Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

On 4/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, Destiny Hero said:

The spoilers are significant enough that I would've been furious had I not passed that plot twist just two weeks ago. The game hasn't even been out for a year and FEH is already spoiling its biggest twists. Not that 3H's plot is very good to begin with, but this was so unnecessary. IS could have released this unit without spoiling anything--instead they put out a slap in the face for every fan too short on money or time to have played the game while it was hot off the press.

I'm mad as heck about the spoilers. I haven't even started Three Houses yet. I deduced from the promotional material that Edelgard is the big bad, but given that they released Flame Emperor as a standalone unit it's hard not to put two and two together. But I guess Heroes was never about preserving the twists and secrets of the main Fire Emblem games. Remember when they casually revealed the Black Knight's identity?

10 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

I'm mad as heck about the spoilers. I haven't even started Three Houses yet. I deduced from the promotional material that Edelgard is the big bad, but given that they released Flame Emperor as a standalone unit it's hard not to put two and two together. But I guess Heroes was never about preserving the twists and secrets of the main Fire Emblem games. Remember when they casually revealed the Black Knight's identity?

If it's any consolation, FEH's spoiling isn't far from how unceremoniously this twist was revealed in-game, at least for Claude's route. I feel like most anything else FEH could also spoil is spoiled in 3H itself by the series's stereotypical plots, tendency to tease plot twists way too hard, and characters pursuing long-running "mysteries" that the writers seem to forget were fully revealed to the audience from the very beginning...

The protagonists of modern FE games are so oblivious it's physically painful.

>Fates puts a huge emphasis on the player's choices and how they impact the outcome of the story, with neither faction necessarily being the "right" choice

>turns out that's a lie; there's a third golden route locked behind DLC that renders your choice completely pointless

>Three Houses puts a huge emphasis on the player's choices and how they impact the outcome of the story, with neither faction necessarily being the "right" choice

>as a result, all four routes have important plot points that are left unresolved, forcing you to play through the game multiple times just to understand the full context of the plot

Can we PLEASE go back to the olden days when the writing team focused all of their efforts into a single cohesive narrative instead of a bunch of half-assed ones?

6 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

>Fates puts a huge emphasis on the player's choices and how they impact the outcome of the story, with neither faction necessarily being the "right" choice

>turns out that's a lie; there's a third golden route locked behind DLC that renders your choice completely pointless

>Three Houses puts a huge emphasis on the player's choices and how they impact the outcome of the story, with neither faction necessarily being the "right" choice

>as a result, all four routes have important plot points that are left unresolved, forcing you to play through the game multiple times just to understand the full context of the plot

Can we PLEASE go back to the olden days when the writing team focused all of their efforts into a single cohesive narrative instead of a bunch of half-assed ones?

For real, they just keep half-assing multiple routes with messy stories full of plot holes and plain old bad writing/planning. They don't even try to make the characters' choices believable--just gotta create some conflict to prolong the story.

Claude and Dimitri's routes look like they'd be basically the same story, though I still haven't finished my first playthrough for lack of motivation. The story is told through support conversations--the gameplay itself has maybe one plot point of consequence every dozen hours, and you can deduce most of every route's plot before finishing the first half of any.

Yoooooooo, more Fallen Heroes!

M!Corrin makes sense because we had F!Corrin last time.

Lyon makes sense because of exactly what happens in the end of Sacred Stones.

Julia is a surprise to me but I am not familiar with Genealogy of the Holy War so maybe it's not such a surprise?

Ike is a huge surprise to me because this is more of a what-if scenario of him touching Lehran's Medallion and growing violent much like his father did.

Ashnard as the next Grand Hero Battle is amazing too, we've been waiting for him for so long!

So... whaling hard for Fallen Ike, personally.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, Tyranogre said:

Assuming the bunnies aren't until April, we might be getting another Fallen banner soon.

Just throwing out my guesses:

*Manfroy's Puppet Julia

*Barry with Cursed Draug

*Berserk Ashnard

*Goopy Garon

*Hegemon Edelgard 

Heeeey, two out of five ain't bad!

4 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

Julia is a surprise to me but I am not familiar with Genealogy of the Holy War so maybe it's not such a surprise?

In the final chapter of FE4, Julia is abducted by Manfroy (the Gharnef expy) because her Holy Blood allows her to wield the Book of Naga, which is (supposedly) the only weapon capable of harming Julius while he wields the Loptous tome. However, instead of killing her, Manfroy decides that it would be more fun to mind-control her into fighting against her former allies. In order to defeat Julius and beat the game, the player must kill Manfroy to release Julia from her trance, then bring Julia over to the castle that he was guarding so that she can recover the Book of Naga.

At least, that's how the game expects you to do it. With the right strategy, it's possible to kill Julius without the Book of Naga, whereupon Manfroy will instantly die due to "the power of darkness fading away", releasing Julia from her trance anyway. educate;

I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised at how badass dark male Corrin is, considering how soft and doe-eyed female Corrin is as she crosses and buckles her legs while feeling herself up. Interested to see how the BSTs here play out... His weapon is already better, trading +1 for Guard, but she might still win for being colorless.

@Surge135 You should consider waiting on the merges after getting the free 40-summon pick from this introductory event. Ike is clearly the big prize here, as evidenced by color-sharing with the stinker. (Not that Julia's Panic Smoke isn't a top-tier skill, but compared to Ike and his kit...) Units like this are usually rerun on a 3-man focus after a few months, like Mareeta last week. Or he'll be in a Legendary event, giving better odds than this, plus your pitybreakers will at least be the Legendary units who are the most important for scoring.

Probably a good idea, I will consider stopping after the free pick after 40 summons. Also question... does your 5☆ summoning rate reset after the free pick or does it stay? If not, I'll probably consider going until my rate is broken, otherwise I'll end my run there.

5 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Probably a good idea, I will consider stopping after the free pick after 40 summons. Also question... does your 5☆ summoning rate reset after the free pick or does it stay? If not, I'll probably consider going until my rate is broken, otherwise I'll end my run there.

The summoning rate stays

Ashnard actually looks decent too! The "male wyvern rider" curse is broken! Just kidding we all know what's not a wyvern. Let's talk about how that's being better hidden than the Flame Emperor's identity is though. I even think I may make him my next merge project. I was just thinking how I have a decent amount of 5* +10 units but none of them are male.

My only real gripe with the selections is Ike is yet again a sword infantry with Ragnell. Making 4 of the 5 versions of Ike swords. I'll confess I don't really know what else they could have made him, but since it's a what if alt in the first place I feel like they could have found a way to  do something different. Make him so angry he throws Ragnell or something.

Edited by Igneous42

Pulled Fallen Lyon! Bad news is he's an Atk boon Spd buff, which if his stats are at all true to the character are the opposite of ideal. I might try to pull another, but with only 26 free orbs left over I probably shouldn't bother.

Still, even with somewhat middling stats (natural access to Bonus Doubler notwithstanding), it's worth it to hear those voice lines. Hearing the Demon King gives me chills.

Somehow, with only 16 summons in this banner including the 5 free summons, I managed to grab all three male units. All 3 have a speed boon which isn't ideal except for lyon, but I'll take it. The RNG of this game has hated me since Februari, so this felt like a nice change :)

By the way, does anyone know what happens to your catalog of heroes when you compile a combat manual of a character that you haven't summoned yet? Does it fill in the catalog or does it stay grayed out? 

Edited by Ferry

I've had some crazy luck on this banner too. Granted I'm a degenerate who spent some money but with 25 pulls on the banner I got Julia, Karla, Lyon, Julia again and Ike. 

Karla was at a low pity rate so didn't mind as she's new, Lyon broke my rate but then I got Julia and Ike the circle after. Overall probably some of the best luck I've had in this game. Ironically I was only going for Ike but I don't mind any of the others 

17 hours ago, Ferry said:

By the way, does anyone know what happens to your catalog of heroes when you compile a combat manual of a character that you haven't summoned yet? Does it fill in the catalog or does it stay grayed out? 

I compiled the combat manual of Ylgr despite never summoning her before and my catalog of heroes still displays her profile with the dark silhouette. For this reason I don't recommend compiling manuals with the interest of filling out the catalog because it seems as though that doesn't help in any way.

Good to see that we've been having good luck!

There's been such a constant creep for infantry swords. Compared to the former champ, Mareeta, Ike has only 1 point of difference, a similar kit, and trades her Null Follow-Up and +10/6/4/4 for DC, debuff countering, and easy Aethers. I pulled both with their 46-speed boons.

I'm at a point where I'm satisfied using just the units I like, since there have been so many lately even if they aren't all great, like Ferdinand. Plus I wonder if Narcian's heal-per-hit refine can make for some shenanigans.

I had a choice between an HP boon, Def boon, or neutral IV for the Fallen Ike that I summoned. Decided I would stick with neutral since it gives an extra point in both Atk and Spd on first merge until I can get either an Atk boon or Spd boon, though I have also considered the possibility of going with a Res boon to help equal out his defensive stats.

Edited by Surge135
On 8/6/2017 at 6:21 AM, lazurwolf said:

August is really going to kill my wallet. I've been wanting to get Ike and Celica since their first banners then just as I was saving up for orbs for those two, suddenly they come out with a Life and Death banner. 

Jaffar +10 is the dream.

I'm proud of you, my son. Spending $2000+ on all of your units to be in top shape to clear content for a total of 21 days was well worth the money. I can stare at that shiny border on your Jaffar all fucking day dude. 

Edited by lazurwolf
I was so proud of the poster that I forgot to add a word but now im fixing it so the post makes perfect sense