Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Just now, fuzz said:

Wait, that's amazing! I hadn't gone back to the training tower yet since restarting, because I was just using all my stamina on main story maps, so I didn't even know that was an option!  

Yup, that's a great new feature they added a while back. Really convenient for grinding or trying to knock out specific quests like yours.

I get Siegbert and Shiro for the kids but why Rhajat and Soliel? I know both are pretty popular but was hoping for more unique children characters (or at least Ophelia). Especially since Tharja is seemingly getting a Christmas outfit (based on last years datamine which may or may not be reliable still). 

Went ahead and spent all the orbs saved from story missions since restarting, and I'm happy! It was a bit underwhelming considering it was 300 orbs lol, so it would have been awesome to snag a few more 5*, but I got almost all the units I wanted so I'm satisfied. Ike, 2x Celica, Hector, Deirdre, and Spring Camilla. I think this reassured the fact that I'm definitely not interested in spending money in orbs, lol.

Edited by fuzz

After a bunch of simulations, I decided that starting with pulling just Green and Colorless was best for me (for Deirdre and Bride!Cordelia respectively), with the plan that I would swap out one of those colours for Red (for Ayra) as soon as I got one of the two units I was looking for. Overall ended up being a pretty good plan.

First 5★ was Hector followed by my first Genny, then finally a Deirdre! I swapped from Green to Red then, snagging another Genny and another Celica. The Celica is +Atk/-Res, so I think I'll merge my other one (I think it's +Def/-Res or something similar) into this one. After a lot of nothing, I got an Ayra, so I swapped to just Colorless. Sadly, the game has been very stingy at giving me Colorless, so that was the end of my exciting 200 Orb journey.

For now. Going to beat the Story Mode maps and then dive back into Colorless hell. matty;

Still, though, very happy with my pulls! I got 2 of the 3 characters I wanted most so far, as well as some other useful stuff. flower; In non-5★ exciting news, I also got a +Spd/-HP Olivia so I can make my merged Wo Dao Olivia dream a reality!

59 minutes ago, Gold said:

Should I be trying for more Fjorm in this banner or...? Like, my free pull was Bride Caeda, and I already have Bride Cordelia, Brave Lyn, Ike, and Celica.

You get Fjorm by playing the new story chapters. 

When upgrading weapons, how do you know what you want? For example, My Fae build would benefit the most from Atk or Res as those are her boons, so do I go for the harder hitting weapon, or the slightly weaker one for a boost in Res?

And so on and so forth. How do you know which upgrade is the best for your unit?

1 hour ago, Gold said:

When upgrading weapons, how do you know what you want? For example, My Fae build would benefit the most from Atk or Res as those are her boons, so do I go for the harder hitting weapon, or the slightly weaker one for a boost in Res?

And so on and so forth. How do you know which upgrade is the best for your unit?

The meta currently favors units that are good on player phase, with a few exceptions, so anything that will allow you to one round KO someone is generally the better option. You can also check out this Gamepress  when they update characters for new builds and such. They'll have several builds for each character and will always explain the reasons behind the build so you can take that advice and use it with how you like to play to build your characters how you like them. 

I would wait a little bit before upgrading weapons just to see if the meta still persists with the good player phase play or if we start seeing more enemy phase characters favored. 

11 minutes ago, K said:

The meta currently favors units that are good on player phase, with a few exceptions, so anything that will allow you to one round KO someone is generally the better option. You can also check out this Gamepress  when they update characters for new builds and such. They'll have several builds for each character and will always explain the reasons behind the build so you can take that advice and use it with how you like to play to build your characters how you like them. 

I would wait a little bit before upgrading weapons just to see if the meta still persists with the good player phase play or if we start seeing more enemy phase characters favored. 

Yeah, I use Gamepress for all my builds. Totally was out of the loop regarding what the meta is though, seeing as I only sometimes look at this thread and nothing else for FEH discussions.

Definitely waiting on weapons, just wanted to start planning ahead on potential team comps.