Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

3 hours ago, Ares said:

I, for one, welcome our new Valentia Day of Devotion overlords.

Conrad looks cute af but my orb count is bad, so can't summon.

Anyway, anniversary looks solid besides the pass and voting gauntlet. I really hope Altina wins F&V since I feel a free astra mythic is good for everyone.

I don’t mind some of the designs. Rudolf and the couple are cuuuuute. I’m still being a nag about why CYL ended up the way it did. 

7 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

These games SHOULD be P2W. People who pay more deserve to win more, because without them, this game wouldn't exist. The rest of us are just complaining about the results of labor we're not paying for anyway.

Even if you don't buy the Feh Pass, your units aren't going anywhere. They aren't impossibly outmatched either, with the stat boosts going to units who are already in the dust. As if there's even a big difference between 62 ATK and 64, 35 RES and 37.

Complain about the price and the whale bait--not the premium content which doesn't subtract from what you already have.

I'm complaining about the entire idea. If this was truly about making old units competitive again they wouldn't be asking for $10 a month. That avaricious price point tells us the whole story. Besides, I may have fixated on it, but the +2 to every stat isn't the point- it's only the beginning of what they'll do down the line.  The quality of life improvements notwithstanding, I don't want to see them increase it by +5 next time, or introduce exclusive powercrept skills locked behind a $10 per month wall. My core point is this: If Mario Kart Tour taught us anything it's that it won't stop here. I see no reason not to complain about it now. 

1 hour ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I don’t mind some of the designs. Rudolf and the couple are cuuuuute. I’m still being a nag about why CYL ended up the way it did. 

That what, CYL ended in a 3H sweep? I feel that was a foregone conclusion, and even if a lack of 3H content in feh contributed to that, recency bias and 3H just being relatively popular by itself would have let to similar results even with 3H banner spam. Nor do I feel IntSys is oblivious at all that 3H banners are in demand; I just figure they're getting their ducks in a row. For example, maybe they want CYL4 data to corroborate which units are popular, so the banners they are preparing don't just make money, but make all of the money. Basically, 3H will get plenty of content eventually, so I wouldn't fret about it.

Edited by Ares

Yeah I like the Valentine's banner this year too. I've been saying they should do a Valentia valentine's for awhile. Actually having a romantic alt for Alm/Celica is nice. My only complaint is they should have grabbed other characters with canon relationships. SoV is one of the few that actually has a bunch. Where is Clive and Mathilda the ultimate lovebirds? Or Mae/Boey, Gray/Claire or Saber/Saber's drink? 

Edited by Igneous42
1 hour ago, Igneous42 said:

Yeah I like the Valentine's banner this year too. I've been saying they should do a Valentia valentine's for awhile. Actually having a romantic alt for Alm/Celica is nice. My only complaint is they should have grabbed other characters with canon relationships. SoV is one of the few that actually has a bunch. Where is Clive and Mathilda the ultimate lovebirds? Or Mae/Boey, Gray/Claire of Saber/Saber's drink? 

Or Leon/Valbar?! I thought about hastagging this, but I don’t know their ship.

8 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

I'm complaining about the entire idea. If this was truly about making old units competitive again they wouldn't be asking for $10 a month. That avaricious price point tells us the whole story. Besides, I may have fixated on it, but the +2 to every stat isn't the point- it's only the beginning of what they'll do down the line.  The quality of life improvements notwithstanding, I don't want to see them increase it by +5 next time, or introduce exclusive powercrept skills locked behind a $10 per month wall. My core point is this: If Mario Kart Tour taught us anything it's that it won't stop here. I see no reason not to complain about it now. 

Counter-argument: If old units stayed top-tier forever, or could be un-crept for free, then there would be very little reason for players to pursue new content. You want the developer to keep giving you free stuff, but if they did, the game would stop being profitable. New content would slow to a drip and you wouldn't have a game to play at all. Isn't that far worse than Feh Pass?

6 hours ago, Ares said:

That what, CYL ended in a 3H sweep? I feel that was a foregone conclusion, and even if a lack of 3H content in feh contributed to that, recency bias and 3H just being relatively popular by itself would have let to similar results even with 3H banner spam. Nor do I feel IntSys is oblivious at all that 3H banners are in demand; I just figure they're getting their ducks in a row. For example, maybe they want CYL4 data to corroborate which units are popular, so the banners they are preparing don't just make money, but make all of the money. Basically, 3H will get plenty of content eventually, so I wouldn't fret about it.

CYL plays out basically the same way every time: People vote for characters who don't have enough alts yet, even though they're prime candidates for alts... and it turns out they had alts on the way regardless. But the general lack of 3H units so far is easily explained by IS just not having a well-planned timeline for FEH. There's such a mountain of evidence that they aren't properly lining up content releases for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Counter-argument: If old units stayed top-tier forever, or could be un-crept for free, then there would be very little reason for players to pursue new content. You want the developer to keep giving you free stuff, but if they did, the game would stop being profitable. New content would slow to a drip and you wouldn't have a game to play at all. Isn't that far worse than Feh Pass?

Agree to disagree there, friend. Heroes by its very nature encourages players to pursue new content. One of the core draws of the game is the endless influx of new and familiar characters from across the series, for which the game's primary currency is necessary. IS has leveraged this to extensive effect. Even when one has a competitively viable team, the gameplay loop encourages players to always be building another, and there are always new characters being added.

That said, I feel I should clarify that I don't expect free stuff to any greater extent than F2P orbs are currently available. I understand and agree that IS has to make money somehow. If the game wasn't profitable it wouldn't continue to receive support- I'm not contesting that. But I do reserve the right to disagree with exploitative or predatory monetization models, and I'm especially cynical about free-to-play and pay-to-win. I'll put it this way: They didn't make the decision to charge a monthly subscription fee because Heroes is doing poorly. Quite the opposite, my friend. :P

10 minutes ago, Alice Phantasma said:

ty4holb298f41.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

really love the fomo they are shoving down ya'll's throats here.

Oh, wow.

At first I was content to ignore the Pass users and just focus on the single-player modes, but if it's going to be that obnoxious about it to non-Pass users, then that's incredibly gross.

Eh, Feh Pass isn't appealing enough to me to get it but I personally don't find those changes to be a big deal (but yeah, I get that they're there to entice). Feh Pass includes a variety of features that add on to the game one way or another, and keeping them easy to miss or forget about wouldn't make sense. It's just a part of the game now, and its identity hasn't changed since it first came out. At least the UI adjustments are consistent with the menu's designs and easy on the eyes.

That said, the auto-start feature being a paid benefit is silly and makes them look bad no matter how you cut it. theydonothing;

15 minutes ago, Ares said:

The UI advertisements, like the fountain with unclaimed rewards and the auto-start reminder, really *really* annoy me.

Atm, I'm not spending $10/month on the pass, but know once they introduce a resplendent jugdrali, like Lachesis, I'll be weak and subscribe for a month and probably forget to unsubscribe.

The worst part is that I think a lot of us WOULD subscribe if the price wasn't 3x what we expected. With no reasonable offers, it's like they don't even want money from non-whales.

3 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

The worst part is that I think a lot of us WOULD subscribe if the price wasn't 3x what we expected. With no reasonable offers, it's like they don't even want money from non-whales.

Yeah, if it were like $4 per month, I'd honestly probably would subscribe. It's just I know I won't build Lyn or Cordelia, and without that, it's $10 for what? Some in-game resources via quests, QoL features, and two extra summoner supports? Eh.

Dark patterns are all-too-common in mobile games, particularly free-to-play mobile games, and the way the FEH has been implemented is a pretty textbook example of the psychological manipulation you can see in these titles.

These dark patterns are nothing new in FEH, and they're pretty par for the course for games like this, I just don't like seeing Nintendo being so in-your-face with it.