Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - April 20th ❗Big updates coming: 4/17-5/7

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ❗TRNR Battles SOON / 🌎Comm. Wknd - 11/30 to 12/2
2 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I'll wait to see more details about it before I get too excited.

Same here. Personaly, I don't want trainer battles until we get an entire rework of the battle system. If trainer battles are going to be like gym battles, then it's gong to be pretty boring. However, I could see them doing a turn-based system like in the main games, but just with two moves to choose from. Also, if they are going to add trainer battles, then should add Pokémon Centers (like PokéStops, but less common) so we can heal PKMN without items, cuz people are going to blow through potions and revives.

Edited by alienboyva

Found a shiny Charmander and got a Mareep. Also got some items and a gift or so, along with a 5 km egg.

Got to take part in a Absol raid today... very, very tough. Little twerp knew Thunder and it wrecked my team and the one other person helping out.

Got a silly CP Pokemon today as well, a Larvitar with 555 CP (same as the fake Hollywood movie/tv show prefix). Named him Faux Number. :P 

Holy shit guise... guess what popped up in my yard! A shiny Dratini! :o Caught him and named him Maxwell. A perfect end to a good night. Just went back on to see how much the game counted my steps and he showed up out of the blue.

------------------------------------------

Went up to a Pokestop today and caught a good handful of Mareep. No shinys yet, but I did get a very nice 800 or so CP one. And I also caught a Bulbasaur and a Beldum. Got a gift and some items from the stop itself.

Edited by Doc Brown

I evolved my regular good CP Mareep into a Flaffy today. No luck with Mareep. But I did get a gift, some items and a 5 KM egg. Also caught some Pokemon, including a Beldum and a regular Mareep. Hatched a pair of eggs, one was a Alolan Geodude and the other was a Wynaut. Both of which I turned into candies.

My favourite key takeaways:

Ultra and Best Friends can battle from ANY distance

You can challenge ANYONE

Both participants earn rewards, including RARE evolution items

You can train with your Team Leader once a day for rewards - AND TO COMPLETE YOUR ACE TRAINER MEDAL

Battles are fast-paced and real-time, so don’t expect to wait your turn! Your selected team of Pokémon will be able to execute both their Fast Attack and Charged Attack moves. In preparation for battle, you’ll even be able to use Stardust and Candy to unlock a bonus Charged Attack for your Pokémon. Timing is important! If you use your head and keep an eye on your opponent’s moves, you may be able to deploy a Protect Shield to save your Pokémon from critical damage. But you only have a limited number of these shields before your Pokémon will be left defenseless.

I take it it's tap and swipe and not turn based? Greeeaaat! -___-  Though, I'll hold off my final judgement until I see it in action.

It's cool that we can battle from any distance, but I agree with @Doc Brown  and would also like to trade from any distance. Though, this is most likely never going to happen, since they don't want a black-market forming for PKMN GO. 

I like how you can train once a day. I assume this is like the old gym system where you could train at gyms...? I really wish we could really train our PKMN like in the main games (lvl-up from battling). That's one thing I kinda don't like about PKMN GO... You don't raise your PKMN and form a bond with them and instead they're just disposable. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
7 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I take it it's tap and swipe and not turn based? Greeeaaat! -___-  Though, I'll hold off my final judgement until I see it in action.

It's cool that we can battle from any distance, but I agree with @Doc Brown  and would also like to trade from any distance. Though, this is most likely never going to happen, since they don't want a black-market forming for PKMN GO. 

I like how you can train once a day. I assume this is like the old gym system where you could train at gyms...? I really wish we could really train our PKMN like in the main games (lvl-up from battling). That's one thing I kinda don't like about PKMN GO... You don't raise your PKMN and form a bond with them and instead they're just disposable. :( 

Yep. That said, couldn't they curb it to a point and have trading from any distance be for ultra friends?

They aren't disposable to me. (Yes I do toss some due to space constraints and what not.) A lot of Pokemon I keep, especially shinies and stuff. 

-------------------------------------

I have some really good news... finally got done catching 108 Pokemon last night! And then Spiritomb showed up and I caught it. 

Edited by Doc Brown

Dammit. Anyone else run into log in issues today? I ran into that, then the unable to authenticate one. Then later I was able to get on, but the map wouldn't load and it froze. :| Was trying to get some items and gifts and it was a no go. :( 

Edited by Doc Brown