Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

The Electabuzz event was great, found a couple of decent ones, ran across three shinies but I've been trying to evolve Electabuzz for a while now so this was needed.  By the way, why do all Shiny Pokemon seem to suck?  The only one of mine that didn't is during the Rhyhorn event a while back.  I have a pretty great shiny Rhyperior because of it but nothing else.

Gen VI is coming Dec. 2!...

🔗https://pokemongolive.com/post/gobeyond-kalos

Plus....

So, they are adding Fortnite style seasons...?  

I swear, if they add a battle pass type of thing... That's it! I'm done! They already make billions off this game, no need to suck more money out of people. Plus, I hate battle passes, because on top of having to buy them, they expect you to grind for hours a day to get anything good  before the season ends. 

Edited by alienboyva
I see this was already posted above. OOPS!
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread |✨Gen VI coming 12/2! 🌎Comm. Day - 11/21
5 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Gen 6 coming Dec. 2!...

So, they are adding Fortnite style seasons...?  

I swear, if they add a battle pass type of thing... That's it! I'm done! They already make billions off this game, no need to suck more money out of people. Plus, I hate battle passes, because on top of having to buy them, they expect you to grind for hours a day to get anything good  before the season ends. 

It's literal season by the sounds of it

As the world outside rotates through winter, spring, summer, and autumn, the world of Pokémon GO will change with the seasons! Every three months, you can expect to see a new season in Pokémon GO that brings major changes, such as the following.

• Different Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. Some Pokémon will be more difficult to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!
  • Based on what hemisphere you’re in, you can find different Pokémon appearing in the wild each Season. For example, in the first Season, Pokémon related to winter will be appearing in the wild in the northern hemisphere, while Burmy, Darumaka, and other Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences in the Pokémon you can find in the wild, too.
  • In addition, different forms of Deerling will be appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in, so keep a lookout!
  • In-game events will be themed based on the Season they occur in!
  • Seasons will be continually updated with more features and content.

Shit! I forgot today was Comm. Day again (Thanks for the notification Niantic >_>). Hopefully I can get enough candies to evolve a Magmar with an hour left. I'm about halfway there.

Also...

I know other mobile games do this quite a bit , but updated app icon. :o

F57F1DFF-A561-4DF0-B28A-C07C3E2B4CB4.jpeg.7665931786c3db12ca8de09a7a3797fd.jpeg

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...

We knew this was coming, but the level cap has now been increased to 50...

Since Pokémon GO's 2016 launch, Trainers have worked hard to reach level 40. And beginning on Monday, November 30, 2020, they'll have an exciting new goal to achieve as Pokémon GO's level cap is increased to 50!

Advancing beyond level 40 will require more than just XP. To prove themselves, Trainers will also have to complete new Level-Up Research to advance to the next level. These new tasks won't be simple and may take some time to complete, but no one said being a Pokémon Trainer would be easy!

Trainers who reach level 40 before the end of the year will earn the title of Legacy 40 Trainer and some exciting rewards, like the Legacy 40 medal and Timed Research that rewards an exclusive Gyarados Hat avatar item! To help Trainers level up faster, a double Catch XP bonus will be in effect until Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time.

Trainers will also be able to power up their Pokémon to a higher CP than was previously possible at their Trainer level. Powering up Pokémon past a certain CP will require Candy XL, which can be acquired by catching Pokémon and converting normal Candy into Candy XL.

Good luck on your journey to level 50!

🔗https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-go-increases-level-cap-introduces-legacy-40-trainer-title/