Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I'm F2P BTW.

I've spent Google Play credits on Pokemon Go, but Pokemon Go is also the only mobile game I've seen where the premium currency prices aren't straight-up extortion of vulnerable players.

I'm smart with my summons, don't care at all for many of the characters people go crazy over (Morgan who?), and passionately despise waifus, so I haven't had too much trouble getting the units I want.

I've spent at least $250 on this game. I discovered a while back that I've got a gambling addiction- most of that was in one go. I've disconnected my payment methods and have been clean for a few months. My luck has been VERY bad and I feel the urge to just butt-heads with RNG every now and then. It's a struggle and I will never play another gacha game after I'm done with this. 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not a dime. Tried out Google surveys before but couldn't get to work.

Google Rewards has been finicky lately. Most of the surveys I'd get are "Have you been to this place", "When was it", and "Payment method", and they are GPS-based. They will throw out fake stores as one of the multiple choices to make sure you're not lying as well.

Edited by avalonknight
15 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

I've spent at least $250 on this game. I discovered a while back that I've got a gambling addiction- most of that was in one go. I've disconnected my payment methods and have been clean for a few months. My luck has been VERY bad and I feel the urge to just butt-heads with RNG every now and then. It's a struggle and I will never play another gacha game after I'm done with this. 

:(

I thought you were only addicted to corny jokes. Hoping another relapse doesn't hap-pun soon.

24 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

Google Rewards has been finicky lately. Most of the surveys I'd get are "Have you been to this place", "When was it", and "Payment method", and they are GPS-based. They will throw out fake stores as one of the multiple choices to make sure you're not lying as well.

Dang that's terrible. 

58 minutes ago, Aisha said:

My man. So...uh...how much we talking here? 

Don't worry, I'm not bankrupt. Plus, I pay my bills and make sure I don't go too far. I check to make sure my account never goes too low. Even I have MY limits. I am a conscious consumer.  

I just really like this game, because it's Fire Emblem. Though, I really got winded when new mage Eirika came. I became obsessed, but not to an extreme. I like Eirika! 

When V!Hector came along I knew he wasn't worth that much. Because getting him is 3000% luck. Plus, I know that this game isn't worth spending too much w/, and I have a life outside of this game. I work at a movie theater and do other stuff, and have a hobby at a local theater.  

And I saved my money to get a new iPhone just because of this game. I lost my old one at a McDonalds because I was frantic over these kids who fought over this only working electronic game pad. I mean, there was this one boy who just pushed his sister off his seat just to play a game. WHAT. A. JERK. I have other priorities.   

... But, I do admit a spend a good amount. Not a whole lot to make me crazy. 

Edited by XLW
2 minutes ago, XLW said:

Don't worry, I'm not bankrupt. Plus, I pay my bills and make sure I don't go too far. I check to make sure my account never goes too low. Even I have MY limits. I am a conscious consumer.  

I just really like this game, because it's Fire Emblem. Though, I really got winded when new mage Eirika came. I became obsessed, but not to an extreme. I like Eirika! 

When V!Hector came along I knew he wasn't worth that much. Because getting him is 3000% luck. Plus, I know that this game isn't worth spending too much w/, and I have a life outside of this game. I work at a movie theater and do other stuff, and have a hobby at a local theater.  

And I saved my money to get a new iPhone just because of this game. I lost my old one at a McDonalds because I was frantic over these kids who fought over this only working electronic game pad. I mean, there was this one boy who just pushed his sister off his seat just to play a game. WHAT. A. JERK. I have other priorities.  

Yeah I haven't been in any danger of going bankrupt or anything but I went and added up how much I've spent and instantly entered super depression. So now I try to find people who did the same thing to lighten the pain 

Edited by Aisha
1 hour ago, Aisha said:

Yeah I haven't been in any danger of going bankrupt or anything but I went and added up how much I've spent and instantly entered super depression. So now I try to find people who did the same thing to lighten the pain 

If it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. Once I looked up how much I spent it was a lot more than I expected, but I did it in small enough increments at a time that it never bothered me or felt like I was spending too much. Summer Tiki is maybe the exception as I think I dropped around $60 on that banner alone. Ultimately, what I spent on Fire Emblem Heroes I probably still would have spent on "hobbies" anyways. It's kind of a similar mentality I use in WoW. People like to complain about the subscription price, but realistically one full retail game is 3+ months of game time and it's usually stopping me from buying other games. 

Granted I still spent a bit more in FEH's first year than I'd like to have so I have scaled it back a bit. I've scaled it back by allowing myself only to spend money on seasonal units, and even then only if I really like them or if the character would be the main unit in one of my better teams. I'll also sometimes spend a bit to get rid of a high pity rate on a banner I want a character on but once that pity rate is broken  I'm done regardless if I get the unit I was sniping for or not. 

I pay if i get a high pity rate and want to break it and a few times for units i wanted very badly. The three that come to mind that were the worst were elincia, h-nowi- and winter tharja. My hatred of red orbs is now everlasting.