Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

What exactly does adding their trainers benefit you?

If you add them they will send you a gift, which you have 24 hrs. to open. They will be swapping out people on their friend list every day until the 10th. Though, good luck sending a friend request before it gets full again. This is supposed to be for people who can't make it out to PokéStops due the virus, but it seems like most people just want a gift from Niantic, regardless if the can make it to PokéStops or not.

One good thing that has come out of this is that other trainers are also adding random people who can't make it to PokéStops and send them gifts as well. :) 

The offical PKMN GO site now mentions that the next Community Day will take place on 4/25 from 11 AM - 5 PM local time and will feature Abra, which was planned for last month, but got postponed do to the virus. The odd thing about this is, that the in-game news feed and official Twitter account has yet to mention anything about this.

🔗https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Personally, I don't feel comfortable going out for Comm. Day, this month do to the virus and especially, since my state currently has a stay at home order in effect until June 10th. I might see what I can get just from my neighborhood, but here's hoping they have measures in place so we can more easily participate from home.

EDIT:

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - April 25th (11am - 5pm, feat. Abra)
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to get by with 8 Shiny Abra in total from todays Community Day Stay at Home edition via Incense

Granted Incense doesn’t attract too much, so that’s mildly annoying 

.... granted i think i dozed off for a bit somewhere in the last half so i think I could’ve missed out on a few that could’ve been Shiny, though I don’t know for sure 

Well, I’ll take this anyway - better than nothing, I suppose

Evolved the highest CP Abra i had and managed to still get the CD move Counter

Though i was hoping for a higher CP, guess i can always power it up more later

DL6HGIf.png

21yDeqE.jpg

Some changes are being made to PokéCoins...

Trainers,

Right now, the only way to earn PokéCoins is to defend Gyms. But since Pokémon GO’s release, we’ve added features that have vastly changed the way you play. In addition, with more Trainers playing at home, we’re looking to provide more ways for you to earn PokéCoins while playing in one place. So, in the future, we’ll be rewarding you with PokéCoins for activities besides defending Gyms. We’ll soon be testing this update only with Trainers in Australia, and it’ll be coming to all Trainers after this testing phase.

In order to balance this new method of earning PokéCoins, the number of PokéCoins earned from defending Gyms will be reduced from six per hour to two. The maximum number of PokéCoins you can earn in a day will be increased to 55.

Here are some of the daily activities you might see. Complete the featured activities each day to receive five PokéCoins!

• Make an Excellent Throw
  • Evolve a Pokémon
  • Make a Great Throw
  • Use a Berry to help catch a Pokémon
  • Take a snapshot of your buddy
  • Catch a Pokémon
  • Power up a Pokémon
  • Make a Nice Throw
  • Transfer a Pokémon
  • Win a raid

During the initial rollout in Australia, we will collect feedback and perform additional testing based on the results. Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to providing this update to all Trainers once testing is complete. Please stay tuned to official channels for updates.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

🔗https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/pokecoinupdate/

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - May 24th (11am - 5pm, feat. Seedot)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ❗Maintenance - 6/1 (11am - 6pm PT) 🌎Comm. Day - 5/24

Comm Day livestream:

It doesn't seem like much is happening in the stream, but maybe something will eventually...? Though, given their past streams (the one during the Team GO Rocket event), most likely nothing will really happen.

Here's a code for free in-game items: 6W2QRHMM9W2R9

EDIT:

Ok, going back and looking at the news post for Comm Day, nothing is going to happen in this stream. I'm basically just a place for trainers to hangout during Comm. Day

Experience Community Day with others online during our livestream

Are you participating in Community Day? Playing at home doesn’t mean you have to play alone! Tune in to our English-language YouTube channel for our first-ever 24-hour Community Day livestream. Join anytime between Saturday, May 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, May 24, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to watch Seedot and other Pokémon play in the wild. You can also jump into a conversation in the comments. Let’s have fun and play together from home!

Edited by alienboyva