Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

22 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

What's a good A-Skill for Ninian? The wiki recommends Fury or Triangle Adept, but I don't really want those on a Support unit (especially since none of their recommended builds include Fortify Dragons, aka the main reason I wanted her).

If you're using Ninian primarily for support, something like Fortress Def might be nice (and relatively easy to get); I run that on my Lissa. All of the A skills are basically combat skills, though, so they're not really support-unit-oriented. I actually really do like Triangle Adept on her, though. Like most support characters (Azura not included) her offenses are a bit lacking, so it gives her that extra push against Reds to ORKO/OHKO territory when needed, and she can still buff/dance as necessary.

Even if you're not focusing Ninian as an attacker, I think both skills are good for her for different reasons.

Fury buffs up her stats to be able to take non-lethal hits more easily, plus it works nicely together with Escape Route if you want to run that. Triangle Adept is also good so that it covers her Falchion weakness and better handle red units in general.

If you're really committed to not letting Ninian do any fighting, I'd suggest Triangle Adept, but I agree Fortress Def is another solid option.

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

What's a good A-Skill for Ninian? The wiki recommends Fury or Triangle Adept, but I don't really want those on a Support unit (especially since none of their recommended builds include Fortify Dragons, aka the main reason I wanted her).

Triangle Adept is actually better on weaker units than it is on strong ones. TA will let Ninian tank reds, where otherwise she would be tanking nothing.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

Fury buffs up her stats to be able to take non-lethal hits more easily, plus it works nicely together with Escape Route if you want to run that. Triangle Adept is also good so that it covers her Falchion weakness and better handle red units in general.

Not too keen on slapping Fury on dancers. My Azura actually runs Pavise. Fury on a brittle unit means she'll never survive more than two attacks, whereas my defensive set can tank a red opponent and then survive a hit from a neutral opponent, especially useful when she's Winging it to an injured ally who needs to run away and hide behind her. I should think about Miracle too, after pulling Maria.

As for Escape Route over Wings of Mercy, that runs counter to a dancer's role on the team. Escape Route requires your dancer to engage, which is the #1 thing you don't want your dancer to do. Escape Route is for offense and Anna's axe.

6 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Fury on a brittle unit means she'll never survive more than two attacks

Nobody in this meta is surviving more than two attacks unless you're playing at a really low level I guess. Fury is fine on virtually anybody (except like Celica or Hector or the obvious.)

I have Fury on my Azura, who has become my primary dancer over Ninian since she's better at combat. For short fights (arena, etc), the HP loss doesn't matter in the slightest. For longer fights (Tempest Trials for example), it's kind of annoying, but I always run her with a healer so it's still not too bad. Long fights without a healer are probably the times when it becomes the most annoying. But it's very easy to see why Fury has become so popular; it's a very powerful skill with a drawback that doesn't matter in a lot of situations.

Went to the Sacred Stones banner four times today looking for greens. Three of the four sets had no greens whatsoever. My summons:

4* Peri

5* Tana (+HP/-Def)

4* Camilla

5* Innes (+HP/-Def)

Nice that I pulled those two, but not the best natures imo. I REALLY want Amelia tho, since I dont have a Hector yet. Seth I can give or take, I'd only want him for completion sakes.

Edit: Beat a couple more Chain Challenges so I managed a handful of orbs. Decided to hit the SS banner again, one green. I summon:

5* Amelia! (+Spd/-Def)

Not the most optimal IV spread, but I'll take it! Now if only I could get a couple Hector so I can give her Distant Counter...

Edited by Lt. Surge

Just rolled Amelia! She's +Res -Atk though...

I'm not too sore about it because the banner is up for another week and unless there's a banner coming up with Elise I can't say I particularly care who is on it. If I'm lucky Amelia will be available as a 4* afterwards, but knowing her popularity IS could just toss her in as yet another 5*

Even though I have a lv 40 Robin, he is +Atk/-HP and I rolled a better one which is +Spd/-Res which is ideal. I haven't trained many units to lv 40 but likely to train this one and just merge my max lv one to him plus I had one that was +Res/-Def so he was merged into the superior one. Also had an extra Tharja I merged into the one I have been training cause her IVs were trash. It feels worthless to get so few feathers for getting rid of units of lower ranks so I end up just merging them w/ better ones even if I have no intention of using them.

55 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I envy you so much. That is my dream summon but I've yet to get him.

Ah. Have you tried to summon for something else to see if maybe it'll show up? I've done something similar in Pokemon where I was breeding regular Snorlax and a shiny showed up.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah. Have you tried to summon for something else to see if maybe it'll show up? I've done something similar in Pokemon where I was breeding regular Snorlax and a shiny showed up.

I've rolled two Takumis and a Genny without a single Elise T_T