Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread |🧑‍🤝‍🧑Raid w/ friends WW SOON🌎Comm. Day - 5/24

NUKv25y.png?1

Trainers,

More exciting changes will be coming to Pokémon GO in the coming months, and we wanted to share an early update on a couple features you can expect this summer. One is a feature that was previously announced: the ability to invite friends to remotely join you in Raid Battles! The other is a new update that’ll allow you to personalize the Gifts you send to your friends with in-game stickers!

Make your friends smile with a Gift sticker

Sending Gifts to friends just got more personalized! Want to show a friend how much you appreciate them? Soon you’ll be able to add a special sticker to the Gifts you send!

When the feature is rolled out, you’ll get a set of stickers for free! Right before you send a Gift to a friend, tap ADD STICKER and pick a sticker to attach. At launch, there will be five stickers available. You can use a sticker only once, so be sure to stock up on more by opening Gifts. In the future, you’ll be able to purchase some designs from the shop.

Invite friends to raids regardless of their location

As we continue to make changes to Pokémon GO that further adapt gameplay to individual settings, we’re excited to announce that the ability to invite friends to raids will be rolling out soon!

When this feature is available, you’ll see a + button in both public and private raid lobbies that you’ve joined in person. After tapping the + button, you’ll be able to invite up to five friends to join you. Your friends will be able to see raid invitations on their Nearby screen or in push notifications. These invitations will allow them to enter the raid lobby. Your friends will use a pass only once the battle starts, not when they join the lobby.

While the feature will be released after the highly anticipated Legendary Pokémon Reshiram has already left raids, fret not! The Vast White Pokémon will be back in raids in the future, so you’ll have another chance to face off against it and test your resolve for truth.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

🔗https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raid-gift-update-2020/

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread |🧑‍🤝‍🧑Raid w/ friends WW, SOON!🌎Comm. Day-6/20

A new PokéCoins rewards system will soon be tested out in Australia (see the link in the tweet below for what will be changed/what will most likely come our way, when fully implemented). Also, support is ending for 32-bit Android phones (most Android phones released before 2015). Last, but not least, the sticker system* mentioned in the update post above is now live!.

*You can get stickers from opening gifts or buy them in the shop with PokéCoins (I currently don't see them in the shop :-/ ).

Edited by alienboyva

Did anyone else get this? I logged in today and I got this message saying I was banned. I’m a legit player and don’t hack/spoof. This message keeps popping up every time I log-in. Though, it seems I can still play with no issues. 

Come me to find out I’m not the only one with this issue and it seems to be an iOS problem. This might be something with the latest update, as I did download it last night be for going to bed.  Anyway, I’m going to contact support and report this. 

EDIT: I sent a bug report and a ban appeal (waiting for a response) hoping they fix it ASAP. 

AD29C2AD-2DFA-4A0A-A150-7EBC39349C6B.thumb.png.67bb2679ae951d6ec88af1b3d205c2e4.png

Edited by alienboyva

Niantic is now aware of the bug causing iOS users to get strikes on their accounts and is looking in to it. Also, GO Fest (digital event this year) tickets are now available!

I hope they fix this soon. Also, they better give us something to make up of it....

$15 to participate in a digital event? ...HA! NOPE!

Edited by alienboyva

Just caught mine. I didn’t realize that he’s only available for today (in the wild). :P

I saw one earlier at a PokéStop in my neighborhood, but it was pouring down rain. I'm glad one finally spawned that wasn't at a PokéStop.

1F6F6FE8-30FF-45B5-9348-F2D62816BB3E.png

Edited by alienboyva

Yeah, I caught a Galarion Farfetch'd too.

Took me 2 tries, it's been a while since I opened this game. I know how long it's been by the clothes I'm wearing.

Remember the starting clothes you are in Pokemon US/UM as the boy. That's what I have on. That game came out in 2017 and GO came out in 2016 so when did this outfit come out again? It is the only starting outfit I actually like in a main Pokemon game.

I'm wear the Isle of armor clothing set now.

My app won't even load past the Niantic/Pokemon Company screen. Did some quick digging and saw that since June 17, Niantic was aware of an issue with players using Android 5 and 6 devices being unable to get past the loading screen. So with this not being resolved in time, I get to miss out on Weedle Community Day.

Total BS that Niantic didn’t resolve this issue with Android 5 & 6 in time for Comm. Day. They need to do something for trainers who missed out on Comm. Day because of this. They also need to do something for iOS users who falsely received strikes on their accounts (I was one of them). WTF is going on with Niantic lately? :|

Anyway I caught 2 shinies and got my Beedrill will Drill Run. 

CD874DC4-F7EA-408D-9D70-A34D31591826.png

Edited by alienboyva