Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

On 2/23/2023 at 6:01 PM, Laclipsey said:

Power creep hit Tellius hard this time. It took minimal investment to turn Geoffrey into a stat monster. Fully Supported with Legendary Roy running a Bond seal and himself running Atk/Def Form in his A slot and an Atk/Spd Form seal nets him Atk/Spd+27, Spd +20 and Res+7. This man takes on Fallen Edelgard and wins. Too bad cavs can't learn Bonus Doubler.

Most units released after Fallen Edelgard feel like they're made to beat her. Or rather, Fallen Edelgard was made to win against everything that came before the incoming design choice to put follow-up and damage reduction weirdness on almost every unit.

Last night I raised up five new units--including with divine dew--to make a new Pawns of Loki brigade. The trick is to use all beasts or dragons, and to try to have units match each other's classes. As in, my blue beasts are all infantry, green beasts are all cavalry, etc. No matter which red dragon I'm served, it'll be a flier and won't clash with anyone else;s movement type bonuses. It took me so long... that I fell asleep just as the last unit was done and so I missed this month's Pawns of Loki altogether. WELP.

I GOT +10 DUO CHROM!!!!! The last 5 only took 400 orbs! The opposite of my 3-year nightmare with Alfonse & Sharena!!! High-scoring modes will be so much less stressful with his repositioning and Deadeye, and he'll be on the team for many, many years to come.

So I'm gonna go for Ascended Elincia too, just one, because she's been my most-awaited character. I already got Elise & Sakura too, but I'M DOING THE FUN THING. Even if it comes out of orbs for whatever I should be hoarding for next.

• 4 weeks later...

I have hit five consecutive free summons (Takumi, then Midori, then Spring Alfonse my beloved who I once sacrificed for Def Smoke, then Alear, now Monica, and also Rearmed Tana in 6 summons). I've got a reckoning brewing...

AND NOW LEGENDARY YURI, just after Robin, just after Duo Chrom's rerun, just after Duo Askr. He trades instant Glimmers for Null stuff, damage reduction, and so much damage that the Glimmer probably won't matter. Plus CYL Sorin coming up, IS is really milking the gays this year.

• 1 month later...

@Tyranogre

UMMMMMMMM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............

So, like, something is about to happen in Fire Emblem Heroes................ and if you are ready for your wallet to die in literally the most complete way imaginable, like, go ahead and click below. But otherwise, stay far, far away and block out all news about this game for the rest of forever and live in peace with all the Tikis you have collected thus far in your days on this planet. You have been personally warned.

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

@Tyranogre

UMMMMMMMM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............

So, like, something is about to happen in Fire Emblem Heroes................ and if you are ready for your wallet to die in literally the most complete way imaginable, like, go ahead and click below. But otherwise, stay far, far away and block out all news about this game for the rest of forever and live in peace with all the Tikis you have collected thus far in your days on this planet. You have been personally warned.

Hide contents

I know, I saw.

Unfortunately, I deleted my account while I was hospitalized after my surgery because I was afraid of spending real-life money on Orbs while I was going through post-operative delirium.

I’m more than happy with all the fanart this is going to spawn, both wholesome and lewd.

• 2 months later...

!!! 

They got Ricco Fajardo, the voice of Pandreo, to voice... Ferdinand.   

Does this seem very off-putting to anyone? I mean sure, we were expecting alts of him eventually... not sure if it was time yet to do so or just wait another year.   

-------------------------------

Also, Mercedes and Ayla Duo. Why?

---------------------------------- 

At least CYL is next time. Who won again? *checks* 

Ah, yes, two of the best strategists in the series, one of the most hated main protagonists in the series, and Snake Lady and the first FEH original since Veronica to get their own CYL at. Seriously, it's been five years.  

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

The nature of dubbing foreign media is that the availability of voice actors abroad just can't be taken into consideration when creating entertainment. It's fine to feel frustrated that Ferdie's recasting is a remainder that Billy Kametz is no longer with us, but I don't think there's an ethical quandry here. VA dub actors are all aware that the show (or the game in this case) must go on.

And ferdie is here because he basically starts the quest that gives you the tea set. Ferdie is the liaison for this banner, like Rinkah is to flame tribe or Nailah is to Hatari banner.

I love this theme but I've found it so difficult to care about FEH in recent months. Powercreep has reached the point where even high investment can't help the vast majority of units from more than a year or two ago, even i they have exclusive skills. And even as a competitive Yugioh player, I can't force myself to read these new skill descriptions.

There's nowhere left to go when even a support unit like Citrinne hits for over 100 damage while negating dodges.

• 1 month later...

LEGENDARY ELINCIA!!! She finally happened! Although typical of IS, the release feels botched in weird ways. We just got Ascended Elincia a few months ago. Both are based on Elincia's Gambit, the greatest Fire Emblem chapter in history, but the staff version doesn't reflect Physic and this Amiti still doesn't have Amiti's +3 DEF/RES.

Anyway, she turns your entire team into the shamefully underrated Rearmed Tana, everyone zipping around. I LOVE canto teams. I don't even use CYL Eirika at this point, even after her stunning new refine. I'm actually really enjoying Gatekeeper on this team to hold the line as allies retreat and stop the warp shenanigans which are everywhere now. He's still super underwhelming, but his refine is just good enough. I love non-staff healers, for when I want to use another gray unit on a color-balanced team.

My giddiness over Legendary Elincia + Wind Claude + Gatekeeper has had me replaying Legendary challenges so much that I went to Summoner Duels for new content. Added Mark to the team so it's a big ol' wall of NOPE. No BS allowed (except mine). I've cruised to a 92% win rate with that combo.

... So when I look at Anna & Anna, now I just see how they are Timerra are Summoner Duels counters for the new stuff like Gatekeeper and Claude.

EDIT: After using Anna & Anna, they're not as fun as I'd hoped. Her skills are only compatible with armors and melee infantry, and she wants an ally who shares bonus effects (although Rally Spectrum won't give a cooldown boost to Miracle users). So probably a team with a save armor, a dancer, and someone else. Or you can remove Gambit for something else and enjoy her as an instant Galeforcer. But right now, in any mode, I only want complements to my Elincia + Claude + Gatekeeper core!

Edited by Elemental Hero