Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I haven't gotten a unit I've wanted in months- after repeatedly hitting 4-5% on some of these banners and am sitting on about 80k feathers just waiting for something to beef up. Considering the fact that some people have even worse luck than I have had recently I can't imagine how they motivate themselves to keep playing when it won't throw them a bone. Some sort of overarching pity rate that factored in how long since your last 5*/focus unit would probably help against hitting that "why bother" phase. I guess it doesn't help that so many units are flooding the 5* pool making the 4* and 3* selections so very repetitive. I really hope they restructure that with the new year and demote/promote certain units.

Now that I’ve got Sigurd as the third member of my Horse Emblem team (after Reinhardt and Brave Lyn), I’ve got a couple different options for the fourth:

*Frederick/Cecilia/Titania: Full color coverage. I already have a +4 merged Frederick, a +1 Cecilia, and two Titanias (all 4-stars), and all three of them should be fairly common while pulling for a green Focus unit. Or I could promote one of my Titanias since I haven’t merged them yet.

*Camus/Berkut: Camus is better on his own, but I managed to snag a few extra Berkuts from this season’s GHB, so there’s the option of merging them somewhere down the road. However, I already have Reinhardt for Blue.

*Priscilla: I have a 5-star and two 4-stars laying around. But then again, >merging a healer

*Xander (both bunny and vanilla): Both of which would offer redundant coverage from Reinhardt and Sigurd.

*Seth/Mathilda: I drew several copies of these two while rolling for red and blue focus units, so could possibly merge them. But like Xander, they offer redundant color coverage.

*ohyou;: Drew a 5-star of him while rolling for Sigurd, who outclasses him in every way, shape, and form.

*Ursula: Tiddies.

7 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Now that I’ve got Sigurd as the third member of my Horse Emblem team (after Reinhardt and Brave Lyn), I’ve got a couple different options for the fourth:

I'd definitely recommend throwing a green in there. Definitely a tossup between Frederick and Cecilia.

You already have two physical attackers on your team but Sigurd isn't exactly a nuke nor quite as tanky as Xander. Cecilia is a fairly beefy horse mage who can dish out quite a bit of damage with buffs, but really *does* require those buffs to shine. If your buffers die she's easy pickin. Also Lyn and Sigurd are built to eat magic attacks but Sigurd won't be counter attacking any time soon; mages will be two spaces away and he might have taken the space Cecilia or BowLyn might need. This is why I recommend Frederick. I'm jealous you've already hit +4 on your Freddy- if I had more Freds I'd gladly toss my 80k feathers at them. My Fred is built to tank physical blows while nuking on offense.

Screenshot_20171212-084025.png

Apparently they recently changed Chain Challenges to now award your units with HM even if you've already cleared the challenge. This should make HM farming a bit more convenient when Tempest Trials aren't ongoing, especially if you can effortlessly clear them on auto-battle and have stamina to spare.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

Apparently they recently changed Chain Challenges to now award your units with HM even if you've already cleared the challenge. This should make HM farming a bit more convenient when Tempest Trials aren't ongoing, especially if you can effortlessly clear them on auto-battle and have stamina to spare.

do they give full SP as well?

2 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

do they give full SP as well?

Nope, that's still the same as far as I've read about it. If you want a Chain Challenge open to farm for SP, you still shouldn't complete it. It seems like it's only with HM they no longer cut back on now.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

HM? I thought this was Fire Emblem, not Pokemon. 

... No, seriously, I don't know. 

Just now, XLW said:

HM? I thought this was Fire Emblem, not Pokemon. 

... No, seriously, I don't know. 

Hero Merit, which is a currency that builds up for every unit when you complete a map. When a hero gains 500 HM, they'll have a special floaty-feather animation on the home screen and give you 500 Hero Feathers. Each hero can get up to 3,000 HM.

I somehow got super lucky with a summoning session today after beating all of the Dev maps. On a 3.5% 5* rate, I managed both Lyn and Ephraim in one session on the Weapon Refinery banner. Both units were ones I had not acquired yet, so I am glad to see this banner was good to me in the end.