Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

46 minutes ago, Gold said:

Is farming Chain Challenges while increasing Hero Merit the best way to farm feathers?

Basically yeah, but I honestly don't think it's worth it because it takes way too much effort for paltry amounts. I think you're better off just participating in the Arena/Voting Gauntlet/Tempest Trials as they come and send home any units you don't need to maintain a steady income.

49 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Basically yeah, but I honestly don't think it's worth it because it takes way too much effort for paltry amounts. I think you're better off just participating in the Arena/Voting Gauntlet/Tempest Trials as they come and send home any units you don't need to maintain a steady income.

I dunno. If you haven't beaten them already, that's a nice chunk of feathers.

Tempest trial grinding is generally the best way to get feathers, but chain challenge 1+2 or 3+4 without completing them is about as good.

Also being able to run ayra lets me score the highest score ive gotten so far, breaking 4900 with minimal effort. too bad I dropped to 18 this week so it's hardly important. But between ayra and fjorm's boosted bst, I might be able to start forming a team that can actually sit in rank 20 when I get back to it.

War story time?

I FINALLY beat the 10-11 Chain Challenge! After having Ike and Veronica stare at me for months, It's over--and I cleared all 10 stages with a single team! All units I've discussed before--Elise with Wrathful Dazzling Gravity+, Performing Azura, LnD Celica with Reposition, and Cordelia with LnD, Hit and Run, Guidance 3, Draw Back and Gale Force (the most mobility you can achieve with any unit, and boy did I need it!).

Spoiler

When it comes to Level 40+ enemies, the only effective strategies are glass cannons and TA walls. Celica and Cordelia were extra powerful for their ability to take a hit, retreat with one of the three positioning allies, and get healed by Elise. And unsurprisingly, Elise's AoE Gravity+ could totally shut down groups of enemies.

For the bridge level with Titania and Mist, for example, I kept having Elise stun the enemies while either Celica or Cordelia one-rounded an enemy and the other (plus Azura) repositioned Elise and the attacker.

My last tip is that it can be useful to take back routes around the stage--those spaces you can't imagine any Arena battle straying near. Veronica's battle with the pillars has a Wings of Mercy sword that kept getting Celica after she'd lure in Veronica but fail to kill a troubadour.

If anyone's got a Cordelia in the barracks, upgrade her and your Guidance seal ASAP, and feed her Hit and Run.

edit: SERIOUSLY. I just took this same team through my final Chain Challenge, and the most difficult one--we cleared The Mountain of Mages, The Mountain of Splitting Your Team in Half, AND Delthea's Fortress. Although this one team "only" cleared eight of the ten stages before succumbing to Leon and Sonya's Dungeon of Death. Though to be fair, nothing in the entire series canon is capable of clearing that stage. The next two teams just had to clean up that and two other stages, so the rest was easy.

I'd been ramming my head against the SoV Chain Challenge more times than I can count, but these unending movement shenanigans shredded it. Imagine Celica moving three spaces to throw another unit two spaces onto a cliff, then that unit moving two spaces, one-rounding an enemy, moving one space, Galeforcing to another ORKO, and moving one MORE space with another battle. That's 11 spaces covered with just two units, and you haven't even touched your Dancer or your mounted mage who will take four more spaces out of the opposing team's movement.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I got a 5* Luke with my free orbs going for Soleil. These 5* pools for all colors need to be looked at and adjusted, because there are several units that really dont deserve to be in the 5* pool anymore. The current 5* pools are making it outrageously frustrating to go for 5* units that are good as opposed to 5* units that are very meh in comparison.

In the Reds alone, I'd drop Athena, Ogma, Cain, Karel, Gray, Caeda, Saber, Seth, Luke, Tharja, Katarina, Lilina, and potentially Mia down to 4* only because they aren't important enough characters to warrant the need to be 4*-5* units.

Edited by Surge135
17 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I got a 5* Luke with my free orbs going for Soleil. These 5* pools for all colors need to be looked at and adjusted, because there are several units that really dont deserve to be in the 5* pool anymore. The current 5* pools are making it outrageously frustrating to go for 5* units that are good as opposed to 5* units that are very meh in comparison.

In the Reds alone, I'd drop Athena, Ogma, Cain, Karel, Gray, Caeda, Saber, Seth, Luke, Tharja, Katarina, Lilina, and potentially Mia down to 4* only because they aren't important enough characters to warrant the need to be 4*-5* units.

No way Mia should go down, I can see many of the rest (particularly Ogma/Cain/Shiida/Tharja/Lilina) being permanently demoted though.

15 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

How can I tell whose units I’ve been paired with in the gauntlet?

I’m assuming that I‘ve been getting @Chrom‘s Chrom because he has the same Wombo Chrombo build that he showed off a few pages back, but I don’t think it actually says so in-game...

As far as I know just by guessing. You should be getting my Brave Ike 

9 minutes ago, Reilly said:

But is it the first member of your first team?  That's the unit that assists other players in their gauntlet fights.

Ah no, I mean my Chrom was never using the particular build Ty refers to, so it can't be mine unless there's a misunderstanding somewhere.

My Wombo Chrombo build is one that involves giving him Brave Sword, Death Blow, Desperation, and Brash Assault as his Sacred Seal, but more recently I've been having him run a build in which he has a Speed refined Slaying Edge and other skills to help optimize his Speed stat.