Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

qehQqhe.png

Site: http://www.pokemongo.com/en-us/ | http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/

Price: FREE / In-App Purchases | Pokémon GO Plus: $34.99

| What is Pokémon GO? | Pokémon GO Plus | System Requirements | Updates |

Welcome to the Pokémon GO Discussion Thread! Here you can discuss the game, Pokémon GO PLUS, and, show off our Pokémon collection. 

Get out there and Catch 'em all!

23N3es5.png?1 Events / Important News 23N3es5.png?1

Raikou appearing from Research Breakthroughs starting in Aug.!

🌎 8th monthly Community Day: Aug. 11th, 2-5pm ET (Feat. Eevee)

🎁 Friends, gifting, and trading Coming Soon!

🌴 Alolan Exeggutor now appearing!

23N3es5.png?1 N4A Trainer Whitelist 23N3es5.png?1

*If you would like to be added, post a pic of your Trainer Name & Trainer Code or post the example below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex: N4A Name | Trainer Name | Trainer Code

A:

@alienboyva | alienboyva | Click Here for Code

@Art_de_Cat | ArtdiCat | 7483 3472 0339

B:

@blcdude1 | blcdude | 3880 7937 9699

D:

@Dancing Mog | JoeCool8524 | 7745 0388 6407

@DLurkster | DLurkster | 1128 2188 8277

@Doc Brown | Digitalkarp | 3050 2025 4477

@DranSeasona | DranSeasona | 2626 3768 6669

E:

@EH_STEVE | CheddaSpreada | 7439 0445 5766

@Ephraim | ??? | 9783 1635 5851

F:

@Ferry | MisterFerry | 3094 0702 4801

@fuzz | ekshi | 4224 6213 2050

G:

@gbwyoshi | gbwyoshi | 2375-5711-4152

@Gold | GoldenTempest | Click Here for Code

I:

@IU | Joe79109 | 4033 9917 0645.

L:

@L'Arachel | PriestessMitama | 9720 2715 6830

S:

@Shadow118 | Shadow1118 | Click Here for Code

@Surge135 | LtSurge135 | Click Here for Code

Trailers:

Spoiler

23N3es5.png?1 What is Pokémon GO? 23N3es5.png?1

Pokémon GO is a mobile game from Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and developed by Niantic Labs that let players go out in the real world and catch Pokémon. The game uses various geo-cached points in which a Pokémon may appear at. Depending on where you are/live different Pokémon will appear. Ex: Water Pokémon will appear near rivers, lakes, and oceans. During their journey, players will come across Poké Stops, in which they can collect free items and gyms in which they can battle at (*Note* battling is very basic and is not to be expect to be like the in main Pokémon games). In a future update players will be given the ability to trade with others. For a good idea of how the game works, Check out Nintendo's E3 discussion with the devs of the game (see spoiler below).

*Note game requires Internet (mobile data/Wi-Fi) and location services*

U97lB8G.png?1

More Screens: http://imgur.com/a/WKiC2

7QMmvwv.png?1

Pokémon GO Plus is a device created by Nintendo that lets players enjoy the game while freeing their eyes from their phone. The device connects to your phone via low energy Bluetooth and will flash and vibrate when a Pokémon or Poké Stop is near by, so you can catch Pokémon or collect items without the need to use your phone.

*Please Note* 
 Pokémon GO Plus currently only uses Poké Balls and when connected, will enable the game to run in the background. With the game running in the background you can do other things on your phone or turn the screen off, while still being notified of nearby pokémon, PokéStops, and track your distance.

JHCkjLR.png?1

Pokémon GO Plus Quick Start Guide:

20160917090446.png20160917090443.png

20160917090440.png

Misc. Pics:

*More in spoiler below*

20160924055716.png?147466424320160917090720.png

20160917090436.png

Videos:

23N3es5.png?1 System Requirements 23N3es5.png?1

Pokémon GO:

Android

• Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1 
  • (Android N will not supported until the official Android release)
  • Preferred resolution of 720x1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)
  • Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
  • GPS and Location Services
  • Intel CPUs are not supported

iOS

• iPhone 5+
  • iOS 8+
  • Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
  • GPS and Location Services
  • Jailbroken devices are not supported

Link: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/221958248-Supported-devices 

Pokémon GO Plus:

iOS

• Compatible with iPhone® 5 / 5c / 5s / SE / 6 / 6s /6 Plus / 6s Plus devices with iOS Ver. 8–9 installed.
  • Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
  • Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
  • Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.

Android

• Compatible with Android devices that have 2 GB RAM or more, have Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0 or higher) capability, and have Android Ver. 4.4–6.0 installed.
  • Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
  • Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
  • Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.

Notes

• It is recommended to play while connected to a 3G/4G network in order to obtain accurate location information.
  • Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
  • Compatibility information may be changed at any time on either iOS or Android platforms.

Information current as of July 13, 2016

Link: http://www.pokemongo.com/en-us/pokemon-go-plus/ 

23N3es5.png?1 Updates 23N3es5.png?1

Latest Update(s):

Previous updates:

Edited by alienboyva

I'm out of data until the 25th, which is a bit of a pain. I just got 3 10k eggs and the first two contained the first Scyther I've gotten since level 10 [this one is ~1100CP] and the second was an Aerodactyl!

Things have really turned around luck-wise with the 10k eggs since I had that horrible Onix streak that left me with 100 Onix candy. I think Hitmonlee is the only 10k egg Pokemon I don't yet have, though I'm not opposed to more Kabuto/Omanyte candies.

Also no way am I paying $30 for a piece of plastic that probably costs $5 to make- let alone the stupid scalper prices. I'll wait for the cheap Chinese knockoff, thanks.

Edited by Carl321

I had to post this, because of how ridiculous this is. :awesome:

Hey, Ben Heck! You know, they already made a solution to this.... It's called Pokémon GO Plus. :v

EDIT: Wow... So many people in the comments section on this video saying Pokémon GO is dead. >_<  While it's player base has dropped of quite a bit since it's peak, there's till a shit-ton of people still playing this game, especially if you include worldwide numbers. Even the CEO of Niantic said so himself. So, it's definitely not dead. I think most people fail to realize just how many people were playing the game at its peak.

Edited by alienboyva

Managed to hatch both a Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan one right after the other last night.  Unfortunately, they were from eggs I got early on so they're fairly weak.  By the way, how much candy do you earn when traveling with a chosen pokemon as your companion?  I just checked out the gauge for the first time today and my magnemite needs like 1.3km to collect candy but does it only collect one ever 1.3km or more than that?

8 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Managed to hatch both a Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan one right after the other last night.  Unfortunately, they were from eggs I got early on so they're fairly weak.  By the way, how much candy do you earn when traveling with a chosen pokemon as your companion?  I just checked out the gauge for the first time today and my magnemite needs like 1.3km to collect candy but does it only collect one ever 1.3km or more than that?

Pokemon from 2km eggs [except starters] require 1km per candy. Pokemon from 5k eggs [and starters] require 3km per candy. Pokemon from 10km eggs require 5km per candy.

If you tap on your trainer icon, then tap on the name of your Buddy Pokemon [right under yours on that screen] you'll see how much distance per candy and the total walked. Your Hitmonchan/lee will need 5km per candy.

Well that sucks.  I'm trying to power up a magnemite I got from an egg and it's the only  magnemite I've seen.  No one I know has even seen them wild and some of these people have actually traveled around town in their cars playing the game, even going into other counties.  At this rate I'll never have a Magneton. -_-

Until I started school this semester I haven't seen a Magnemite either. I've caught three at the school so far, but my first one was from an egg. The idea of the Buddy System is to give you rewards passively you wouldn't have otherwise gotten. This way, if you walk for 10km and never see a single Magnemite you get 3 candies- almost as if you have.

Also, sometimes Pokemon will actually give you more than one candy at a time. It seems random right now, but since Pokemon store the amount you walked the chances may increase the more you've walked with them.

Well this seems a bit much:

Spurned Pokemon Go players file complaints with federal government

Full article is there at Polygon, but the short list is from GoNintendo:

- 72 Pokemon GO players have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission since the game’s July launch.
- 56 of the complaints were directed at Niantic
- the rest of the complaints were aimed at Nintendo and The Pokémon Company
- multiple users complained about money spent and wanted refunds after third-party tracking apps were blocked
- others complained about invasion of privacy, including gym/PokeStop locations and trespassing
- some complained about children and safety issues

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Well this seems a bit much:

Spurned Pokemon Go players file complaints with federal government

Full article is there at Polygon, but the short list is from GoNintendo:

- 72 Pokemon GO players have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission since the game’s July launch.
- 56 of the complaints were directed at Niantic
- the rest of the complaints were aimed at Nintendo and The Pokémon Company
- multiple users complained about money spent and wanted refunds after third-party tracking apps were blocked
- others complained about invasion of privacy, including gym/PokeStop locations and trespassing
- some complained about children and safety issues

That was a while ago... I can't believe it took these guys a month to write that article. Frankly I do support those that filed the complaints- especially now that they've blocked rooted users. Niantic was in violation of a lot of rules when they had a support email that automatically replied that it was an unmonitored inbox. When servers hiccuped they'd take the money you spent on Pokecoins and not give you the items you asked for. If you emailed them asking for a refund or for the items you'd get that email. Their communication was absolutely nonexistant and caused a lot of problems for people. On top of that, people spent money on the app thinking it played a certain way just for them to remove a huge part of its functionality without any warning or reason or communication. I think they were quite justified in filing complaints all over the place for what Niantic was pulling.

Eventually, after strong-arming them with this approach, we did get them to start responding to these issues and communicating with the playerbase. It's sad they had to go that far.

I can't speak for the invasion of privacy thing, though. You kinda agreed to that when you downloaded the app. Now that they're actually getting off their rear ends to avoid getting sued the Pokestop/Gym thing isn't an issue, either.

Edited by Carl321

I love this App/Game. 

It has gotten me to be more physically active while killing my iPhone's 6S+ battery (my Watch can prove it)

I have caught/hatched roughly ~90 of the Pokemon in my local area.

I love gym battling...

Love the buddy system. 

I hope trading launches soon along with a new Gen. 

I also can't wait for the Watch version to drop. 

Oh I've only spent ~$7 on it to date mainly money I had left over on iTunes after doing other purchases. 

I've been playing Pokémon Go since it released here, though admittedly my attention has been waning recently. I've pretty much caught/evolved all the Pokémon that I'm going to get without traveling and/or getting lucky. I'm using egg hatching and the buddy system to keep going, and I always take my phone on me when I go out around the city, but it doesn't quite hold the spark and attention that it once did for me. Ah well. I still have gotten much more amusement out of it than I thought I would back when it was announced. :P

New feature coming soon... Capture bonuses to increase catch-rate of rare PKMN

Trainers,

We want to give you a sneak peek of a feature coming soon to Pokémon GO. We are adding a new feature which grants a catch bonus when you earn medals based on catching certain types of Pokémon (Kindler, Psychic, Gardener, etc.). These new bonuses will give you a better chance of capturing Pokémon with a related type. For example, as you reach a higher tier for the Kindler Medal, your bonus to catch Fire-type Pokémon such as Charmander, Vulpix and Ponyta increases.

Trainers can work their way to a new tier by catching many Pokémon of the same type. If a Pokémon has multiple types, your bonus will be the average of your bonuses for each type. For example, Pidgey is both Normal and Flying type. Your bonus in this case would be the average of your Normal-type and Flying-type bonuses.

Look forward to this new feature coming soon!

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/elemental/

JyhiPVS.png?1         rJpZplE.png         yXVTZVf.png

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, Carl321 said:

I hope it applies to the Go Plus because the catch rate on that thing is pretty low.

It should since it most likely applies to catch rates in general.

As for the PKMN GO +... That thing has a low catch rate, cuz your trying to 200+ CP PKMN by using just a single poké ball and that's it. Now, if they'd added some settings for the device to choose which type of balls to use, that'd improve things quite a bit. I'd also like to see some settings for, turn off vibration, choose what to notify you on (PKMN you've caught, PKMN you haven't caught, or PokéStops) set priority on PKMN or PokéStops if both are in range. It'd also be nice to be able to choose which PKMN to notify you on, but I don't think they will add too many features to the device, since they don't wan't want people who have the device to have a way greater advantage over people who don't have the device (pay-to-win). Still, I feel you should get some kind of advantage or bonus given how much you're paying for the thing and you're basically spending money on the game, so...

From my experience using PKMN GO +, I found it's best to periodically pull out for phone and see what's on the sightings list to see if there are any rare PKMN or PKMN you need around. If so, when the device goes off, check your phone to see what it its before trying to catch it, so you can use for phone to catch it, if it's, something you want. If not just press the button and continue on your way. Now, if you come across a PKMN that you haven't caught (yellow light), without a doubt take out your phone to catch it. One thing I did notice is how you have a bigger range when using the device. I've noticed PKMN and PokéStops come in range quite a bit sooner than when not using the device, which means your catching PKMN and collecting items more often. My favorite feature is how the device allows you to have the game running in the background so can do other things on your phone while playing the game or turn off your screen which saves quite a bit of battery. I've also noticed when having the app running in the background that it tracks distance much faster than with the device not connected, which is great!

Once Gen 2 is released, I feel like the PKMN GO + should become a lot more useful, since there will be a lot more new PKMN. Though, as of right now it's great for farming PokéStops, helping break up that slow grind for XP when your at a higher lvl, and playing the game at times when you can't always have your phone out.

Edited by alienboyva

The only thing program-wise I want out of the Go + is to prioritize Stops over Pokemon. I like[d] the Go Plus because I could grab Pokemon/items in areas/situations in which I wasn't allowed to take out my phone. I quickly came to realize that if you run out of Pokeballs and there's a Pokemon anywhere NEAR a Pokestop you will never, ever collect from it. It's pretty poorly planned because a Pokestop can be cleared in a second whereas it takes quite some time to clear the area of every Pokemon. I didn't mind the catch rate too much until I realized I have little to no sustainability while using it.

The thing disconnects from my device periodically and refuses to reconnect unless I open the app, so that's also a pain in the butt, but one thing at a time.