Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Had an ok community day, no shinies, but I got enough Turtwigs to evolve my best second evolution one into a Torterra. Also got some items and some gifts. Haven't found/seen a single 5th gen Pokemon yet. :P  Just hatched a Chingling recently, along with an Igglybuff and a Tauros. Both of the latter I tossed. Kept the former.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ⚫⚪Gen V is HERE! 🌎Comm. Day - 9/15

Dang! I was unaware Gen V went live a few hours ago. Seriously, PKMN GO notifications need to sound! I shouldn't have to notice that my phone's screen lit up to know that I have a notification from PKMN GO!!!. >:(  GO+ notifications sound, so why can't regular PKMN GO notifications? Awayway... It's too late to go out now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. ...Or hope to get lucky and one will spawn in my neighborhood before I go to bed. There are few spawn points in my neighborhood that I can reach from my house. 

Nice to see that Mewtwo is back. Hopefully there will be one nearby after they EX raid I'm going to this weekend, so there's enough people to take him down. Maybe, I'll see if people want to go hunt for one afterwards (Still don't have him BTW).

EDIT:

Well, one just spawned, so I didn't have to go out. BTW, why didn't Adventure Sync's nearby notify me? I have it tuned on. 

Edited by alienboyva

This is my first time seeing Purrloin on its hind legs and it looks weird after playing Black for hundreds of hours. So far I've gotten 4 of the new Pokemon: Patrat, Foongus, Lillipup and Purrloin. Generation V might be the first new generation since the game's launch where I go out looking for Pokemon outside of raids, limited research and community days. 

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ⚫⚪Gen V is HERE! 🌎Comm. Day - 10/12
38 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:
Oct 12 (Saturday) 11 to 2 again

Ughhh, again? Why? 😩 Well at least it’s not Sunday again. 

Well this is unfortunate (see pic below)... :(

I was hoping to try and get a Mewtwo from this. Mewtwo is the only PKMN besides Mr. Mime and Kangaskhan, which are region exclusives, that I need to complete my Kanto-dex. Anyway... As mentioned in a previous post, hopefully one will show up this weekend after my EX raid this weekend, so there’s actually have enough people to take one down. May also ask if anyone wants to go hunting for one.

People are losing their shit over this. I get something must have came up that was out of Niantis’s control, but that’s no reason to flip out. I get people rearranged their schedules for this, but this stuff happens sometimes. Get over it!  *sigh* PKMN GO players can be so horrible sometimes (I know most aren’t). Need I mentioned stories of people losing their shit over gyms?

903931EB-DAA7-4955-ACEF-DCC562295754.thumb.png.c10a2c4a9da0482af11388c2d7b1936d.png

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

@alienboyva you think that's bad? There are people looking to file a class-action "privacy breach" for Niantic doing a shadow update over the weekend and decreasing the shiny rate from 1/50 to 1/150 on the regional hatches. That's entitlement for you.

With that said, loot boxes are still an exploitative system. 

Ideally, Niantic would disclose the odds of what those eggs contain. Niantic does not do this, and it raises red flags as to why. The reason I see is probably the reason everyone sees: without a need to disclose those odds, they can change those odds at a whim, drastically lowering them during an event such as this to sell more incubators. These odds don't even need to be specific. For example, Fire Emblem Heroes provides you with four points of information: the chance of summoning a 5-star focus character, the chance of summoning a 5-star (non-featured) character, the chance of summoning a 4-star character and the chance of summoning a 3-star character. 

It combines the gambling of loot boxes with the manufactured rarity of regional exclusives, coupled with a limited time-frame, without any disclosure provided to the player. No wonder some people are pissed off. 

Also, while it really has nothing to do with the matter at hand, this is a series that removed in-game gambling using in-game currency from Pokemon Let's Go.