Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

6 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Whatever Siguard's stats, he's going to be a powerhouse. And while you try to whittle him down, your whole army gets smacked with -7 speed. He's another Reinhardt counter (like half the units released since CYL, but he's yet another overpowered horse unit himself.

Care to explain how Sigurd, a red unit, could be a counter for Reinhardt, a blue unit? I understand the combination of his legendary weapon and B passive make Rein's Dire Thunder do 50%/20% damage per attack as opposed to 100%/100% damage without those two skills. The thing is though, he's honestly in the same boat as BIke as a Rein "counter" if not worse because Sigurd can't counterattack like BIke but he's also got the weapon triangle disadvantage against Rein unlike BIke with the weapon triangle advantage. I am honestly not seeing how he's automatically a counter for Rein as I'd see him more as a "check": Sigurd may be able to bait and keep Rein from doing too much damage to your team, but you'll still need at least two units to actually ORKO him and any other enemy units that may have repositioned him away, otherwise Sigurd's bait of Rein is as useless as BIke in the discussion we had last week.

Edited by Lt. Surge
10 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

Care to explain how Sigurd, a red unit, could be a counter for Reinhardt, a blue unit? I understand the combination of his legendary weapon and B passive make Rein's Dire Thunder do 50%/20% damage per attack as opposed to 100%/100% damage without those two skills. The thing is though, he's honestly in the same boat as BIke as a Rein "counter" if not worse because Sigurd can't counterattack like BIke but he's also got the weapon triangle disadvantage against Rein unlike BIke with the weapon triangle advantage. I am honestly not seeing how he's automatically a counter for Rein as I'd see him more as a "check": Sigurd may be able to bait and keep Rein from doing too much damage to your team, but you'll still need at least two units to actually ORKO him and any other enemy units that may have repositioned him away, otherwise Sigurd's bait of Rein is as useless as BIke in the discussion we had last week.

Fair points. Sigurd will be trickier than he looks, though, with a natural Close Defense and Speed Smoke. He's looking to be the all-around sturdiest unit in the game and the only thing that can stand up to an enemy phase horse team with dancers.

I'm having an awful time finding anyone but Inigo who can survive Reinhardt and Lyn, and even then my other units can't survive with their range extended by dancers. I've wanted to use Niles forever, but even with 38-42 resistance he's a shit mage counter. That's with Fury 3 and a Slaying Bow, coming out to just 40 attack.

47 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

it really depends on his stats. It's completely possible that his attack is high enough that he can specialize as a generalized mage counter, and instead of close defense just run distant counter, allowing him to tank and kill nearly any mage. it's notable that he's a horse, and thus can benefit from both fortify and hone Calvary, meaning that if even reinhardt can't hurt him, he pretty much becomes a godly mage counter.

Remember, rein is super frail, his defense is almost nothing, so even reds can kill him fairly easily.

a notable thing is that, while bike can also use distant counter, it's counter-intuitive to his abilities and requires you to give up using steady breath which is an incredible A skill and affects urvan's usefulness against non-brave weapons. on the other hand, giving up close defense is less of an issue.

49 minutes ago, Shiva said:

It was a pretty close ending to the gauntlet.

Oh yeah. Was there anyone else on here that was voting Corrin? I only have a few friends in the game and never had a single one of my friend's units on the field the whole gauntlet, so I'm wondering if anyone else on here was helping fight for Corrin.

The outcome was honestly expected considering I dont think I ever saw Corrin with the lead through the last round, but being only 600 million behind was surprising. Must have been a heavy Ninian lead and Corrin multiplier the last hour to keep it that close, since Corrin couldn't keep up without it.

1 hour ago, InXplotch said:

only antagonists are really GHB units, so probably a TT reward.

I'd lean more towards the same thought were it not for the fact that not every character who's appeared in a GHB is actually an antagonist (namely female Robin, Navarre, and sort of Xander), so given that Ayra was similar to Navarre in the original game and it's been almost two months since the last new GHB character I could see her being either.