Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

17 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Previous merges do carry over, so long as the same rarities are involved. If you've got a +3 unit and merge it into a unit without any merges, you'll end up with a +4 unit.

This also means that you don't have to start all the way from scratch if you have a +10 merged unit but later find a fresh one with different IVs you'd rather have. You can drop the +10 unit into the new one and you'll still have all those merges.

sweet

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

Previous merges do carry over, so long as the same rarities are involved. If you've got a +3 unit and merge it into a unit without any merges, you'll end up with a +4 unit.

This also means that you don't have to start all the way from scratch if you have a +10 merged unit but later find a fresh one with different IVs you'd rather have. You can drop the +10 unit into the new one and you'll still have all those merges.

Nice. 

Unfortunately if I were to upgrade a 4-star to 5-star, those merges would still be lost I assume. Would've like to see something like being able to keep half of those merges down the line (like a +10 4-star to a +5 5-star).

3 hours ago, avalonknight said:

Nice. 

Unfortunately if I were to upgrade a 4-star to 5-star, those merges would still be lost I assume. Would've like to see something like being able to keep half of those merges down the line (like a +10 4-star to a +5 5-star).

I don't see promoting with half your merges happening, considering the cost of promoting six units to merge into a 5* +5 being 120,000 feathers, compared to just 20,000 to merge ten 4*s and promote them to a 5* +5.  Best I see happening is promoting to 5* and keeping merges at a cost, maybe a bit less than promoting all the merges individually, but still way up there.  I'd say about +15,000 feathers per merge sounds fair.

I want to start merging my units, but that messes up the sorting because those units get counted as above level 40. So while my box currently has all my sword units together, all my lance units together, etc., after merging I'd have a couple random units out of place at the top.

Is there any custom sorting that still keeps these groups together? Best I can think of is to sort by rarity -> weapon type, but that leaves level 1 units mixed into the groups. Can't think of anything that'd treat merged units as equals without also treating level 1s as equals.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

I want to start merging my units, but that messes up the sorting because those units get counted as above level 40. So while my box currently has all my sword units together, all my lance units together, etc., after merging I'd have a couple random units out of place at the top.

Is there any custom sorting that still keeps these groups together? Best I can think of is to sort by rarity -> weapon type, but that leaves level 1 units mixed into the groups. Can't think of anything that'd treat merged units as equals without also treating level 1s as equals.

I've been looking for something like this, but I can't find it either. Despite all the priority options, I can't see how you're supposed to keep all your highest leveled units up top while also separating them by weapon type. It's odd considering you'd think that kind of sorting would be pretty convenient.

Personally, I usually have it prioritized first by rarity, followed by level, then by rating, and that works for me because I don't mind the weapon types being jumbled, but I do see how having it organized in the way you describe would be useful. If go into my barracks with a mindset like 'I need to see all my best sword units', I should be able to have my units sorted in such a way that I don't need to sift through anything else to see them all, especially if I've trained so many.

Hopefully they can improve the sorting options in the future to fulfill this if they don't already.

13 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I've been looking for something like this, but I can't find it either. Despite all the priority options, I can't see how you're supposed to keep all your highest leveled units up top while also separating them by weapon type. It's odd considering you'd think that kind of sorting would be pretty convenient.

Personally, I usually have it prioritized first by rarity, followed by level, then by rating, and that works for me because I don't mind the weapon types being jumbled, but I do see how having it organized in the way you describe would be useful. If go into my barracks with a mindset like 'I need to see all my best sword units', I should be able to have my units sorted in such a way that I don't need to sift through anything else to see them all, especially if I've trained so many.

Hopefully they can improve the sorting options in the future to fulfill this if they don't already.

Highest level on top, sorted by weapon type is the default if you just sort by level. Regardless of filters, units otherwise equal in sorting order get listed by level, then weapon type. No clue how they're sorted after that, but at that point it doesn't really matter.

A custom sort by rarity and then level keeps 4* merged units from staying at the very top of the list, above 5* unmerged, but then you don't have a wall of 4*s as a color cue to show you where your 5* level 40 options end. So I eventually just killed off my 4* merged unit because I was sick of seeing Clarine's face.

I'd really like an option to ignore merges when sorting. It's not like we need help finding them anyway, with their bright portraits.

7 hours ago, L'Arachel said:

I generally sort mine by rarity to keep all of the weapon types together despite merges, though it does have the downside of mixing in lower-leveled units. I guess it doesn't really bother me, since seeing them mixed in gives me encouragement to train them up someday. >_>

Truly the words of someone who does not own a 5* Sophia.

Curious--what are we all at for items? I have 240 stamina potions and dueling crests, 56 Light's Blessings, 114 universal shards and twice that for universal crystals. Since the summer I've been using these without any discretion, and I'm wondering if anyone else just can't get rid of them.

Also, I want to try using the club feature for FEH--is that like starting a mini board? Is that a good idea? We go through a lot of topics and I like this community more than Reddit's lack of prolonged discussion. Serenes is out there but I don't like the elitism that haunts forums dedicated to single strategy games.

I dont think a group is really necessary, its not like we’re so active that things get drowned out quickly. 

Also 

Spoiler

jtvMEE0.jpg

I dont really have that much. I guess i just ignore quests that dont give orbs usually, and if they get done, they get done. I actually ended up wasting some dueling seals today going for a perfect run because inthought i was in tier 19 this week instead of t20. Oops. 

Huh, strange.  I didn't notice anything in any announcements regarding HM.  I only noticed the cap increase when I noticed that some units of mine with previously-maxed-out HM started earning HM again.

36 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Also, I want to try using the club feature for FEH--is that like starting a mini board? Is that a good idea? We go through a lot of topics and I like this community more than Reddit's lack of prolonged discussion. Serenes is out there but I don't like the elitism that haunts forums dedicated to single strategy games.

Yeah, it's like starting a mini-board, but I doubt it'd see much activity.  At the very least, though, I'd like to have some dedicated space where we can share friend IDs and stuff.

18 minutes ago, Reilly said:

Huh, strange.  I didn't notice anything in any announcements regarding HM.  I only noticed the cap increase when I noticed that some units of mine with previously-maxed-out HM started earning HM again.

was 1/10 news, already on the second page

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Curious--what are we all at for items? I have 240 stamina potions and dueling crests, 56 Light's Blessings, 114 universal shards and twice that for universal crystals. Since the summer I've been using these without any discretion, and I'm wondering if anyone else just can't get rid of them.

I actually considered making a Heroes thread on the Archanean League, but didn’t because I figured it would be redundant.y;

5 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

124 Stamina Pots, 199 Dueling Crests, 33 Light's Blessings, 67,702 Universal Shards, 172,630 Universal Crystals.

I have enough pots that I just generally spend them when I feel like it, though that doesn't happen all too often outside of automating TT or going on a large leveling binge. More or less the same with Crests since I'm more likely to do a full Arena chain at once rather than split it up across the week. Light's Blessings I mostly use for those "no one is allowed to die but you get an orb" quests if it's a bitchy level and I'm feeling lazy. I mostly only use Shards/Crystals for leveling up units to Lv20 for skill inheritance purposes.

For what it's worth, I also don't actively farm these items from quests or whatever either. If I happen to get them by doing my usual stuff, then fine, but the only quests I specifically go out of my way to complete are those that offer Orbs.