Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

608886523_Screenshot_20200128-1535342.thumb.png.9201b67efd1ff84942398b393df81268.png

My final ballot of choose your legends 4. Kind of women favouring admittedly but I'm still happy with my choices. A few picks just cause they were faves but the "midterm" results coming early this time influenced some of my choices. Really hoping Claude and Edelgard hold top two at least, Dorothea stealing second and Edel first would be the best results for me but I'm not holding my breath that Dorothea would be able to jump that much. Hilda would be even better but is even less likely.

After blowing all my Tempest orbs rolling for Tsubasa, I got pity broken by Fallen Berkut.

Determined to get any Hashtag Effie unit at all, I grabbed the rest of the orbs from that session and got Mamori. At +Def -Atk, her Nature cancels itself out, but at least it's a good base for a merge.

Good thing there aren't any Manaketes in Lif's banner!

No surprise there. The newest game gets the most hype.

More surprising is that apparently your tier level in Mjolnir's Strike has a big impact on your score. After going up two tiers last week, the score levels for my teams are now around 30 points higher.

Mythics get score boosts equal to +5 or +10 merges, but blessings won't affect scoring. Only the highest-scoring unit in a pair is counted (even if it's the rear ally). And like Arena, your maximum score is actually that of your opponents, while your own actual score is just used for matchmaking. Higher Strike tiers make stronger foes appear, thus there's some kind of curve we'll be fluctuating on as we move through the tiers.

You know there's something wrong with the system when Marth got more votes than Lysithea, but still lost, while Lysithea still won second place for women.

One possible solution for next year could be to give everyone two votes per day, but force them to pick one male and one female.

On a side note, the paralogue where you meet the winners this year is going to be really boring. Years 1-3 had the winners all come from different continuities, with the exception of Lyn and Roy, who were at least from different time periods. Thus, it was still interesting to see them interact with each other in Forging Bonds or those two-minute videos with them sitting around a campfire.

But this year, all four of the winners are from the same game. We've already seen them interact.

While I would appreciate a vote per gender everyday, it's always been the top two of each gender. Otherwise we'd have Tharja instead of Roy. 

Edit: added spoilers in case people are awaiting official results. 

I'm decently happy with the results though I could care less about Lysithea. I'll probably try to get all three Lords. Bring all three houses is a bit boring, but was predictable. It would have helped if a lot of the other students, at least the known super popular ones were at least added to the game prior to CYL though. I have to wonder how much not being in the game yet boosted some of them.

Edited by Igneous42

It would have been better if there was more 3H reps to begin with. This is why thy the CYL was mostly about units the game didn't have.  

Let's see... I'm sorry, but the Echoes, New Mystery, Genealogy, Thracia, and possibly the Sacred Stones new units could have waited after like Book V. They have enough as is, and I would have been fine if they postponed characters from those games. I mean, who gives a care about Norne, Altenna, Echidna, Kleif, and so on? (Prove me wrong with that ballot! Look how far those characters are in comparison!) They put in possibly garbage characters while not realizing they could have done better with the 3H game. LOOK HOW COLORFUL FELIX, DOROTHEA, AND LORENZ ARE! 

As for the paralogues, I'm pretty sure there's a certain event in 3H that would have given a lot of shine for the dancing ones, imagine Lysithea for Halloween, and there's a lot of Golden Deer that would have been amazing for the Christmas one, more than just Sothis. And when will there be Special Maps for the 3Hs characters?! 

The 3H game has so much units that are really amazing, that is sucks that we didn't get more. This CYL is a negative result of IS not giving us more. It's IS' fault for not providing more than just nine characters or whatever, and if we had gotten more 3H, then they wouldn't have been in this mess. This clearly shows how much everyone loves 3H right now. 

If you don't see why I complained about this when Echoes released, it's because I didn't care too much about the supporting cast. In fact, I just think it's meh. As for the #FE game... seriously, why did they have to be in this game? I know there's a good fanbase for that game, but they're currently ruining the game. That hammer girl's defense is too OP in Lunatic! 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Cool to see Heroes going pay to win. Suddenly if you aren't dropping a whopping $10 a month on it, all of your units are no longer competitive. I hate this.

I guess this speaks of the broader issue of Nintendo cannonballing into the pitfalls of mobile gaming with reckless abandon, using its mobile offerings to push the limits of what their base will tolerate. This wouldn't have flown with Iwata in charge. 

4 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

Cool to see Heroes going pay to win. Suddenly if you aren't dropping a whopping $10 a month on it, all of your units are no longer competitive. I hate this.

I guess this speaks of the broader issue of Nintendo cannonballing into the pitfalls of mobile gaming with reckless abandon, using its mobile offerings to push the limits of what their base will tolerate. This wouldn't have flown with Iwata in charge. 

to be fair, the units being upgraded are currently gen 1, and giving them that much stats is probably not going to break it.

But that's if they don't actually give it to good units like hector or something so its still garbage.

Last year went whole hog into p2w and now you have to pay every month for the good stuff on top of it. wonder how they'll make it even scummier next year.

6 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

These games SHOULD be P2W. People who pay more deserve to win more, because without them, this game wouldn't exist. The rest of us are just complaining about the results of labor we're not paying for anyway.

Even if you don't buy the Feh Pass, your units aren't going anywhere. They aren't impossibly outmatched either, with the stat boosts going to units who are already in the dust. As if there's even a big difference between 62 ATK and 64, 35 RES and 37.

Complain about the price and the whale bait--not the premium content which doesn't subtract from what you already have.

I'm fine with the pass giving you new units, but the QoL improvements being behind a paywall is too much. Even the worst P2W games don't keep those features locked away, sure you might only be able to skip battles only a certain amount of times but they aren't charging me for it.