Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

4 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'd actually be pleased to get a Spring Xander since I'd still like to get his Live for Honor skill.

I'd have preferred Spring Camilla or another Fjorm/Blessing, but that skill and the fact he is a limited time unit is a very nice consolation prize.

Still pissed that for 150 orbs I only got three 5* and one was from the free pull.

Edited by Gold

I can't take anyone seriously when they say Live for Honor is a worthwhile skill. You have to try really, really hard to run out of badges, and when you do, you also have to try really hard to not get everything you need in one run.

Same goes for any of the experience-boosting skills. They only save you a tiny amount of the grinding you should be doing anyway.

7 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I can't take anyone seriously when they say Live for Honor is a worthwhile skill. You have to try really, really hard to run out of badges, and when you do, you also have to try really hard to not get everything you need in one run.

Same goes for any of the experience-boosting skills. They only save you a tiny amount of the grinding you should be doing anyway.

If you had to craft all your seals your badges disappear pretty quick if you are at least somewhat casual

Elise is absolutely S-tier with Wrathful Dazzling Gravity+.

If you have a single ally with a repositioning or dancing skill, you can kite multiple enemies indefinitely. If you kill one of the enemies (which you normally will after a second hit), you don't even need to reposition her. Same as if you attack over an obstacle. She traps two enemies all by herself. If your Elise is +Speed, combine her with Hone Speed or a horse buff and you'll even double.

And on top of that, she has 3 movement, 2 range, and can use her turn to heal any ally for 35 HP. And she has enough defenses to take a hit from most physical units (or at least mine is, being -S/+D). This is a healer who kills Black Knights with Vantage without taking any damage.

I'm currently running by far the best team I've ever fielded in this game: Elise, Inigo, Niles and Ike. Inigo is another one I've rambled on about for being one of the most potent and versatile units in the game. Draw Back on Niles, Reposition on Ike. Only Hit and Run/Galeforce Cordelia with Guidance 3 could give more movement shenanigans, but I'm using Swordbreaker Ike instead so the team can handle all four colors despite running two colorless units. (Ike won't be able to wall red mages, but Niles sure can).

I've rounded the team out with a different Hone on each unit. The trick is to give your unit the Hone they don't need and their allies do: Elise has Speed, Inigo has Attack, and Ike and Niles have Resistance and Defense to cover each other.

Oh hey, I finally got one of those mage fliers. Playboy(girl? how does this work) Camilla. -S/+D. So that'll put her at 22 speed and 33 defense which is... real lousy.

I'm sure there's probably some way to make this ideal, with Gronnraven. Wouldn't even need Iote's Shield to survive a hit from a high-powered archer. Walls them decently with Triangle Adept but will get shredded against Cancel Affinity, so scratch that. Needs defense buffs to survive Brave Bow Cordelia's first attack, and an attack buff to survive by OHKO counterattack if Cordelia retains her base HP and Res. But then, if TA is too risky and Fury is bad for walls, then there isn't much better to give her than Iote's Shield.

For team comp, this is still no good against red and green mages. So for balance I'd want a red mage wall... which means Camilla's best partner is Caeda. But seriously fuck Caeda I'd rather strain the team by picking Clair. I already have Ruby Sword Palla who can check the greens.

As usual Gamepress isn't very helpful here. It's usually because their builds are baaaaad (seriously, their new Elise writeup calls her unusable outside of horse emblem), but today it's because they haven't updated her since release. And there's also a laughably bad build for her using Reciprocal Aid and Green Egg for healing. Green Egg gives 4 HP on initiation. It ain't healing. Oh, and that build also has Fury so her HP only ever goes down regardless.

3 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Oh hey, I finally got one of those mage fliers. Playboy(girl? how does this work) Camilla. -S/+D. So that'll put her at 22 speed and 33 defense which is... real lousy.

I'm sure there's probably some way to make this ideal, with Gronnraven. Wouldn't even need Iote's Shield to survive a hit from a high-powered archer. Walls them decently with Triangle Adept but will get shredded against Cancel Affinity, so scratch that. Needs defense buffs to survive Brave Bow Cordelia's first attack, and an attack buff to survive by OHKO counterattack if Cordelia retains her base HP and Res. But then, if TA is too risky and Fury is bad for walls, then there isn't much better to give her than Iote's Shield.

For team comp, this is still no good against red and green mages. So for balance I'd want a red mage wall... which means Camilla's best partner is Caeda. But seriously fuck Caeda I'd rather strain the team by picking Clair. I already have Ruby Sword Palla who can check the greens.

As usual Gamepress isn't very helpful here. It's usually because their builds are baaaaad (seriously, their new Elise writeup calls her unusable outside of horse emblem), but today it's because they haven't updated her since release. And there's also a laughably bad build for her using Reciprocal Aid and Green Egg for healing. Green Egg gives 4 HP on initiation. It ain't healing. Oh, and that build also has Fury so her HP only ever goes down regardless.

Spring camilla's only real builds are gronraven TA, with a focus on one shotting regular blyn or beating reins (just barely) or using a bladetome build to just nuke enemies in one shot. The only red fliers worth using are palla and elincia, honestly, though halloween nowi is alright. If you are ever faced with a BB blyn with CA as a flier team though, you just gotaa accept the hard  counter

Also as for manketes, I dont think many of them actually want distant defense. you can probably do more with them wielding TA or fury 3, or, if you ever get a spare bike, steady breath. Now, DD is valuable fodder so it really depends on what yu want to build. 

2 hours ago, InXplotch said:

If you are ever faced with a BB blyn with CA as a flier team though, you just gotaa accept the hard  counter

No, you really don't. Not if you're using Iote's Shield instead of TA. TA isn't adding anything significant to archer matchups in comparison, and only puts your counter at risk of totally backfiring. Combine with flier buffs and you can still survive and OHKO this Lyn (even if she's boosted), or survive and eventually kill with Quick Riposte. If you don't have those flier buffs... then you aren't playing flier emblem and either aren't using Camilla or don't need her so desperately to counter archers.

The most difficult situation for Camilla vs Lyn would be if Lyn is using Mulagir and has retained her base HP and Res--otherwise Camilla can one-shot her with Goad Fliers active. QR still wins this matchup in any situation.

I don't mean to imply that Triangle Adept will never be a consistent choice on Raven users (because I do madly love my Inigo), but in Camilla's case you know the team is screwed without her. You need to make her archer matchups as ideal and consistent as possible. Anyway, I feel like I'm writing for Smogon here. "This Spring Camilla has 176 IVs in perpendicular defense, in case she is ever put against a tickle-me-pink Brave Lyn on turn 45 during water season under Trick Room within five minutes after you make eye contact with the cutie across the bar while Mercury is in retrograde."

edit: Ran more calculations for Reinhardt. Distant Defense is a nice seal, but it won't save her from horse buffs. You'd need TA... or Deflect Magic! Deflect Magic takes him out and you can also charge up a nice special. So if you run Spring Camilla with Gronnraven+, Iote's Shield and Deflect Magic, she successfully counters both Brave Lyn and Reinhardt.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Spring cam with raven, ta, and i believe either deflect or dd does the same thing, with the added benifit of her getting to kill more tankier blues. Iotes shield is a wasteful skill, its not very good as its purely defensive and there are so many better A slot skills. Also brave lyn’s bow negates flier and horse buffs. Things like hone calv do not help the matchup. 

2 hours ago, InXplotch said:

Spring cam with raven, ta, and i believe either deflect or dd does the same thing, with the added benifit of her getting to kill more tankier blues. Iotes shield is a wasteful skill, its not very good as its purely defensive and there are so many better A slot skills. Also brave lyn’s bow negates flier and horse buffs. Things like hone calv do not help the matchup. 

I did account for Mulagir in my calculations. And like I stated, Iote's Shield is only slightly weaker than TA in archer matchups, but unlike TA, it doesn't come with a chance of completely screwing over your entire team. As for Iote's Shield not boosting her attack, that doesn't matter when Camilla still scores OHKOs with Goad Fliers (not a visible buff to be negated by Mulagir), and will always 2HKO in retaliation if given Quick Riposte, which is a great skill for her anyway.

Lastly, as for TA giving her the extra strength to beat tankier blues: if they're mages, you already bait and kill them with QR. If they're melee, you OHKO them with a magical soak under 55 (or 60 with Goad Fliers, not super unrealistic), and if you don't OHKO them, then you're walling them with up to 43 defense at advantage. Your other fliers can reposition themselves away like crazy, as if blue is even a threatening color against flier teams.

As for Distant Defense, that's an incredibly rare A skill already available as a seal. Only a crazy whale is going to waste that for minimal gains at best on a niche unit, and you'd still have to combine DD with another defensive skill to win the key matchups.

My icing on the cake will be a Blazing special. After any round of combat in which Camilla doesn't OHKO or is attacked by a doubling weapon, she'll be able to take out another opposing unit (and damage others) as long as she can inflict at least a tiny bit of damage. The key here is that without TA Camilla becomes able to reliably kill reds. (I want to use an AoE special so her special won't trigger on an unnecessary attack, as she doesn't need a special to win her matchups, will win them at several different points in terms of cooldown, and Blazing specials will consistently deal more damage than Ignis.)

... And this probably concludes more analysis on Spring Camilla than anyone ever asked for, all so I could find a way to not feel bad about seemingly suboptimal IVs.

Edited by Destiny Hero

It cost me a €24 Orb pack, but I finally nabbed myself a Bridelia. She's -Atk, but I'm still very happy with the pull. flower;

I also somehow managed to nab a Rhajat with my free roll on the Gauntlet banners. Also -Atk. I wasn't actually planning on going for any of the Fates kids, though, so I'll definitely take it as a bonus unit for next Arena season if nothing else.