Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

This is the first time I've heard about this:   https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9qgd2a/warning_your_pokémon_go_account_can_randomly/

WARNING - Your Pokémon GO account can randomly disappear

Thankfully this has been reported and is being looked into, but it's still not good.

Edited by Doc Brown
2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Hard pass on the possible having to catch 108 Pokemon. Given how hard some Ghost types are to catch and what not. And the limited amount of Pokeballs I have. Just focused on evolving Haunter into Gengar and maybe catching more Shuppets and Duskulls.

108 is Spiritomb's dex number in Diamond/Pearl, and you need the Odd Keystone to get him. I think it has something to do with that.

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

108 is Spiritomb's dex number in Diamond/Pearl, and you need the Odd Keystone to get him. I think it has something to do with that.

Hope that's where they're going with. The Odd Keystone, and not 108 catches. The former would be more sane.

Nice!

Caught a Drifloon and a Haunter today along with a Duskull. Tried checking after leaving a grocery store and got nada. Nothing but normal spawns then. Dang it. Hoping that I have more luck. Got enough candy to evolve a Duskull, but I need to find a good one lol. Up to around 60 candies towards Gengar. Also found a better Bidoof (around 400 odd cp), so I candied the old one.

Edited by Doc Brown
42 minutes ago, Gold said:

It says limited-time special research, and if it's supposed to coincide with this event, why would it?

I thought I saw a post on Reddit that mentioned that you can finish it afterwards and it would still count.

Annnd this research can suck it. Not really bothering, as part two requires catching 108 Pokemon! (Gotta make that money, don't ya Niantic...) And trying to use 108 berries is not going to happen as I only have around 40 or so lmao. Rest in pizza, Spiritomb.

https://heavy.com/games/2018/10/pokemon-go-halloween-2018-special-research/

Edited by Doc Brown