Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

On 1/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, EH_STEVE said:

It'll take time, sure, but I've gotten really good at them.

One thing I like, level means shit passed 40. Once you hit 40, you can power Pokemon to max level, it's not capped based on your trainer level like the sub-40 levels are.

That's cool. I only have so many Pokeballs to work with, so I can only practice occasionally as I don't buy anything in game with real world money.

They've just made the throwing circle too hard to see at times/too small and the hit box is a pain, even with the larger ones.

I know that they probably do that to get people to spend money on Pokeballs, but the only thing it does is make me less likely to even bother. And excellent curveballs... seen my share of tutorials, and no matter what I do, things don't work out lol.

(Sorry about the venting, but it gets very old not being able to get stuff done due to how much of a pain excellent throws are. Only got done (by pure chance) with the 2 excellent throws in a row task yesterday.)

That's good to know.

Got a GOOD update! Thanks to Sneasel, I was finally able to complete the excellent curveball tasks! Finally got Mew and Celebi. flower;

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 weeks later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread |✨Gen VI is HERE! 🌎Comm. Day - March 6th

I finally managed to get a Kangashan (via a Remote Raid). Now I only need a Mewtwo to complete my Kanto Dex!...

However, I kept trying to find a Mewtwo raid that had enough people (8 gyms are visible on the map from my house), but I just couldn't find one before the Kanto Tour ended. :(  I didn't go out, because it was way too cold today, with wind chills on the teens. I know I could have just drove around and done a remote raid from my car, but like I said, I didn't want to go out. One day I'll get this damn Mewtwo! >=P

You're not alone. Didn't get a Mewtwo either. Or a Latias either. Got to be in a raid with two other people and we weren't able to take it down.

Did a Latios raid and a Snorlax one, with no luck either. Did have some luck with a Farfetch'd one though and I was able to catch a Snorlax in the wild.

Found and caught a pink Shellos and found a shiny Horsea.

Nice. 

Finally moved up to level 33 on my end.

Why do they bother with 5 star raids?

ed579b99d143d6be9919b80f36d865ce8bc741c2

Update: faced off against another Mewtwo, this time with another person, didn't do much more damage to it though. 

They need to scale these raids so that they're managable.

Edited by Doc Brown
On 2/23/2021 at 12:31 AM, Doc Brown said:

Nice. 

Finally moved up to level 33 on my end.

Why do they bother with 5 star raids?

ed579b99d143d6be9919b80f36d865ce8bc741c2

Update: faced off against another Mewtwo, this time with another person, didn't do much more damage to it though. 

They need to scale these raids so that they're managable.

Yeah, you need quite a few people with really strong/the right type PKMN and PKMN with the best moves (damage per second and type wise) to take down 5 raids.

Sorry I keep missing your raid invites. PKMN GO doesn't sound or vibrate notifications for some reason, despite having them turned on in settings (I'm on iOS). However, notifications when using PKMN GO+ do sound a vibrate. -__-' It's so annoying and unless I'm on my phone or happen to see my phone light up when I get the notification, I'll most likely miss the invite. They really need to fix this! Anyway, I assume these invites were for Mewtwo raids, but it looks like I would have just been wasting remote raid passes.

15 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, you need quite a few people with really strong/the right type PKMN and PKMN with the best moves (damage per second and type wise) to take down 5 raids.

Sorry I keep missing your raid invites. PKMN GO doesn't sound or vibrate notifications for some reason, despite having them turned on in settings (I'm on iOS). However, notifications when using PKMN GO+ do sound a vibrate. -__-' It's so annoying and unless I'm on my phone or happen to see my phone light up when I get the notification, I'll most likely miss the invite. They really need to fix this! Anyway, I assume these invites were for Mewtwo raids, but it looks like I would have just been wasting remote raid passes.

Yea and being in a more rural area doesn't help with getting stronger Pokemon sometimes. 

Strange. I think that's happened on my end before. Sometimes it let's me know and sometimes it doesn't. They need to fix it.

Yea. But to be honest, no one usually goes to raids in my town often. Sometimes they do, but a lot of times, I'm on my own. So I'm limited up to 3 star raids. I generally avoid 4 and 5 star ones.

I remember another time that Go was having Mewtwo raids. I got the chance to join in with a large group, but couldn't due to having something on my phone set wrong and I didn't have time to fix it.

Did get to watch the raid though. It was around 20 people, but Mewtwo was so tough, that even they weren't able to take it down. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty cool! Though, congrats to the scalpers who well be getting all of these. :( 

Yeah, PKMN cards are petty hot right now (because people selling their old collections for $$$) and TPC had to issue an apology for stores being completely wiped out do to scalpers. ....Not to mention that whole situation with the PKMN cards at McDonald's (Luckily I had no issues getting 2 packs). 

Spoiler