Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

By the way, if anyone wants to try to take on my Jugdral themed team, feel free to add me:

GtQq24ll.jpg

(ignore my offensive building layout; it's temporarily rearranged so the team won't be affected).

My FEH name is Velthomer and my main character is a +10 Arvis.

Besides a rematch that doesn't account because lol glitches, no one this week has been able to win my map with a clean victory, so if you're looking for a fun map to do mock battles on, this might be one : ] . The image links you to an album that shows all the characters' movesets.

also i'm proud of the work I put into making a viable theme map and I like to show it off please understand

So now that Tiki Emblem is too big to fit in Aether Raids, I actually have an incentive to take my score seriously. Unfortunately, I'm a dumbass and am incapable of coming up with my own strategies without the aid of Gamepress.

I don't care about reaching Tier 21; I just want to hit 19 so I can unlock the final roster slot.

Pretty much the only thing I know is that I'll need Eir and Aversa, but I don't know what skills to give them. And I can't just rely on Gamepress because Gamepress is "bad".

5 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

So now that Tiki Emblem is too big to fit in Aether Raids, I actually have an incentive to take my score seriously. Unfortunately, I'm a dumbass and am incapable of coming up with my own strategies without the aid of Gamepress.

I don't care about reaching Tier 21; I just want to hit 19 so I can unlock the final roster slot.

Pretty much the only thing I know is that I'll need Eir and Aversa, but I don't know what skills to give them. And I can't just rely on Gamepress because Gamepress is "bad".

Gamepress is awful for AR, unfortunately :/

Edit: Dear Naga do I type a lot. I spoiler'd the original post, but I'll try to be more consise.

The thing about AR, is that you need a hard counter to everything. You can't know a priori what teams you'll face but the AR meta has more or less settled in such a way that you see the same archetypal teams over. The most common ones, imo, are:

• Infantry Pulse and Nuker Teams: basically, a bunch of ranged characters with nukes ready to go to pounce on you
  • Flier balls: A bunch of fliers who use flier formation to create some unpredictable shenanigans.
  • Armor blocks: a bunch of armors stand together with up to +16 def/res through ward armors and haha good luck doing damage
  • Lunge Teams: teams that tend to use firesweepers to lunge your character over their bolt trap, and use WoM to send nukers to your support units.

Broadly speaking, there are certain roles you want to fill, with each of your five offense teams tailored to what you need specifically. The most common AR offense archetypes you tend to fill are"

• Omegatank: Since a lot of nuke teams are about sending glass cannons hoping they kill you before they do. One strategy is to have a tank who simply is made to eat a lot of damage and kill in retaliation.
  • Vantage. Similar to omegatank, vantage users operate by killing enemies before they can even attack. When a map is amenable to vantage, it's the better strategy than omegatanking; however, Hardy Bearing, firesweep users, and wrazzle dazzle being a thing, so vantage isn't always an option.
  • Vantage archer for CC/flier: Typically your vantage unit will struggle with a particular kind of team, that being flier balls. Flier balls love to stack ward fliers, so your vanilla vantage unit unable to do enough damage. But an archer, using effective damage, can punch through. Leon and Jamke are your best choices.
  • Drivebot: Drivebots are units that provide "in-combat" stats--but especially def/res--to your units. Atk/spd are nice, but prioritize def/res always!
  • Cleanupper: The reality is, although the turn you engage the enemy is the scariest, the turn afterwards can be problematic. A cleanupper's job is to remove any threats that didn't die in that first engagement. Eir fits this role naturally enough
  • Healer: You will need some form of healing. Thankfully, this can be done by an offense building (namely, the healing tower O), but I find passive healing from Eir's sparkling boost and Reyson's weapon to the best.
  • Dancer: You'll need a dancer. Dancers help. A lot.
  • Armor-breakers: At least one team needs a way to break through armors. Armor effective weapons help, but also since Svallin shield is a thing pain+/SB6 and double dancers arguably do more work.
  • Misc Support: Or really, Aversa. Aversa's great, but panic manor does her main job too.

In addition, make sure you have enough tactics (or L!Azura) to go around to fully buff. Hone/fortify skills aren't good unless you're at 55+ HP (65+ in light season) because Aversa is a thing. Make sure one unit has smite; smite is great for testing traps.

Spoiler

But some basics. 

• You have five teams. Use them. Get use to archetypal team comps, at T21+ (and I assume lower tiers) most teams tend to be:
    • Nuke central with Ophelia, Lilina, Alm, and friends.
    • Infantry Pulse team, which often overlaps on nuke central
    • Flier balls 
    • Armor blocks 
    • Lunge teams. 
  • Ideally you'd have a supertank to deal nukes, but Alm is the untankable(tm). For teams without Alm, I'd honestly expect your L!Tiki or F!Tiki is where to start. Give her a drivebot like M!Corrin or Kaden to support, fully buff her, and she'll appreciate skills to increase her visible resistance (fort def/res 3 is probably the best A skill you can offer). If she can tank precharged Ophelia, she can probably handle every ranged unit but Alm, Sonya, Merric (nuker Merric is a thing, yes), Deirdre, and Julia. 
    • Although dragon weakness is a thing, an advantage to dragons is they can access ward dragons. If you have spare grima's, pretty much any dragon can replace m Corrin. Ward stacking will make your life easier. 
    • Don't rely too much on your dragons though, anti-dragon and anti-armor is always a real threat. 
    • Among dragons, DC Myrrh is probably best green, nowi and liki are best blue, and don't even bother with red (but best is DC Garon since he avoids dragon weakness). All the colorless dragons are good. 
  • For flier balls, just use Jamke with CC/vantage if you still have Takumi. Your drivebot helps.
  • For armor balls, use dancers, a pain+ healer, and units with armor effectiveness. Idunn can probably just park herself in an armor ball most of the time and enjoy the suicide, but be weary of bold fighter.
  • Armors are generally terrible. Your supertank can be an armor, maybe a niche unit like Idunn for anti-armor balls, but infantry, fliers, and horses need to do a lot of work. 
    • F!Tiki, if she can reliably activate her C, is an exceptional. Armors struggle because of movement, but f!Tiki has a work around. 
  • For supertank strategies, have a cleanup unit. Eir is decent; I've had a lot of success with Tailtiu personally. 
  • Always give yourself access to passive healing. I *strongly* recommend Reyson, possibly over LAzura, for this reason alone. Healing tower (o) is an acceptable alternative. 
  • Vantage/counter is a great strategy. For teams without hardy bearing, firesweep, or wrazzle dazzle, a vantage / counter unit can sweep them. 
    • I've heard a highly invested og!Nino can sometimes tank Ophelia. This is huge, since Ophelia is the most common hardy bearing unit by far.
    • You can probably turn your highest attack dragon into a DC/Vantage unit. They'll benefit a lot from adaptive damage too, and lightning breath is cheap. 
  • Always engage as soon as possible. To avoid timing out. 
  • Surtr is a thing. He exists. Just slap axebreaker in Aversa and you're probably fine. 
  • Fully upgrade your ladder. Upgrade your offensive fort first. Only use offensive buildings if you need to. 
  • Light blessing and Eir bonys help. 

This is the offense team I used the past season. Team 1 is supertanking with Cecilia, team 2 is anti-IP with Witchy Wand, team 3 is anti-armor, team 4 is anti-flier, and team 5 uses Seliph and null C Disrupt for stopping lunge teams. Obviously, you don't have access to witchy wand or NCD, but feel free to copy ideas you see here. 

But, basically, try to figure out counters to the most common team archetypes and work around that. Supertanks, vantage--including a cc/vantage unit for fliers, drivebots, and supportive dancers are who I'd consider the most important characters. Aversa is good, I just don't use her I guess.

Edited by Ares

Merge Aversa, unless you want her fodder for someone else. 

You don't want to merge Eir because her light blessing effect. Basically, you get more lift if you have two Eir than you would with one, assuming all other units are light blessed. This is a fact that's only true for mythic heroes. 

Edited by Ares

I think it's just the persons accent. I can't think of a language that pronounces Zs in the middle of a name like that

I've heard people pronounce the Z in azure similarly. 

Edited by K

I think a Fire Emblem Warriors dialogue also pronounces "azure" it with a J sound. Kind of like how some people pronounce "pendulum" with a J sound--it just means they're a dumb person who's wrong.

Also, the new Corrin is a 173 BST infantry, and with just the effect of her weapon, she literally has 200 BST: 43/44/43/37/33.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, Tyranogre said:

Is it better to merge my Aversas, or to keep two clones of her at 5 stars?

I remember that you never want to merge Eir.

You want to not merge eir because 2 eir with everyone blessed gives you the ratings boost to get into the higher tiers, running 2 and all light blessing team means you get more points than you lose each deay in aether raids allowing you to blow off a back line.

As for all of Zora's advice I actually was able to get to tier 21 doing it failrly casually just having a slightly merged aversa, 2 eirs, a variable unit (usually the one on bonus but otherwise whoever) and a +10 fae with steady breath, distant def seal, and quick resposite. It might be harder to do that now with all the player phase units and counter units but you can probably still do it without it. It can get rough though since you may not climb every week and you only really climb on light blessing weeks.. you're aiming for 19 though which I believe is a heck of a lot easier than 21.

Edited by Alice Phantasma

This is the most random question either and I'm trying to find some confirmation. What is the pityrate increase for legendary heroes banner and hero fest banners? By pityrate increase, I mean the extra probability you get a focus unit.

I'm creating a spreadsheet of probabilities broken down with every feasible case (new four person banners, rerun three person banners, etc.), and I feel like the focus pityrate incres is not the usual 0.25% rate on legendary and hero fest banneers.

Edit: i found the information in gamepress' summon simulator of all things. Nvm.

Edited by Ares

The one on the right looks like a guy to me. They seem to have a shoulder cape thing going on that seems more fitting of a groom than a bride. I've seen a lot of people on Reddit say left looks like Fjorm and I can see it. It looks like you can even sort of make our her earings. Then again Though I'm usually terrible at guessing these so who knows. I'm a sucker for seasonals normally but I'm not even sure who I'd want to see on this banner. It doesn't usually take much for me to get excited for them granted the art is good and I at least decently like the character though so we'll see. 

Also, we should be getting a TT with them again right? Excited to see who the free unit is this time. Lately, my favorite unit was often the free one so curious to see if the trend continues. Though officially I guess the Picnic banner broke that since I was more excited about Lukas than Leo (I still liked getting Leo free). 

I guess I really need to play the Tellius games again because I didn't recognize Sigrun or Tanith. Once I googled Sigrun she kind of came back to me, but I literally don't remember Tanith at all. Even after looking at her artwork and portrait I just have no recollection of her role in the game. She looks nice though so that's cool. I think I played myself though, I said I'm a sucker for seasonals but this is probably the easiest seasonal skip for me in the history of the game. So that's a thing I guess. It works out though because I've never pulled Bride Lyn or Charlotte and have always wanted them so I'll probably just invest anything I would have into the new banner into getting them (then maybe Ninian if my luck is good). 

9 hours ago, Ares said:

so, let me get this straight... err gay.

Sanaki was simply the flower girl to Sigrun and Tanith's lesbian wedding? Am i reading into this correct?

To be fair, Sigrun is probably also just realizing that Tanith was a woman all along.

I'm not a fan of more no-context brides. But at least Pent and Louise get to join Marth, Caeda, and Charlotte in the "THIS ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE" club. Congrats to Swift Sparrow on its marriage to everyone in this event, though on principle I stay out of these.