Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

15 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Thanks!

I thought Home was only one way based on that diagram that was floating around regarding compatibility but I hope that’s not the case... we will have to see.

Now that I look at that diagram again, it does seem you can only transfer to PKMN Home from PKMN GO and not transfer from PKMN Home to PKMN GO. I guess this would make since, because they wound't want people instantly completing their dex and getting all the special/rare PKMN meant for raids/events when a new gen gets released. I mean, they want people to go out and play the game so they can make money off it, right? Yeah, I also hope this isn't the case, but It most likely will be. :(

Eia5Y4A.png

Now that I think of it, the whole stardust requirement I mentioned in my previous post could prevent this, but IDK if they'd actually want to implement something like this. Maybe it's too much work converting a mainline game PKMN to a PKMN GO PKMN, given GO uses CP instead of levels and has a limited pool of moves...? I'd assume the vice versa would be easier, since GO is getting support for Home. Plus, Let's GO let you transfer PKMN from PKMN GO, so they should already have that figured out. To make things easier, they could just allow only PKMN that came from PKMN GO to be transferred from PKMN Home. PKMN from PKMN GO could have an option in Home to be converted to a mainline PKMN, so they can be transferred to mainline games, instead of having their stats/moves automatically converted when transferred to PKMN Home. Though, they probably won't go through all this trouble for reasons I mentioned above. Especially, since Let's GO didn't allow transfers to PKMN GO.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ❗GO Battle League is HERE! 🌎Comm. Day - Mar. 15th

Is it just me or has the 2018 PKMN GO Fest avatar shirt disappeared from the game? This is what my avatar wears in the game and I noticed my avatar now wearing a standard (default?) blue hoodie when I logged in recently. I checked the Style Shop and all the other GO Fest shirts except this one. IIRC, it was there when I was playing earlier today and only noticed it was gone after downloading the recent update, so it might have something to do with that. Just wondering if this is something on my end or not. BTW, I already went ahead and submitted a bug report in-game. 

EDIT: The shirt has been added back.

Edited by alienboyva

Community Day March 2020 has been postponed (This is most likely do to the Coronavirus ). Plus, some other changes have been made to the game...

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before PKMN GO Comm. Day got canceled/postponed. This virus is starting to get serious! All types of events are getting canceled,  schools are getting closed, etc. It's kinda scary.

Other changes being made:

We will also be making the following changes to Pokémon GO which are effective starting now until further notice.

• A one-time purchase bundle of 30 Incense for 1 PokéCoin. Incense will also last for one hour.
  • 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during this time period
  • PokéStops will now drop Gifts more frequently
  • Pokémon habitats will increase and more Pokémon will be appearing in the wild

Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.

—The Pokémon GO team

🔗https://pokemongolive.com/post/updatedevents-abracommunityday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ✨Genesect Spec Research 3/20 🌎Mar. Comm. Day POSTPONED!
11 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Community Day March 2020 has been postponed (This is most likely do to the Coronavirus ). Plus, some other changes have been made to the game...

Niantic: Don't go outside for Community Day due to this virus!

Also Niantic: Here are a bunch of new features, including deeply discounted incense, cutting the hatch distance in half, and increase wild Pokemon spawns, all of which work best when you go outside! 

1 hour ago, blcdude1 said:

Niantic: Don't go outside for Community Day due to this virus!

Also Niantic: Here are a bunch of new features, including deeply discounted incense, cutting the hatch distance in half, and increase wild Pokemon spawns, all of which work best when you go outside! 

They actually did that so you can play from home...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on iOS and have to use their site and when I enter the code, it acts like it's loading and then nothing. :( 

If you're getting an error entering the code...

You'd think after 3hrs things would be working by now. Maybe the massive flood of people broke things and/or a massive flood of people are still trying.

Edited by alienboyva