Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Got Altina in case I ever return and decided to finally uninstall the game (I dropped it around the time of the Chrom LHB, but kept it installed for Altina).

It's not one thing that made me drop the game, but I suppose a tired gameplay loop plus lack of meanginful progression is the best way to sum it up. Nearly every mode besides abyssals LHB and aether raids fails to engage me--it's just too easy to the point I'm playing for rewards not content (e.g. Tempest Trials, Forging Bonds) or any sort of progression is locked behind legendary/mythic scoresticks (i.e. arena, mjolnir's strike) that isn't readily available to f2p. Grail projects are slow like Arden but steady, but any other projects is inherently reliant on the gacha which just has issues that go unaddressed--specifically for 3/4 units (i.e. Tanya/Lachesis/Altena in my case). I'll admit, going the entire anniversary period without getting any of those three units left a sour taste in my mouth, but makes me realize the only way forward is just to spend orbs on random crap (free summons aren't enough). But when I look at something such as the new 3H banners which is shamelessly just each house's best waifu offering featuring Silas von Aegir and Statstick the Emperor, I'm not optimistic about those offerings (if Annette was dropped for someone like Ashe, I'd be more optimistic but nope). I could spend orbs on 5 * exclusive jugdral projects, but I those units will never realistically be +10'd anyway so it feels wasted. All and all, I feel like I've just hit a brick wall, and the only way forward is a grueling unrewarding wait. Topping it off, recent monetization methods like the FEH Pass and Forma units makes me pessimistic that any attempt to fix progression will too be monetized. Still, if April makes a serious effort at revamping the summoning pool such that getting merges on newer 3/4 units is no longer a grueling experience, I might consider picking it up again, but if I'm just saving resources for disappointment, I'd rather spare myself both the time spent resource farming and the disappointment.

I'm mostly responding because I just wanted to get my thoughts on paper, so to speak--venting for the sake of venting, basically.

Edited by Zora von Genbu

For me, it's like this:

You'll go to my door and knock, and I'll open it just a tiny crack and be all bruised up in the face with a black eye,  and you'll be like, "Are you okay? What happened?" and then I'll be all like "I...I fell down the stairs." "Did Fire Emblem do this to you, do I...do you want me to come in?" "No, no, it's fine, I...this house is a mess I... I have to go." And then you'll hear an intimidating voice from upstairs be all like "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?! WHERE'S MY SANDWICH?! DON'T MAKE ME GET THE GOLF CLUB AGAIN!" And then I'll sheepishly close the door.

Well there goes the tradition of Spring having one of my favorite seasonals and including one of my favorite characters. I know I shouldn't have built my hopes up but this is honestly probably the most disappointing and uninteresting seasonal banners they've ever done. 

I know it's gratuitous but I liked the sexy bunny ladies. Instead this year we just get a bunch of prepubescent girls. No thanks, huge pass. 

Edited by Igneous42

Just like the previous set, the random little girls get full premium kits and the lone male is a crappy demote. The kind whose entire kit has less text than a girl's weapon skill alone.

I keep playing because there are a few units who I really like. Even as my graveyard of Lv1 golds I'll never touch grows exponentially, there are still new units who are enjoyable without being pandering. Though most of those, like Alfonse & Sharena and Legendary Chrom, are so overpowered compared to older units that I feel guilty for using them. Even my best Gen 1/2 units just sit around while the Gen 4 tanks every enemy.

After dropping off for a while, I'm getting back in while building up high-scoring units for the first time. It's fun and refreshing, as if I really needed the 5000 grails and million feathers for something else. I had Soren and Klein fully merged, but I needed higher BST from newer, melee units to score well.

Got Idunn and Fae from my first summoning session that had a shitty nature, then spent about 50 orbs until I got a merge with a Defense boon. I then spent the remainder of my savings on the Weekly Revival banner going for Loli Tiki, only to get pity broken by Eldigan.

Overall, could've been worse.

I still think it's funny how every year within days of the Spring banner being announced/starting where I live gets a snowstorm. It's like the game is rubbing in the fact that U love in a place where we often get snow in March and it's not even unusual in April. 

Well jokes on you game I kind of like the snow, or at least that's what I tell myself.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:54 PM, Tyranogre said:

Got Idunn and Fae from my first summoning session that had a shitty nature, then spent about 50 orbs until I got a merge with a Defense boon. I then spent the remainder of my savings on the Weekly Revival banner going for Loli Tiki, only to get pity broken by Eldigan.

Overall, could've been worse.

I got the duo +def/-res while picking up Narcian. Both defenses are superboons, like Nagi. And weirdly her stats are actually... not better than Nagi's. Nearly identical but Idunn has 26 speed rather than 19--though her Zephyr Breath is much better with +6 to her defenses and negating debuffs. Does anyone have a full team of duos?

As for Spring Narcian, he's a better Haar with a +def superboon. Though Haar's been the most disappointing unit I've ever built, since so few challenges have choke points without magic damage.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Not even being the series mascot for the 30th anniversary event could save Marth from being its worst unit.

2. Free male wyvern riders are, without exception, the worst releases. But the moment we get a female one, she's one of the most outstanding free units we've ever seen.

3. A random little girl learning to ride a horse is more powerful than the literal god of strength.

I think that sums up why there isn't much to discuss with this game anymore. It's always the same old, except worse.

Edelgard is like "get the fuck away from me plebians." Not really obviously because judging based on social class is orrt much the opposite of her, but still funny. 

Debating pulling I have over 100 orbs right now but I was trying to save for the likely upcoming Bridal Banners. Not that I'm a huge fan of thst theme but it's one of those banners that could easily have one of my favorites. Which I guess any banner "could" but the wedding banners have had popular girls fairly frequently. 

Of course I wouldn't mind one of my favorite guys getting a groom alt either if they actually got a slick more traditional/Western tux. But even beyond being more likely to spring for girl characters I'm not a fan of the all white getup Marth and guy from last year got. 

Oh also @Tyranogre the Dragalia FeH crossover has young Tiki if you didn't see that already

Edited by Igneous42

As far as legendary/Mythic balance goes I don't think she's all that oppressive. It's hard to see till we get her stars though, if she's naturally going to double most of the time and has high attack that's a little strong, but the personal refresh is at least her B slot, so it is actually a pretty big trade-off since she won't have access to the fighter skills and the refresh. 

I also don't think it's too early, the timeskip designs for the Lord's was revealed before the game even launched. If you just mean specifically the spoilers though then yeah, they could have been a bit more subtle... Not that the spoilers involved were subtle in 3H in the first place, but still it is a little much this time. 

3 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

As far as legendary/Mythic balance goes I don't think she's all that oppressive. It's hard to see till we get her stars though, if she's naturally going to double most of the time and has high attack that's a little strong, but the personal refresh is at least her B slot, so it is actually a pretty big trade-off since she won't have access to the fighter skills and the refresh. 

I also don't think it's too early, the timeskip designs for the Lord's was revealed before the game even launched. If you just mean specifically the spoilers though then yeah, they could have been a bit more subtle... Not that the spoilers involved were subtle in 3H in the first place, but still it is a little much this time. 

The spoilers are significant enough that I would've been furious had I not passed that plot twist just two weeks ago. The game hasn't even been out for a year and FEH is already spoiling its biggest twists. Not that 3H's plot is very good to begin with, but this was so unnecessary. IS could have released this unit without spoiling anything--instead they put out a slap in the face for every fan too short on money or time to have played the game while it was hot off the press.