Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Oh. Well. Never mind, then. That's weird.

We've never gotten this many units in one update. IS is on track to burn this game out real fast now that they're all also trying to match CYL's strength. Everyone thought CYL would be a one-time powercreep for fan favorites, but they were just the beginning of a new metagame that phases out the vast majority of previously released units. I'm trying to stay positive because the new meta looks to be a more defensive game, and may be balanced overall in the long run, but it sucks for a game built on character, and it sucks big time when the summon pool balance continues to worsen exponentially.

The new FE Heroes just won't be very fun when it's starring a C-cast you'll almost never summon off-focus.

I beat all three Arvis stages on my first try! First time I've been able to beat a new Infernal challenge. I used TA Inigo, LnD/Moonbow Celica, Hit and Run/LnD Cordelia, and Bow Lyn to take out all the reinforcements. For these challenges it's crucial to min/max your units, score ORKOs without getting counterattacked, and kite around the arena. Notably I did this without Breaker or teleporting skills, a defensive unit, or a healer.

I was also able to beat the Maria & Minerva battle with Cordelia and a dancer, plus Lyn and Xander.

There's something funny about the fact that they did this with Ayra of all people since the nature of her character and the origin of her own name come off of anger.

People are in the right to be upset though. I do believe Intsys will probably see it and try to address it somehow, so I'm interested in seeing how they'll follow up on it.

Just now, Chrom said:

There's something funny about the fact that they did this with Ayra of all people since the nature of her character and the origin of her own name come off of anger.

People are in the right to be upset though. I do believe Intsys will probably see it and try to address it somehow, so I'm interested in seeing how they'll follow up on it.

The rumor is she will be given out as a 4 star because she had 4 and 5 star stats, but at this point I dont believe they’ll do anything. 

Normally I'd agree but I've figured since they do seem to care a lot about fan feedback they may try to step back and reconsider what they're trying to pull here. Here's hoping the game will head in a better direction than where it's currently going.

33 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Normally I'd agree but I've figured since they do seem to care a lot about fan feedback they may try to step back and reconsider what they're trying to pull here. Here's hoping the game will head in a better direction than where it's currently going.

Are people angry because Sigurd was a trap and they blew all their orbs on day 1?

Because they really shouldn't be surprised. Almost every focus for the past four months has been a trap. It's become a way of life(/powercreep).

5 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Are people angry because Sigurd was a trap and they blew all their orbs on day 1?

Because they really shouldn't be surprised. Almost every focus for the past four months has been a trap. It's become a way of life(/powercreep).

No, people are angry that they broke trend. Ayra was released as a banner unit without warning, and was released in a banner with old units. Every other new unit has been either part of a banner with other new units, and given a preview video, or handed out as an event reward. Ayra, on the other hand, just showed up as a summonable unit in a trash banner which is unlike anything we’ve had so far. 

The way ayra was revealed was consistent with all other ghb and tt units before, usually showing up on a map or something

Just checked the Reddit's FEH forum and yeah, I get why people would be upset, but this is ridiculous. IS didn't make anyone spend all of their orbs on Sigurd before waiting to see the next offer--and if anyone did, they probably already got their new overpowered sword unit. Neither did IS make anyone spend literal thousands of dollars on a fucking mobile game--but shame on me for expecting those whales to behave logically.

From everyone's reactions, you'd think WW3 just broke out with a rain of nukes. By all means, complain about Ayra's blatant powercreep. But don't throw a fit because your impulsive ass's predictions didn't come true. You'll get 40 orbs back from the Tempest Trial. And even if you don't summon Ayra from them, I guarantee you've got at least five other OP red units to put on your team anyway.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Yeah nah you're wrong I reckon, this is a super suss move by all accounts, most notably her also being a 40% unit in TT (all four 40% units are new units, which I believe is a first...)

Still glad I haven't paid a cent of real money to this game :P

It's a dick move, yeah, but the playerbase's response could not be more disproportional, especially considering how generous IS has been aside from this incident. This has to be the single most playable major gacha game ever made.

As someone who is very upset by this I'll paint you a picture and my reactions. We'll start by ignoring she was datamined since that isn't something Nintendo wants and we'll go off everything else.

The Holy War Banner had 3 units. They could have easily had Ayra in it too if they wanted to make her gacha, but instead they made her locked behind a different banner with severely outdated units (They were in the 2nd character update. That was months ago!) 1 of which is a fucking healer, and the other makes Ayra even harder to get.

They also have always put announcements of banner characters a day or more before. It's helped me prepare for units I like. I've had no such ability to prepare orb wise for Ayra because I didn't see any signs she'd be in a banner. Every other banner based NEW character's been announced by nintendo mobile's channel before hand.

So I am very salty and upset about this. I don't even care that she's power creeping too that the other hundreds of players are upset about. I've seen gachas power creep. I saw all the salt of the Juggler in Puzzles & Dragons and watched that game get power creeped to hell and back. I just wanted Ayra so I could summoner support her.