Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

So played a bunch today at work. Enjoying it quite a bit so far. Haven't really got to the point that I'm running out of Stamina yet but playing during even a slow day at work means it gets side aside a lot. I do see that harder difficulties and such require a lot more stamina so that might eventually get annoying. Either way, I'm just kind of happy to have a mobile game to mess around with. Runs really smooth on my phone (HTC M8) despite the phone approaching the 3 year mark (for the model, not mine specifically). Up to Chapter 4 Part 2 in the story but have messed around in Arena, training tower and special maps a bit so far. 

My go to team so far is Camilla, Takumi, Eliwood and Sharena and it's been working fairly well. One thing I'm a little unsure of is the relationship between the star colors and amount of stars. I initially thought all silver borders meant 4 stars and all gold meant 5, but now I'm seeing that I have 2 star heroes with silver borders. Even though I rerolled for Camilla I'm finding my 5 Star/Gold Takumi is my true champion. Archers seem really strong so far, but I've only played normal and 1 hard map. 

6 minutes ago, Igneous42 said:

So played a bunch today at work. Enjoying it quite a bit so far. Haven't really got to the point that I'm running out of Stamina yet but playing during even a slow day at work means it gets side aside a lot. I do see that harder difficulties and such require a lot more stamina so that might eventually get annoying. Either way, I'm just kind of happy to have a mobile game to mess around with. Runs really smooth on my phone (HTC M8) despite the phone approaching the 3 year mark (for the model, not mine specifically). Up to Chapter 4 Part 2 in the story but have messed around in Arena, training tower and special maps a bit so far. 

My go to team so far is Camilla, Takumi, Eliwood and Sharena and it's been working fairly well. One thing I'm a little unsure of is the relationship between the star colors and amount of stars. I initially thought all silver borders meant 4 stars and all gold meant 5, but now I'm seeing that I have 2 star heroes with silver borders. Even though I rerolled for Camilla I'm finding my 5 Star/Gold Takumi is my true champion. Archers seem really strong so far, but I've only played normal and 1 hard map. 

Takumi is super good, my best unit by far and I didn't even want him, I just stopped rerolling because I got him.

Just now, Gold said:

Can stats be increased elsewhere, or are some of my characters who suck at stat increases during level ups just fucked?

fucked.

Stats can only be boosted (besides increasing rarity) by fusing another one of itself into it I believe.

Which goes away if you increase the rarity anyway, so you're better off waiting until 5 star.

Been using a dark mage as my ranged option and kinda regretting it, seems having a shit speed growth is a universal thing with them. She gets doubled by fucking everything. Rest of my party is okay in the speed department but given that two of them are 5 stars they sure as hell better be. Not like you can effectively "reset" a 5 star back to Lv. 1 and hope for better gains the next time around like you can anything 4 and below. 

2 minutes ago, Chrom said:

It's determined by who's set in the very first slot in your first team of allies.

This is also the unit people see when they're choosing enemy teams to face in the Arena, however. I'm torn between wanting to put Lucina there to show off to my friends list and putting someone else so anyone who might fight my team in the arena won't know I have a unit that shrekts dragons. 

Edited by Mystearica

so im already at chapter 8 part 2, going back to the whole stamina thing, the amount of time it takes isn't that bad honestly but the fact that there is no way to increase your total stamina pool is very weird and annoying for this type of game(or at least the handful or so i've played). Especially considering lunatic difficulty for chapter 7 takes 17-19 stamina so say if you get that far in the game and you commute to work you'll get to play for maybe 10 minutes if you do 2 story missions or need to grind in the arena when its not half stamina. 

Other than that small gripe im having a lot of fun with the game.

Intelligent systems has said that they will be releasing new content for the game every two weeks so thats cool.

also here's my ID 6238117042

Holy shit these mages and their fucking abysmal speed growths are driving me up a wall. Got a 4 star Liliana in my last summon so I figured I'd replace my dark mage with a fire one. Fire mages aren't generally known for their speed like Wind mages are, but they're still leagues better than anything that uses dark magic, right? Uhhh... not in Heroes, apparently. If it's Red and uses magic it is universally the slowest fucker in the world. Level 16 and not even double digits, what the actual hell. Forget buying summon orbs, give me the option to by speedwings and they can have all my fucking money. It's like PoR/RD Haar all over again, except worse somehow. What does a guy have to do to keep his mage from being doubled by units 4 levels below? Really now.

25 minutes ago, Mystearica said:

Holy shit these mages and their fucking abysmal speed growths are driving me up a wall. Got a 4 star Liliana in my last summon so I figured I'd replace my dark mage with a fire one. Fire mages aren't generally known for their speed like Wind mages are, but they're still leagues better than anything that uses dark magic, right? Uhhh... not in Heroes, apparently. If it's Red and uses magic it is universally the slowest fucker in the world. Level 16 and not even double digits, what the actual hell. Forget buying summon orbs, give me the option to by speedwings and they can have all my fucking money. It's like PoR/RD Haar all over again, except worse somehow. What does a guy have to do to keep his mage from being doubled by units 4 levels below? Really now.

You should really hold out for Cecelia then, she's pretty solid as a mage in this game.

Also I swapped Gwendolyn for 4* Tiki, the fact that she can counter against ranged units is so fucking broken. y;