Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I'm such an idiot for dumping 80 orbs trying to get Elincia. Yeah, she's way better than Palla, but not in my specific flier team.

I know we're only five days into Performing Arts, but I've already dumped nearly as many orbs into this. And we've gotten way more orbs in the past week than we'll be getting for the rest of the month.

^ That's why I've given up on the dancer banner. I wanted Azura but knowing my luck there's no way I'm getting any 5* units from this banner other than the Inigo I've already gotten. I'm just going to save the orbs for Halloween and curb my losses... unless the Hween units really suck.

Edited by Carl321

K1BgA72.png

On the topic of Brave Lyn and Reinhardt, I personally love using this Cecilia because she effortlessly kills two birds with one stone with this build. I don't think she's ever failed to put them in their place on my Arena runs, so I always bring her. She's just really fun to use for me. I'd like to merge her eventually since I have plenty of spare copies of her, but my Hero Feather expenses tend to go elsewhere first.

7 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I can't believe Corrin has already won the next Voting Gauntlet.

Yeah I've pretty much lost interest in the voting gauntlets. There is always a predictable winner and if the predicted character doesn't somehow win it's because of a dumb modifier bonus rather than the actual efforts of the other team. Nice for feathers I guess though. Guess I'll be going Adult Tiki or Ninian. 

Jesus, Regis and Kelly, so #blessed to have pulled a 5* Sophia with my free summon! This makes up for when I accidentally angrily chucked every other Sophia I've ever pulled back to Professor Willow instead of spending my hard-earned feathers on this magnificent beauty.

I am now 2 for 9 on the focus/random coin flip and it feels great.

As for Lyn and Reinhardt counters, my best is Bowbreaker Leon, who can take both out if he starts with Lyn. But I don't always want to put him or Summer Elise on every team I make. They're not impossible to beat, but they force everyone to play the game a certain way and use characters they don't want to. That's bad game design.

16 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I'm such an idiot for dumping 80 orbs trying to get Elincia. Yeah, she's way better than Palla, but not in my specific flier team.

I know we're only five days into Performing Arts, but I've already dumped nearly as many orbs into this. And we've gotten way more orbs in the past week than we'll be getting for the rest of the month.

wait, what, what's your flying team. Elincia has been great with my flier team of hinoka and summer corrin. My main arena team now is Elinca/Scorrin/Hinoka/Bonus unit.

24 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

wait, what, what's your flying team. Elincia has been great with my flier team of hinoka and summer corrin. My main arena team now is Elinca/Scorrin/Hinoka/Bonus unit.

Core is Minerva/Subaki/Palla, fourth is Claire. It's mostly defensive, and with my main walls both being blue I get a lot of use from Palla's rounded stats and Ruby Sword. I don't have the seasonal mages or Hinoka and only just got Cordelia today (she's -HP +SPD, so I'll be raising her up).

Edited by Destiny Hero
1 minute ago, Destiny Hero said:

Core is Minerva/Subaki/Palla, fourth is Claire. It's mostly defensive, and with my main walls both being blue I get a lot of use from Palla's rounded stats and Ruby Sword. I don't have the seasonal mages and only just got Cordelia today (she's -HP +SPD, so I'll be raising her up).

Well that's an aggressively defensive team if I ever saw one. That being said, if your units have goad fliers, being able to safely bait with your team then clean up with elincia thanks to her flier formation seems really good, esp if your units have reposition all over. Palla is fine for baiting greens, but her inability to do anything else can hurt sometimes, when elincia can just mug pretty much anyone after some buffs.

also btween you and me, I would use literally anyone but clair. even a non flier. Her offensive stats are so sub par, with a neutral 26 attack

7 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

Well that's an aggressively defensive team if I ever saw one. That being said, if your units have goad fliers, being able to safely bait with your team then clean up with elincia thanks to her flier formation seems really good, esp if your units have reposition all over. Palla is fine for baiting greens, but her inability to do anything else can hurt sometimes, when elincia can just mug pretty much anyone after some buffs.

also btween you and me, I would use literally anyone but clair. even a non flier. Her offensive stats are so sub par, with a neutral 26 attack

My philosophy with this team is that Minerva and Subaki can handle any non-green physical unit, while Claire takes on mages. Claire is definitely the weakest link though, because of how much SI she needs to be more viable. I'm not burning Celicas for anyone--I'll just sit on them forever and never do anything with them, like a true RPG master.

But she's more useful than Cordelia because someone's gotta bait those mages, and Minerva sweeps well enough. Kudos to IS for making the only Hone Flier 5* exclusive and the only flying mages seasonal units. I don't have nearly enough luck to make an optimal flier team.

55 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

My philosophy with this team is that Minerva and Subaki can handle any non-green physical unit, while Claire takes on mages. Claire is definitely the weakest link though, because of how much SI she needs to be more viable. I'm not burning Celicas for anyone--I'll just sit on them forever and never do anything with them, like a true RPG master.

But she's more useful than Cordelia because someone's gotta bait those mages, and Minerva sweeps well enough. Kudos to IS for making the only Hone Flier 5* exclusive and the only flying mages seasonal units. I don't have nearly enough luck to make an optimal flier team.

... celica? do you mean cecilia? Celica is the best red mage in the game and doesn't give anything useful... actually, cecilia doesn't give anything worthwhile either.

and that's just not true. it's a different playstyle, playing with player phase units, but baiting isn't the only way to go about it. if you want to play a "cheap" flier team you can give everyone on the team goad fliers. the buff stacks, and w/ two layers gives a bigger buff than a single hone (hone only becomes critical if you are using blade tomes, tbh). Units like cordelia and cherche are incredible, though require a bit of Skill inheritance, and will delete most anything you sent them at. Goad fliers, ofc comes from palla, who is a 3 and 4 star unit, so it's not terribly rare, but palla gives a lot of useful things, lol. 

Don't worry too much about having an optimal team, the optimal team is like nonsense. 2 seasonal units, multiple copies of a 5 star exclusive skill and so many feathers that it's unreasonable.

I know Cherche and Cordelia can delete just about anything, but glass cannons are too risky when they aren't ranged or mounted. That's only useful for Squad Assault and Arena defense. They're perfect in theory, but in practice, how are you going to safely move them into the enemy and then out of range?

I would run Cordelia since her high speed makes her likely to survive, but then my team has a critical mage weakness. I've had a 5* Cherche since March that I've never cared for, and so never finished building. Not worth it when Minerva supports the team better--and there's no point in running a green that gets one-rounded by Reinhardt, since that just limits your team even further.