Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Yeah it's strange that it didn't release. Dragalia lost posted a trailer last night so it's not like Nintendo wasn't posting. My best guess is there was something related to Tsunamis and with the earthquake yesterday causing some areas to have Tsunami warnings they wanted to hold off. Or something was too risque and they had to censor it lol. 

If you follow FeH on Reddit though the banner does appear to have been leaked so if you really want to know it's out there. 

I was kind of annoyed at SS at first, but other people have pointed out that with Atk/Spd Solo already being a thing SS 3 isn't really that offensive. It's one SPD more but requires initiation. Atk/Spd Solo is usually pretty easy to active and can work both phases.  While I still think SS 3 was not something we needed it's not as game breaking as my first impression let on either. On that topic reading about how easy Akt/Spd solo is made me realize I should have used my second L!Eirika on my Summer Camilla since I use her so much. I do have another L!Eirika though that I'm not really doing anything with...

Pretty mixed feeling on this banner. I absolutely love Laegjarn and Gunthra's art. But from a skills perspective, I feel like this one is one of the worst examples of blatant skillcreep being locked to seasonals we've seen. R Duel Infantry, SS 3 and Mirror Impact. If summer units "aesthetic" appeal wasn't enough they've locked a lot of strong stuff to these summer seasonals (at least for now). Also gotta love how Gunthra's skills are all AR. It's already obnoxious that any tools that may make the cancerous tumor of a mode that is AR slightly more bearable are locked behind seasonals, but by her only having those for her A-C skills it makes building her more tedious if you don't play AR or plan to use her for it at least.

However, my biggest gripe on top of all of that is that Laegjarn is another Summer Blue (bladetome) flier. It was already silly when they did it with Camilla (and I'm a Camilla fan) but doing it a third time? When it was leaked people thought that it was a blue dagger, that would have been so much cooler than summer blue mage flier 3.0 and would have made me a lot more Hype for her.

Griping aside, I do like the art for this banner a lot. I've never been shy about the kind of units I like and Laegjarn and Gunthra certainly fit my tastes. I'm debating if I want to spend on them or not at this point because a part of me wants to just save for Summer Camilla merges since I regularly use her. It's kind of beating a dead horse but I still think FeH's biggest problem is the lack of modes that encourage collecting or using lots of units. I look at the summer units who are appealing and that I may like to build but then think "what would I actually use them for?" 

One last note, I can officially say now that my run of "my favorite seasonal is TT unit" is over. The Valentine and Picnic events already left that in a grey area since the free unit and a banner unit were both equally appealing. But I can say Ylgr is my least favorite on the event without even seeing her art or skills. 

Edited by Igneous42

I like how feh ocs are getting their second seasonal banner before jugdral gets even one seasonal unit. theydonothing;

And by like, I mean annoyed and salty af. 

But seriously, between so many new skills being locked to this banner, Helbendi as the lone male, and all OCs when they already made up a plurality of seasonal units this year, this banner just left me salty. 

Edited by Ares

My hopes is Jugdral gets a legendary.

My expectations are are it's a colorless unit (basically because Tibarn wasn't on chill banner, ergo he's on this legendary, ergo there isn't an open red slot between Tibarn, NY twunk, and ryoma), and Elincia might be it. She's one of very few lore friendly flying healers and there shouldn't be a tellius banner anytime soon; give her a prf healing assist and she can get max score in arena for anyone filthy rich enough to whale for her.

Micaiah and Celica could also be colorless, but idk why IntSys would make them colorless except for the sake of it.

It's probably a wind hero, so it's not Corrin.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:55 AM, Ares said:

Ngl

This is probably the worst legendary banner I've ever seen.

Also, jugdral is never getting a legendary, is it? August's hero is green, and it'll be two more until/unless they concoct another bonus effect.

Popping in to agree. Luckily I got Eliwood under 30 orbs.

Same color as Roy. Same color, class, and type as Hrid, with similar stats. The Wind heroes are two archers, two sword cavs, and a mage cav.

Anyway, Legendary Eliwood alone gives +12/12/12/12 to your tank with no positioning requirements. Long-range Bonus Doubler tanking is now possible without a Distant Counter weapon, which makes the actual Bonus Doubler skill mostly irrelevant. Combine with Kaden for +18. If your weapon has DC, you can use a Stance skill or something.

One of the reasons why I've stopped playing FEH competitively is because of Gen 3 powercreep. Gen 2 units were sometimes oppressive, but Gen 3 units are in a whole other universe. Compare this Eliwood to garbage like Legendary Ryoma, Robin, and Lyn.

I at least appreciate Eliwood has a niche as red sword cav supporter, of which only Seth offers competition. He's good support, but that's about it.

This banner is a hard pass for me. I'm about to cross 700 orbs for the first real time (first time was Naga's banner day, and I planned to summon her). Outside of Ayra, and maybe a Deirdre merge and Hector for DC, not really saving for anything in particular. New heroes banners from now until November will be 3H or CYL related and I'm convinced feh will never give a jugdral seasonal. But, just in case they do, I want to have my orb bank ready. If fe4 doesn't get a rep before November, it'll actually be the game in feh that's gone the longest without a rep (current record is Thracia at 408 days).

Okay, for what I think are really great units I got, 

Veronica 

Sutr 

SummerTiki 

LegendaryTiki 

LegendaryAlm 

Duma 

LegendaryRoy +1 

LegendaryHector 

LegendaryEirika 

LegendaryEphraim 

LegendaryIke +3

Tibarn

Reyson

Leanne 

Naesala 

Zelgius +2

FellRobins 

LegendaryLucina 

FellCorrinF 

NYAzura +1

YSAzura 

DancingXander 

I also +10ed 4*s 

Marth 

Ogma 

Roy 

Palla 

Oscar 

Soren

Lucius 

Fae 

Any thoughts and suggestions on who I should use on my team in general?

6 hours ago, XLW said:

Any thoughts and suggestions on who I should use on my team in general?

Rephrase the question. There's no team that works "in general," rather you need different teams for different content.

What content is this for? PvE like chain challenges, hero battles, and the like? Arena? AR offense? Defense? All those modes have different demands.

46 minutes ago, XLW said:

Chain challenges, I guess. Book 1 9-13, all of the other Books, and Paralogues 5-34.

For easy/hard/lunatic story chapters, a team like Tibarn, Surtr, L!Lucina, and Veronica could work. You'd want to get good mage like Reinhardt to replace Lucina.

As for CC, it's largely about counterpicking. Look what units they have and what units you have to counter. The Echoes chapters have a lot of turn limits, so PP centric units like Eir can help there. Like, there isn't a team you can expect to consistently use from chain challenge.

D-dSYT-UcAAz51e.png.49f164919fae4b0568aea02a6e30dc36.png

Place your bets folks. I'm terrible at this but the one on the right looks like it has pointed ears to me so maybe a manakete? Summer Nowi maybe?  Truth be told I hope it's characters that make people happy but I don't personally want. I want to spend orbs on merges for Summer Camilla, the easier it is to pass on this the more I have for that.