Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I'm at AR lift tier 17 and I feel this will be the tier I'll be at for awhile.

Defenses are becoming more difficult with Lazura being the latest powerhouse and unless I get my own defenses in order, I'll probably come up short. So I'll probably focus on just breaking even since although AR is only at most two battles a day, they are extremely stressful battles.

And 32/40 grails isn't awful either; that's at least 62 grails a week and I really hope IS adds more avenues for grails. No, the $75 pack doesn't count.

Ok, so we should be seeing the banner preview for the introduction of beast units that comes on the 10th in about three days.

Aside from Tibarn and Nailah, who else do you hope to see in this banner? Should we expect more beast units, or are they gonna get our feet wet with two beast units and put in two human/beorc units to round it out?

If we are going with the former and could see more beast units in this banner, I would love to see Lethe or Ranulf for Gallia representation and then one of the Serenes Heron royals, my guess would be Rafiel since he already has ties to Nailah, otherwise it'd be Reyson because Leanne isn't too fluent in normal language usage and Reyson also has strong ties to Tibarn.

Otherwise, if we are gonna see two human units to go along with the two beast units, then I think we may finally see Jill added in since she has extreme loyalty to the Laguz. As far as the second human unit, it'd be a toss-up between another Laguz-friendly character like Zihark or a person who thinks little of these "sub-humans" like Shinnon.

Wouldn't the preview be on the 9th?

I'd expect case 1 Jill, Tibarn, and Nailah with Haar as a GHB and Jill as the demote or case 2 where Ranulf, Tibarn, Lethe are on the banner, and Nailah as a GHB and Ranulf as the demote.

Basically, it'll be half beats/half Tellius units we need to get out of the way or go all in in beasts. I don't think we'll get more than one flying beast on the banner proper, and with Nialah and Tibarn confirmed worked from there. I'm also expecting a GHB if we get a free unit, and although neither Haar nor Nailah are bad, they are an enemy at at least one point in the story so can be worked into a GHB like Jamke or Navarre.

33 minutes ago, Arvis said:

I'm curious, for you day one players, how would you compare year 1 to year 2?

I didn't play until year 2, so I can't comment but interested in y'all's perspective.

I made a new account for fun a couple of months ago. From the start it already had units good enough to clear damn near anything.

Compared to FEH's second year, the first year was nothing. And besides, most of the units which the oldest players had been building are far outclassed by now. For context, at launch my best unit was Camilla with 34 ATK. Now everybody gets to start with Brave Lyn, Veronica, Fjorm, Eir, and Legendary Ike.

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I made a new account for fun a couple of months ago. From the start it already had units good enough to clear damn near anything.

Compared to FEH's second year, the first year was nothing. And besides, most of the units which the oldest players had been building are far outclassed by now. For context, at launch my best unit was Camilla with 34 ATK. Now everybody gets to start with Brave Lyn, Veronica, Fjorm, Eir, and Legendary Ike.

I guess meant how positive/negative was your game experience in 2018 compared to 2017, not so much how good the gen 1 units are nowadays.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Curious to see if Ena and Kurthnaga are affected by Dragon-buffing skills.

Probably. I suspect any dragon laguz will be treated like any other manakete since they basically are manaketes.

15 hours ago, Arvis said:

I guess meant how positive/negative was your game experience in 2018 compared to 2017, not so much how good the gen 1 units are nowadays.

Ah. Well, we didn't have free summons in the beginning, there were fewer orbs, fewer events, way fewer feathers. We didn't have all these convenient features like continuous auto, or disabling map animations and enemy-phase music. There were very few Reinhardt/Lyn counters. The first Tempest Trial was a disaster because the bonus units sucked, there were no stat boosts, none of that twice-daily score boosting, and difficulty was through the roof. You did not clear this Tempest Trial--you'd manually play until the last battle, and then surrender. Even worse, those willing to grind hard enough got Quickened Pulse, the only considerable seal for months, which made Reinhardt even stronger.

And merged units would automatically go at the top of the roster screwing up otherwise-sensible orders, so until very recently I did not merge any of my units.

I'm locked in for Tier 19!!!!

My last battle was one of those Spring Breeze Reinhardt death traps. Can't step in without getting hit by him, Lucina, Legendary Robin, and a flying Olivia to check greens. And then a Surtr in the corner because this is Aether Raids.

I thought I was doomed, but finally pulled out my Winter Chrom for a complete victory. He had all +6 from Legendary Azura, so with Wary Fighter (and a little help from Atk Smoke) he was able to survive all 4 opponents and smack Robin with Ignis. Then I used Veronica to finish off Olivia and buff, danced for a heal, and moved Chrom to bash Reinhardt and block Lucina from catching anyone else.

So here are my MVPs for raiding:

• Every team must have Veronica, a bonus unit (I like Eir), and at least one dancer
  • EVERY TEAM NEEDS A MIXED BULK UNIT.
    • I got a whole lot of use out of Inigo with Distant Defense, and Winter Chrom. Wary Fighter is life.
    • Winter Cecilia is probably even better for this.
    • My other account has a Surtr and performs just as well. So if you have Surtr he's basically an instant win on offense, isn't he?
      • Surtr on defense is a joke unless your team sucks.
  • My #1 MVP was Niles on every team. I HIGHLY recommend him, or again you could just go with Winter Cecilia. The point is that they can wall any mage regardless of color.
  • Atk Ploy is useful. 
  • The team I used most was Veronica/Niles/Eir/L-Azura/Inigo. Yes, that team is all ranged, with no melee counterattacks. Never missed 'em.
  • On Spring Breeze Reinhardt death traps, use dancers and such to get to the far, trapless end quickly. Don't go through the gauntlet. Just don't.
  • The dominant defense strategy is choke points, so you're going to fly through those battles by having one unit who's really hard to kill, which is why you should prepare teams with different variants of this Niles/W-Cecilia/W-Chrom/Surtr business.