Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

43 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I wonder if they'll ever do an all-male Voting Gauntlet. They've done a female one already with War of the Clerics but I'd be interested to see them try one without a single female character.

IS's entire marketing strategy would implode. Strange tempests would open up all over the world, spawning limitless hordes of legendary heroes from other realms.

5 hours ago, Lt. Surge said:

Oh yeah. Was there anyone else on here that was voting Corrin? I only have a few friends in the game and never had a single one of my friend's units on the field the whole gauntlet, so I'm wondering if anyone else on here was helping fight for Corrin.

The outcome was honestly expected considering I dont think I ever saw Corrin with the lead through the last round, but being only 600 million behind was surprising. Must have been a heavy Ninian lead and Corrin multiplier the last hour to keep it that close, since Corrin couldn't keep up without it.

Corrin had the lead a few times.  I was keeping my eye on when to use my flags, trying to spend them mostly during multipliers, and I want to say there were only three or four for Ninian.  Corrin had multipliers going in the last two hours and still couldn't catch up.

I like to believe Ninian won because all the butthurt Tiki fans flocked to Team Ninian after both lost to a Corrin.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/ayra https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/arvis

Holy power creep.

In addition to Sigurd's inflated BST, unique skills and legendary weapon with multiple 3rd-tier effects, this upcoming GHB unit also has inflated stats, a unique special, Swift Sparrow and a unique weapon with both Speed +3 and unique Heavy Blade. Another upcoming GHB has regular stats, but Renewal 4 and a legendary weapon with Atk/Res Ploy 3 (a 4th-tier effect).

This is getting really stupid now. The GHB bosses render obsolete all sword infantries and cavalries but Ike, Ryoma, Xander and Brave Roy, any Ploy debuffers, and nearly all mage killers. At least the dancers had reduced BST and didn't replace anyone.

To be fair, all of the sword infantries other than the ones you listed were already kinda... mediocre. Units like Roy and Lucina or Karel or Gray all were mostly useless in high rank arena. If they didn't do something outstanding they were usually outclassed. So while Arya is mind numbingly strong, it must be considered how weak the alternative actually is in practice.

Also Arvis doesn't really do anything to the major mage killers, because they tend to be green and focused on killing blues and greens.  I doubt arvis himself can deal with the usual blight of reinhardt

For the record I don't believe we actually know yet whether or not Ayra is a GHB unit, I think GamePress is just running with the assumption that she is. As far as I know Arvis is the only one who is all but assured to have a GHB. Either way those two and Arden are all likely to be event units so their merging potential would be limited.

6 hours ago, InXplotch said:

Also Arvis doesn't really do anything to the major mage killers, because they tend to be green and focused on killing blues and greens.  I doubt arvis himself can deal with the usual blight of reinhardt

Valid point. But I'd still say Arvis vastly outranks any mage killer on a team that already has a Reinhardt check. As someone with a 5* Niles, I can tell you a thing or two about lousy mage counters.

(but seriously if anyone's figured out how to make niles decent hmu)

Nah, all the question marks get thrown at the end.  I have two question marks at the end of my compendium and I know for a fact that one of them is Tobin.

So yeah, probably a FE4 unit that isn't part of the banner Arvis.  Definitely Arvis.

Edited by Reilly