Dokapon Castle - Ninfora Chat Thread - February 2023

April

so, dokapon kingdom is indirectly responsible for my partner and i meeting, and we've been trying to thrift a wii for months (partly bc online prices are bullshit for NA games nowadays and partly just cause we like thrifting). but we only found one very questionable one that we passed on bc i wasn't in the mood to spend a lot of time trying to fix and clean it (kinda regret it though)
anyway, i found out like last week that it's coming to switch and we're super stoked, so here's the first excuse i've had to make a thread in like two years y;

Looks like Curseforge supports The Sims 4?

Did not know that until now - that would have been more convenient for downloading most of these mods, I suppose 

Also sounds like the new update broke some of the mods

So going to have to go through and see what to update and remove older versions of the mods

And i have a lengthy list, too… and a nice chunk of them are 18+ mods so that might be tricky to figure out considering how i organized things….

So going to have to do that tonight 

• Spring pinned this topic

happy feb gamers

since my hours are still pretty low this month so far, thinking i might start spirit hunter: death mark and see if i can beat it before hogwarts comes out flower; im a lil sick today so maybe today would be perfect for laying in bed playin......howlongtobeat puts it at a max of like 16 hours, so i feel like that should be doable y; 

anyone else got plans of stuff to play this month?

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Either finally getting a round to the latest FO76 DLC, digging out my WiiU for WW and TP, or getting a month of GamePass and checking out some games on there (notably: Hi Fi Rush)

40 minutes ago, Spring said:

happy feb gamers

since my hours are still pretty low this month so far, thinking i might start spirit hunter: death mark and see if i can beat it before hogwarts comes out flower; im a lil sick today so maybe today would be perfect for laying in bed playin......howlongtobeat puts it at a max of like 16 hours, so i feel like that should be doable y; 

Once I finish Atelier Firis (which is much longer than I expected), Fire Emblem Engage (after Davy finishes it) and Three Hopes.

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line demo somewhat confirms my fears that using a controller will be much more difficult than using a stylus and touch screen, or at least it's going to be a whole new learning curve (plus learning to deal with double triggers, particularly consecutive slide triggers, is wrinkling my brain). Still enjoyed the demo though, and I'll probably get the base version and just pick up a couple of the DLC packs that I actually want.

With it being February, we’re one month closer to the Super Mario Movie

Also not too far off from Hogwarts Legacy coming out - been ages since we’ve gotten a game from that IP - interested im getting that sometime

Not sure how well it’s going to run on Switch…. leaning towards getting it on Steam more

Though, i wonder how quickly people will figure out how to Mod it? I’d be surprised if that doesn’t happen 

Seen a lot of games I wasn’t expecting to see modded… a least going by some of the videos I’ve watched on ToastedShoes Channel anyway 

Still haven’t made much progress in finishing up Arceus or Diamond yet… really need to do that, getting behind in Violet compared to other people…. especially with how many Raids have been happening 

Getting extremely close to getting the National Dex in Diamond though, just need Milotic,Chatot,Mantyke/Mantine, the Lake Trio,Dialga and Manaphy

Have a lot more Shinies, though… and finally have a shiny Female Piplup so have all 3 Sinnoh starters as shiny

Though i have a couple in lines, pretty much the first trio i’ve gotten in a mainline game

Played a decent amount of Sonic Frontiers a few days ago - quite a nice game so far

Have most of the first island done story-wise, but haven’t done much in collecting things too much aside from those little Coco guys and Chests here and there

Sone mini bosses/larger enemies on the first island are surprisingly easier when you have upgrades - was having trouble with a couple of them aside from the Tower before getting upgrades 

Still haven’t been able to nail down S Ranks on these stages though - fishing is a nice break when you want to do something else for a bit

Really like the large open areas, though - really nice to just run around and explore things for no reason 

55 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Also not too far off from Hogwarts Legacy coming out - been ages since we’ve gotten a game from that IP - interested im getting that sometime

Not sure how well it’s going to run on Switch…. leaning towards getting it on Steam more

Still haven’t been able to nail down S Ranks on these stages though - fishing is a nice break when you want to do something else for a bit

*stares* I will give anyone who buys Hogwarts

Legacy the evil eye. Not giving any part of my money to… HER… if  SHE gets any of the money. 

… 

1-3 for me is everyone’s bane. Just stay on the ground and boost for the most part. Disregard the rails as much you can. 

10 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

*stares* I will give anyone who buys Hogwarts

Legacy the evil eye. Not giving any part of my money to… HER… if  SHE gets any of the money. 

… 

1-3 for me is everyone’s bane. Just stay on the ground and boost for the most part. Disregard the rails as much you can. 

I don’t think she has anything to do with it as far as I’m aware? Besides, I’ll probably wait for a sale to pop up if it goes on sale at some point

Though that Onyx Hippogriff preorder bonus does sound quite nice…..

_________

I have to keep that in mind

Granted, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve played a 3D Sonic game, so might be a bit rusty

….

on that note, haven’t played Generations still - still need a controller or controller adapter for it

The keyboard controls suck and find it difficult to play the game for me at least..

>pirate Hogwarts Legacy

>Rowling loses $60

>delete Hogwarts Legacy

>Rowling gains back $60

>pirate Hogwarts Legacy one million times

>Rowling loses $60M and declares bankruptcy

>buy the rights to Harry Potter for a few bucks and become CEO

>delete all the pirated copies of Hogwarts Legacy from my hard drive

>$60 million dollars instantly deposited into my account

>suddenly a millionaire CEO of the Harry Potter IP with the money to reboot the franchise so that it supports trans rights

I won't lie, I'd probably be more interested in Hogwartz Legacy if JKR wasn't such a terfing piece of shit. It's honestly soured my relationship with that franchise which is absolutely formative to my childhood; I just can't care about it anymore.

I'm reading through Witch Hat Atelier though which gives very similar HP vibes so that's been fun. Will start volume 3 in the future once I cat track down volume 4+5.

She's not the only problem. Apparently, it's based on stopping a goblin rebellion. Which is really anti-semitic, if you REALLY think about it.  

But, yeah, if her name is in the credits for whatever reason... na-ah.

I really loved the movies as a kid. They had some of the best actors in it; who now know better, thankfully. I bought all seven books. I even bought... the Cursed Child play when it came out. It's a good thing I never opened or read it.  

But, yeah... I can't support anything from the series now because of her. I'm not sure if it's guilt by association even if she doesn't get royalties from it. 

trans hysteria is on track to cause the UK to implode w them blocking that scottish trans bill lol
i say add as much fuel to the fire as you want theydonothing;
a lot more fun than here where half of politics is like "yea we straight up wanna eradicate trans ppl altogether" and the other half is "cmon can't we compromise"

4 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

I won't lie, I'd probably be more interested in Hogwartz Legacy if JKR wasn't such a terfing piece of shit. It's honestly soured my relationship with that franchise which is absolutely formative to my childhood; I just can't care about it anymore.

I'm reading through Witch Hat Atelier though which gives very similar HP vibes so that's been fun. Will start volume 3 in the future once I cat track down volume 4+5.

i haven't checked it out since it only had a few volumes in jp but Witch Hat is soooo good. i really need to go back to it
"similar HP vibes" really does it a disservice though. there's no weird neolib cop propaganda and racist/antisemitic caricatures y;

7 hours ago, April said:

trans hysteria is on track to cause the UK to implode w them blocking that scottish trans bill lol
i say add as much fuel to the fire as you want theydonothing;
a lot more fun than here where half of politics is like "yea we straight up wanna eradicate trans ppl altogether" and the other half is "cmon can't we compromise"

i haven't checked it out since it only had a few volumes in jp but Witch Hat is soooo good. i really need to go back to it
"similar HP vibes" really does it a disservice though. there's no weird neolib cop propaganda and racist/antisemitic caricatures y;

Vibes is the wrong word. I guess more the premise felt Harry Potter-ish, but not much else.