Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Reflecting on armored units... the speedy ones like V-Ike and L-Tiki sure aged like milk. New armored units pack impenetrable defenses, and the SPD stats of fast units have exploded along with +6 buffs in their base kits.

But I'm more worried about Feh. 20 Mjollnir Gems for anniversary quests, 1 orb for beating 1000 enemies... she's partying too hard! These bonuses are almost as good as Yugioh Duel Links, where you can get the equivalent of maybe 2 orbs for your 500th day of playing.

“That Loptous Cult ain’t right, I tell ya hwat.”

”Don’t be ridiculous, Sigurd. Everyone knows that the Loptous Cult are a myth perpetuated by the Granvallian Government to scare little children into behaving themselves.”

”Is that really true, Eldigan? ‘Cause one time back at the Knight Academy, my instructor caught me sneaking into the women’s barracks, and later that night, I heard some eerie noises and saw some flickering red lights coming from outside my dorm window...”

“Man, I tell ya hwat, man, that dang ol’ Loptous Cult, man, I’m talkin’ ‘bout worshippin’ some dang ol’ dragon from another continent, man, and he’s all like possessin’ a human host by passin’ down his spirit through some dang ol’ black book; it’s real spooky, man.” *sip*

The only thing that could match my excitement for the first three characters was my disappointment after realizing that the obvious crappy demote is a guy, and the best unit by far is the girl with the biggest boobs.

It's a shame that she falls into such an overused character archetype, because her weapon is one of the most creative and potentially game-breaking yet.

Nice! Always up for more Elibe love. I'm mildly disappointed Rath isn't a different color than his daughter, since it seemed like a missed opportunity to add a red or blue ranger. Fiora was really miscast, in my opinion, and her art is a little too generic anime for my liking. Leila is hype, though. I wonder if we get Nergal for GHB or Tempest Trials? 

• 2 weeks later...

Legendary Chrom is finally here, and he is STACKED. Lull Atk/Def and Def/Res Oath are two of the best skills for a defensive unit, and Chrom even adds Close Counter! 18 BST more than Brave Lucina, with Reposition instead of Swap. So he's more defensive, but he also has Pair Up. Which also means he's giving that skill to anyone you're pairing him with.

His base kit negates his penalties and the opponent's buffs, while giving himself +6 buffs in Atk/Def/Res and -9 Atk/Def to the opponent. Effectively that's 74 Atk with 49/40 defenses. Unfortunately that probably falls a bit short of many OHKOs and tanking potential, but good team support and positioning could help.

All that with a 180 BST Duel effect will make him the best Allegiance Battles unit ever. I was lucky enough to pull 4 in 180 orbs, despite only getting 3 NY Alfonses with 400+. I might be using at least one as fodder for another wall.

... Nice to see it only took a year for IS to introduce a Pair Up unit from a game that actually features pairing up...

Legendary Chrom gets his defensive buffs from Rouse Def/Res, not Oath. There's a lot of similar skills so it's understandable to mix those two up, Oath works differently and doesn't buff as effectively as Rouse.

I've been enjoying using the new Chrom. When Close Counter isn't necessary, I like replacing it with a Solo skill.

23 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I whaled hard on this banner aiming for Annette, Lysithea, and in particular Bernadetta and... got pity broken by Loki and Fallen Tiki... I got three Annette and one Lysithea but not getting my Bernie is killing me.

Oof, not being able to finish the set must sting. After spending a lot on Chrom, I'm back to hoarding because something tells me a Radiant Dawn set is coming. If it's the Dawn Brigade I'll need them all.

Pulled a -Atk Lysithea from one of my tickets.

Debating whether I should feed Death Blow 4 and Time's Pulse to MILF Summer Tiki...

DB4 replacing Fury 4 would improve her durability, but at the cost of her Speed...

Meanwhile, Time's Pulse might be a good replacement for Speed Tactic since out of the other members of Tiki Emblem, only Vanilla MILF is slower than her...