Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

28 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

After a night of damage calculations with my +Def Camilla, I've given her Iote's Shield and Gronnraven+ with Deflect Missile 3. With defensive flier buffs (especially passive against Lyn) she's able to counter Lyn and Reinhardt for my flier team.

... Of course, now Camilla and Azura need to be my greens so I can't run Minerva anymore which means no more Goad Fliers unless I can also get NY Camilla... They just keep making optimal Flier Emblem harder to build.

I did Gronnraven+/TA 3 on my Spring Camilla and she doesn't even need Iote's shield to tank B!Lyn and Reinhardt while killing them back or at least doing a big chunk of their health. Though I suppose with Iote's shield I could put something in place on Triangle Adept and have her be a bit less useless against reds. May need to try that later.

What do people think a good B skill for NY!Camilla would be if I give her Slaying Edge+ and swift sparrow 2? She's +Def/-Atk so I'm probably going to do Slaying Edge+ +atk to help make up for the bane a little bit. I have access to desperation 3 but don't know how I feel about a skill that relies on <75%.

Also forgot to add I have a Wo Dao+ or a Firesweep Sword+ that I could give her too. I'm not a fan of firesweep weapons myself but if anyone has opinions on those vs Slaying edge I'd be curious to hear it. 

Edited by Igneous42
1 hour ago, Igneous42 said:

I did Gronnraven+/TA 3 on my Spring Camilla and she doesn't even need Iote's shield to tank B!Lyn and Reinhardt while killing them back or at least doing a big chunk of their health. Though I suppose with Iote's shield I could put something in place on Triangle Adept and have her be a bit less useless against reds. May need to try that later.

What do people think a good B skill for NY!Camilla would be if I give her Slaying Edge+ and swift sparrow 2? She's +Def/-Atk so I'm probably going to do Slaying Edge+ +atk to help make up for the bane a little bit. I have access to desperation 3 but don't know how I feel about a skill that relies on <75%.

Also forgot to add I have a Wo Dao+ or a Firesweep Sword+ that I could give her too. I'm not a fan of firesweep weapons myself but if anyone has opinions on those vs Slaying edge I'd be curious to hear it. 

I did a write-up on this earlier--put Triangle Adept on her and you may as well surrender if your opponent has Cancel Affinity. It's not necessary with a specialized set and Quick Riposte, which is already a great skill on her.

The finishing touch is Blazing Wind, which I think is one of the best specials out there now--1.5x attack to your target and all of their adjacent allies. You're almost guaranteed a kill if you can inflict just a tiny bit of battle damage. So without TA, Camilla is able to one-shot even a red opponent after she counters Lyn/Rein.

For your sword Camilla, that strikes me as a very workable nature. If I get her I want to capitalize on Atk/Def Bond and give her a defensive refinery boost. I think it'd be cool if you had her survive a battle, counter and kill on counter (maybe with Bonfire + Quickened Pulse?), triggering Desperation 3 to activate with Swift Sparrow to lead into another kill on your phase.

That's good advice on both counts. I was thinking about ditching TA anyways because it makes her so useless against red. But now I'm questioning if I should give Spring Camilla Swift Sparrow instead (since something will have to replace her A slot). Alternatively, I also have Fury on Spring Camilla but I'm kind of over the fury because of the chip damage. It's not bad for arena but it hurts in any mode that requires back to back battles (or longish single battles. Then I could build Sword Camilla keeping her Spd/Def bond and focusing in on her defenses. Problem is if I do that I feel like both kind of want Quick Riposte and I only (sort of) have on at the moment and I'm not even sure I want to burn Deirdre for that. I'm not using her right now but I didn't bother to level her to 40 and she is a nice anti-dragon unit if I ever need it. 

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

I did a write-up on this earlier--put Triangle Adept on her and you may as well surrender if your opponent has Cancel Affinity. It's not necessary with a specialized set and Quick Riposte, which is already a great skill on her.

The finishing touch is Blazing Wind, which I think is one of the best specials out there now--1.5x attack to your target and all of their adjacent allies. You're almost guaranteed a kill if you can inflict just a tiny bit of battle damage. So without TA, Camilla is able to one-shot even a red opponent after she counters Lyn/Rein.

For your sword Camilla, that strikes me as a very workable nature. If I get her I want to capitalize on Atk/Def Bond and give her a defensive refinery boost. I think it'd be cool if you had her survive a battle, counter and kill on counter (maybe with Bonfire + Quickened Pulse?), triggering Desperation 3 to activate with Swift Sparrow to lead into another kill on your phase.

doesn't spring camilla die to reinhardt if she doesnt have TA? also we now have iotes shield as a seal, so that argument about CA may no longer be valid.

40 minutes ago, Gold said:

-Spd +Def NY Azura

*CRIES*

Also, which is better, merging units or saving them for skills?

Depends on the unit and the skill.

Takumi, for example, is mostly outclassed by Bridelia, so unless you were unable to get her, you'd only want Takumi for the sake of passing down Close Counter.

Hector, on the other hand, is a great unit in his own right in addition to having Distant Counter, so you'd want to merge him.

29 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Depends on the unit and the skill.

Takumi, for example, is mostly outclassed by Bridelia, so unless you were unable to get her, you'd only want Takumi for the sake of passing down Close Counter.

Hector, on the other hand, is a great unit in his own right in addition to having Distant Counter, so you'd want to merge him.

Young Tiki, I have an optimal iv spread, have spares of her. GHB heroes, Erika, Tharja, ect. Really just trying to optimize and create extra teams and barracks space.

B-0ZaS0WsAEuAOA.jpg

FIRE EMBLEM IS SAVED!!! So glad to see a waifu Thotja eat dirt! Chrom barely lost, even though he was struggling to keep up with multipliers active. We're getting another female victor, but at least it'll be two of this game's very rare non-sexualized women.

@Igneous42 Swift Sparrow is useless on Spring Camilla because she's slow and reliant on enemy phase tactics.

@InXplotch With the Deflect Missile seal she can survive Reinhardt even at full power with Moonbow. Though against Cancel Affinity, even with Iote's Shield on seal she's still toast against both Rein and Lyn. Or at the very best she won't be able to kill on counter. And if a unit can't kill those two, then they aren't really a check.

I finally managed to beat the Paralogue 9/10, 11/12, and 13/14 Chain Challenges on Lunatic. My second team varied a little bit each time, but the constant team throughout was my Armor Emblem of +1 Black Knight/+1 Effie/Hector/+5 Amelia. Gave Amelia/BK Renewal 3 and Effie/Hector the Sol special.

11 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

@InXplotch With the Deflect Missile seal she can survive Reinhardt even at full power with Moonbow. Though against Cancel Affinity, even with Iote's Shield on seal she's still toast against both Rein and Lyn. Or at the very best she won't be able to kill on counter. And if a unit can't kill those two, then they aren't really a check.

Wait, what scenario are you even basing this all on. because in the calcs I've run, taking a neutral spring camilla with TA, Raven, and iotes shield SS effectively deals with almost everything pretty well, except for cancel affinity reinhardt which I'm fairly sure is much more uncommon than CA blyn.

50 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

Wait, what scenario are you even basing this all on. because in the calcs I've run, taking a neutral spring camilla with TA, Raven, and iotes shield SS effectively deals with almost everything pretty well, except for cancel affinity reinhardt which I'm fairly sure is much more uncommon than CA blyn.

*Deflect Magic I meant to say

I use the damage calculator on Kagero Chart. TA Camilla gets wrecked by CA Rein and CA Lyn. The TA build also OHKOs those units, which means fighting Lyn will leave you with just 3 special charges instead of 4, with no considerable difference in surviving HP. And that 4th charge could be getting you the Blazing Wind combo, guaranteeing a second KO against nearly any problem unit.

You have very little to gain from TA, and a whole lot to lose. You shouldn't half-ass such an important counter if you'll be forced to surrender against certain sets.