Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

20 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

I know Cherche and Cordelia can delete just about anything, but glass cannons are too risky when they aren't ranged or mounted. That's only useful for Squad Assault and Arena defense. They're perfect in theory, but in practice, how are you going to safely move them into the enemy and then out of range?

I would run Cordelia since her high speed makes her likely to survive, but then my team has a critical mage weakness. I've had a 5* Cherche since March that I've never cared for, and so never finished building. Not worth it when Minerva supports the team better--and there's no point in running a green that gets one-rounded by Reinhardt, since that just limits your team even further.

you give them drag back/hit and run, and then reposition with a second unit. Hit and run is, like, a standard B skill for the melee fliers, because it lets them retreat to safety after killing someone. In arena the enemy moves automatically, and your units get to ignore almost all terrain types, so it's just a matter of positioning and waiting for the enemy to approach to get into range to start.

For example, my hinoka, who works for this example, because she doesn't benifit from hone fliers herself, has a build of brave lance, death blow, drag back, and hone. Drag back lets me run her into an enemy then, assuming she kills the unit, reposition or drawback her to safety, putting her a full 2/3 squares away. Also if you want a mage tank, you might be better off with someone like camilla, not clair. Blue mages like rein and green mages like nino I'm pretty sure are much more prevalent than any of the red mages.

Bought orbs and pulled all four of the performing units.

Azura is +Atk/-Def

Shigure is +Res/-Atk

Inigo is +Res/-HP

Olivia is +HP/-Def

Seems Azura was the only one with an optimal boon/bane, though the others could work I guess? Not as invested into these units as compared to others, just wanted them all since they are supposedly going to be limited units.

1 hour ago, Lt. Surge said:

Bought orbs and pulled all four of the performing units.

Azura is +Atk/-Def

Shigure is +Res/-Atk

Inigo is +Res/-HP

Olivia is +HP/-Def

Seems Azura was the only one with an optimal boon/bane, though the others could work I guess? Not as invested into these units as compared to others, just wanted them all since they are supposedly going to be limited units.

your inigo has a perfectly servicable nature, and his "optimal" build is easier to obtain than axura's emerald axe/DC combo, though her vanilla kit is very good too.

If you give inigo Triangle adept 3, a raventome+, and bowbreaker 3, he will be able to tank and kill both reinhardt after buffs (esp if you give him a distant defense seal) and brave lyn. his only real flaw is that his base stats are so low that he hurts arena scores, but all dancers do.

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

When do Sigurd and Deirdre come out?

Didn't the dataminers find them a few weeks ago?

Dataminer mentioned a Jugdrali banner, but not specifically who would be in it. It'll probably be the mid-month banner, and if so, it'll likely come out next Friday, with a trailer up the day before or so.

9 hours ago, Lt. Surge said:

I could always use another Rein and BLyn check. I have BIke that I love to use, but while I appreciate the reliability of him for dealing with those units, it would be nice to have another good check for them in case of Arena Assault runs.

Inigo is probably better than bike as a counter as he can kill them on the counter hit, while bike either needs distant counter or his next turn to kill them. And unlike regular raven ta users, he van dance after, lol

59 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

Inigo is probably better than bike as a counter as he can kill them on the counter hit, while bike either needs distant counter or his next turn to kill them. And unlike regular raven ta users, he van dance after, lol

Brave Ike, at least for me, has been a depressingly poor horse counter. Can't survive a second round against them, and can't pursue or escape if another enemy repositions the horse.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Brave Ike, at least for me, has been a depressingly poor horse counter. Can't survive a second round against them, and can't pursue or escape if another enemy repositions the horse.

this has also been my problem. If the enemy has xander and rein, bike can bait the rein, but then he gets repo'd by xander and I just end up looking like an idiot with a chunked brave ike.

Ok, but what unit can truly counter Rein and/or BLyn if there is a Xander lying in wait as well? If we are comparing BIke to Inigo, they both get run over by a Xander regardless of the situation, especially one where you take damage from the Rein or BLyn beforehand.

33 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

Ok, but what unit can truly counter Rein and/or BLyn if there is a Xander lying in wait as well? If we are comparing BIke to Inigo, they both get run over by a Xander regardless of the situation, especially one where you take damage from the Rein or BLyn beforehand.

Only ranged units can counter the horses, and pretty much no one but greens and specialized Niles and Felicia can survive Reinhardt.

Xander doesn't factor into this equation at all. His only purpose in this context is to protect a ranged horse from getting counterattacked.

30 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Only ranged units can counter the horses, and pretty much no one but greens and specialized Niles and Felicia can survive Reinhardt.

Xander doesn't factor into this equation at all. His only purpose in this context is to protect a ranged horse from getting counterattacked.

But then what is the Inigo and Bike comparison for? Maybe Inigo can reach the repositioned ranged horse whereas Bike can't, but unless you have a reposition in the back for pulling him out of danger or a counter in the wings for the unit protecting Rein/Blyn, Inigo is just as much a lost unit as Bike in that situation.

23 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

But then what is the Inigo and Bike comparison for? Maybe Inigo can reach the repositioned ranged horse whereas Bike can't, but unless you have a reposition in the back for pulling him out of danger or a counter in the wings for the unit protecting Rein/Blyn, Inigo is just as much a lost unit as Bike in that situation.

because. If you put inigo at the edge of rein's range, and outside of xander's range, rein will attack inigo, doing some damage, and then inigo with counter and KILL rein. Bike, on the other hand, can draw and tank rein, but without distant counter, achieves nothing, leaving the rein alive to be repositioned. The key here is that inigo can bait and kill rein and brave lyn, while bike can only bait them without killing.

This is kind of random but I remember there was a discussion about the skill description phrasing for Beorc's Blessing so I figured it was worth bringing up. Apparently they actually did update the text and even reuploaded the Feh Channel videos on YouTube to reflect the change.

New update is out by the way!

new update comes with new squad assault for an extra spd+1 map. and it has proven fairly annoying so far. also something called the sacred seal forge was in the update but not implemented, seems like we'll be able to upgrade sacred seals sooner or later.

I think it's almost certainly starting very soon with the immediate daily reset because there are a number of tells to it. For starters, we already know that you have to use badges and Sacred Coins to forge Sacred Seals. The Voting Gauntlet will be kicking off in a few hours and supposedly awards Sacred Coins through related quests, which in tandem with the Badge drop increase just now would make most sense if the Sacred Seal Forge goes live then as well. The text seems to point towards needing to complete the new story chapter in order to unlock it since it apparently ties into the story. I'd be surprised if it's not upon us.

So what I'm personally taking away from this is that I wish I had summoned Spring Xander because Live for Honor has finally become a relevant skill thanks to this update. I think I'm going to try upgrading Breath of Life first since I think can get the most out of that one in particular.

The Sacred Seal forge is definitely live. You have to go into the story and turn it to Normal difficulty to choose the new Intermission chapter.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything there indicating that you can upgrade your seals yet.

The new seals you can forge basically make your character Bike for one weapon type: any consecutive hit and onward from melee weapons, bows, magic (each a different seal) is reduced by 30%. This is gonna hard counter Reinhardt and Bowlyn and damper people with Desperation.

Edited by Carl321