Ty Experiences the Xenosaga... saga

Much like what @Kamui did for Hashtag Effie, Awakening, and Birthright, I've decided to stop shitposting in the chat thread and create my own thread for my experience through Xenosaga, and ask for advice whenever I get stuck. I've already been spoiled on a few important plot twists by Project X Zone and the "trivia" sections of a few pages on the Xenoblade wiki, but other than that, I'm trying to experience most of the story for myself. Hoping to finish Episode 1 before Breath of the Wild comes out, and then come back and finish Episodes 2 and 3 (though I've also read that Episode 2 can be beaten in about 6 hours, so I might be able to squeeze it in as well).

---

Right now, I just got to the part where the Elsa is docked at some sort of port town full of people who hate the military, and watched a cutscene where Commander Cherenkov has a glowing white swastika on his forehead. I've got about 8,000 money; anything I should buy before I advance the plot?

First, if you are busy with work and life, you probably won't complete Episode 1 before Breath of the Wild. It took me awhile to beat the game but that's because I didn't go through tips and gamefaqs that often.

Secondly, get a good amount of healing items, ether packs, a few revives, a few biospheres, a few antidotes, and some upgradable armor.

Also have fun with the Gargoyle later on hamwink;

Edited by Kirbymeister2

Funny you should make this thread.  I recently tried to replay Episodes II and III, but for some reason, something appears to be wrong with my PS2; basically, it freezes at certain moments while either loading or whatever after I leave it paused for a while.

Overall, I remember Xenosaga fondly, and I also remember the sequel idea that chaoszieg and I were coming up with together before we got a little carried away with certain elements that were unnecessary.

You can skip Episode II if you want, but I suggest you get it anyway, though you need to have a clear file on Episode I before you do that (having an Episode I clear file on your memory card allows you to unlock the swimsuits for KOS-MOS and Ziggy in Episode II, as well as a few other things).

After playing Guilty Gear for the first time, I got an idea to do a lot of crossover fanfics around that game, and Xenosaga was one of those I wanted to cross it over with.

25 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

What happened?

Played up to the point where you get eaten by a Gnosis. Spent about an hour wondering through the dungeon fighting Cerberuses and Fairies. Fairies are a total bitch to fight because they like to dodge my attacks at inopportune moments, put people to sleep, and have an attack called Will-o-Wisp that has an annoyingly long animation. But I continue through, and eventually come across an Ogre. Despite his intimidating appearance, he's fairly easy to take out by pressing triangle a lot. No, the problem comes from the very next encounter, where there's two of him, plus another Fairy in the back row that I can't reach. I then get caught in an endless cycle of getting knocked into the red, healing, and getting put to sleep by the Fairy, until I eventually get wiped out.

I even had MOMO in my party like you said, but I'm not sure what that "awesome skill" you mentioned is.

13 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Played up to the point where you get eaten by a Gnosis. Spent about an hour wondering through the dungeon fighting Cerberuses and Fairies. Fairies are a total bitch to fight because they like to dodge my attacks at inopportune moments, put people to sleep, and have an attack called Will-o-Wisp that has an annoyingly long animation. But I continue through, and eventually come across an Ogre. Despite his intimidating appearance, he's fairly easy to take out by pressing triangle a lot. No, the problem comes from the very next encounter, where there's two of him, plus another Fairy in the back row that I can't reach. I then get caught in an endless cycle of getting knocked into the red, healing, and getting put to sleep by the Fairy, until I eventually get wiped out.

I even had MOMO in my party like you said, but I'm not sure what that "awesome skill" you mentioned is.

Oh I should've been clear. Use MoMo for this certain boss that is the Gargoyle. There's a certain stealing skills she uses to steal items and the Gargoyle is the best time to use it. 

As for Fairies there's a certain character to use them for but I unfortunately forgot. What characters are you using?

6 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Oh I should've been clear. Use MoMo for this certain boss that is the Gargoyle. There's a certain stealing skills she uses to steal items and the Gargoyle is the best time to use it. 

As for Fairies there's a certain character to use them for but I unfortunately forgot. What characters are you using?

Shion, KOS-MOS, and MoMo.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I just got to the Gargoyle that you mentioned, but lost on purpose because I didn't have Momo in my party. How do I teach her that stealing skill?

Also, any ideas on who I should use these on?

Ah oops the skill can't be taught but it can be found on an empty space up some stairs before you enter the main building.  

Ziggy and KOS-MOS

Edited by Kirbymeister2

The only stairs I've seen are inside the main building, and I didn't find any ability up them...

EDIT: nvm. Killed the Gargoyle. Didn't even need MOMO or her stealing ability. If there's something I missed, I figure I can just go back via VR and get it later.

Edited by Tyranogre
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I'm at the part where the party gets reunited after being separated inside KOS-MOS's brain... or something.kconfused;

Just saved my game inside the church, about to enter a door where I will "face myself".

Looks like this is where I'm putting the game down until I finish Breath of the Wild.