Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

1 minute ago, Ret said:

Oh.  That's correct. y;  I'm gonna keep Saizo in front just to fuck with people.

I've got Shareena out front so no-one knows I have Lucina in the back. Every arena battle I've been in has had a Tiki or a Kamui or the Chocobo dragon whose name escapes me, so having a dragonslayer along is a big help. 

Also WTH is Takumi so damn good? Archers should not be able to counterattack at close range, that removes the only weakness that balances their crazy stats.

1 minute ago, Mystearica said:

I've got Shareena out front so no-one knows I have Lucina in the back. Every arena battle I've been in has had a Tiki or a Kamui or the Chocobo dragon whose name escapes me, so having a dragonslayer along is a big help. 

Also WTH is Takumi so damn good? Archers should not be able to counterattack at close range, that removes the only weakness that balances their crazy stats.

don't forget he also lowers speed. y;

Just now, Ashblade said:

don't forget he also lowers speed. y;

It's crazy. The only archer in FE history less likable than Shinon and he's fucking powerful as hell. He was that way in Conquest too, if I remember correctly? Had that insane bow with 1-4 range, like what the actual hell. Could the awesome stats and skills not be on a character who isn't a douchebag?

here's my main team so far

5* Chrom   lvl25    39/41/21/21/12

5* Camilla  lvl24    26/32/21/19/22

4* Nowi      lvl24   32/26/15/23/15

5* Takumi   lvl26   31/34/24/22/13

i also have a lvl 20 marth, and arthur and lvl 21 sophia all 4 star oboro and a lvl 21 3* gunter for use as needed.

I finished all the hard difficulty monthly quests and i think it'll be a while before i get my units high enough to do the lunatic ones

Does anyone bother upgrading offensive abilities early on? I don' have a single unit with an upgraded offense ability, it always feels more valuable to upgrade the passives first. On paper the fire ability that Tiki has sounds amazing, but I rarely have an opportunity to use it such that it hits more than one enemy. Don't really see the need to upgrade it as a result.

1 minute ago, Mystearica said:

Does anyone bother upgrading offensive abilities early on? I don' have a single unit with an upgraded offense ability, it always feels more valuable to upgrade the passives first. On paper the fire ability that Tiki has sounds amazing, but I rarely have an opportunity to use it such that it hits more than one enemy. Don't really see the need to upgrade it as a result.

Only one I've invested in is for Niles and that's because he has a Killer Bow for lowering the cooldown for actives.

4 minutes ago, Mystearica said:

I only did that for Luna for my pegasus knight.

Just beat the last part of chapter 9 on normal mode. it was close, im lucky my camilla is so tanky. on a sad note, savage blow doesn't kill other enemies, it'll only take them down to 1 health

i havent upgraded weapons yet either cause ive only been using 4* characters or higher and they are already maxed for their level, i will for my gunter though cause im actually going to promote him to 4*. Most characters passives seem more beneficial and usually cost less than weapons anyway

Edited by KirbyKiller

So I got two 5* takumi's on my first couple of summons. Pretty happy with how broken he is.

Things I learned that the game doesn't tell you:

You can't combine five star units for higher stats. 

Your score in the arena is only counted up to your first 7 win streak. Winning any more than that will only replace your score if it is higher in total than your last 7 win streak, otherwise you're wasting your time/money. That means for maximum rewards, you need to win 7 of the highest difficulty battles in a row.

48 minutes ago, The Professor said:

So I got two 5* takumi's on my first couple of summons. Pretty happy with how broken he is.

Things I learned that the game doesn't tell you:

You can't combine five star units for higher stats. 

Your score in the arena is only counted up to your first 7 win streak. Winning any more than that will only replace your score if it is higher in total than your last 7 win streak, otherwise you're wasting your time/money. That means for maximum rewards, you need to win 7 of the highest difficulty battles in a row.

This is good to know.  Because I've only been doing the middle tiers and not the highest tier.

15 hours ago, Ret said:

Oh geez, it takes 20k Hero Feathers to rank a 4* unit.  I can add that to the list of things I'm not doing.

For what it's worth, merging allies apparently reduces the Hero Feather cost to rank up. Not by a whole lot, but it's worth knowing.