Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I'm going to do something that... might be really pointless, but I don't care.

Right now, in AR, I'm holding T21 fairly well. However, because AR is a nasty piece of work, I do need to use non-Jugdral characters, notably Winter Cecilia has colorless tank extraordinaire and Kaden as buffer. However, when the Astra here is released, there's little point in trying to get high ranks unless I summon for it (I won't); and I'm already at one Eir with no desire to summon another. So I think, it's time to actually make defense teams consisting of mostly Jugdral units, with two allowances: bonus unit, and Eir.

Okay, so this isn't *completely* pointless. I don't like investing in my non-Jugdral units for the most part, but happy to give my Jugdral units whatever skills they desire. So having a group of units in AR I'm comfortable investing in is something. For example, GHB units often come with pretty solid skills; given those skills are finite without breaking the grail bank, Judgral units can have dibs on those units but but non-Judgrals can't.

This does mean I'm starting to plan now, and I am seriously considering some bonker sets: like raventome reinhardt (like it or not, reinhardt is far and away the only viable raventome user) and vantage* divine naga Julia because I'll need it to counter key threats (L!Alm and Ophelia, respectively).

So, I'm actually excited for this little project I'm about to embark on.

12 minutes ago, Ares said:

--> kaden is the main support, so he must always be with attack tactics. Clearly attack tactics on kaden is the way to go

--> out of legaults. Siegbert gets the axe

--> realize attack tactics doesn't give kaden himself a buff

whelp, siegbert died for nothing y;

Welcome to the club. theydonothing;

Fun similar story. I spent a bunch of orbs going for Nahlia on this banner because I really wanted Null C-Disrupt for my Spring Camilla. Most of you probably already see where I went wrong there because, for some asinine reason, Null C Disrupt only works on infantry. I managed to pull her, -atk/+res and got to the inherent skill screen before I realized that. I don't know why but I have never realized that skill is infantry only.  So that was a fun disappointing experience. The silver lining is Nahlia still has distant counter so my vanilla Camilla finally has DC which gives her a lot more flexibility. 

So, I'm going to do something drastic once blessed gardens ends. 

Over the next six months, I want to reduce my barracks to only two kinds of units:

• Jugdral units
  • F2P units. F2P meaning ghb, TT, daily hero battle hero l, or story reward hero
    • Exceptions allowed *only* for arena core members (currently Arvis, Reyson, and TBD buffbot). They need to be merged, so i need to rely on gacha. 

My reasoning isn't straightforward, but basically a lot of joy I've gotten out of Jugdral projects is focusing on how far you you can take a unit, rather than simply going with whoever is strong relative to their investment. And ideally, I could just ignore everyone but my Jugdral units, but I can't. Blessed gardens and AA require too many units, and flier / armor quests exist. Moreover, there's always been indecision with how to proceed with my non jugdral units. Flying Nino is good, but if I gave her bladetome+, will I regret that investment when jugdral gets a flier and they want acrobatics in B? And, if anyone I had was fair game for becoming my non jugdral core, e.g. for flier quests, who do I choose? 

So rather than wrangle with all this directly, using f2p units not only focuses on units to cut down on indecision, but using f2p units seriously sounds fun. It has the added perk of making every banner innately more exciting since as long as the free unit brings something unique to the f2p pool, I'll have something to get excited about. 

Blessed gardens ending is the final nail in the coffin, since I no longer have a pressing need to keep 48+ units. 

Edited by Ares
1 hour ago, Ares said:

Over the next six months, I want to reduce my barracks to only two kinds of units:

• Jugdral units
  • F2P units. F2P meaning ghb, TT, daily hero battle hero l, or story reward hero
    • Exceptions allowed *only* for arena core members (currently Arvis, Reyson, and TBD buffbot). They need to be merged, so i need to rely on gacha. 

My reasoning isn't straightforward, but basically a lot of joy I've gotten out of Jugdral projects is focusing on how far you you can take a unit, rather than simply going with whoever is strong relative to their investment. And ideally, I could just ignore everyone but my Jugdral units, but I can't. Blessed gardens and AA require too many units, and flier / armor quests exist. Moreover, there's always been indecision with how to proceed with my non jugdral units. Flying Nino is good, but if I gave her bladetome+, will I regret that investment when jugdral gets a flier and they want acrobatics in B? And, if anyone I had was fair game for becoming my non jugdral core, e.g. for flier quests, who do I choose? 

So rather than wrangle with all this directly, using f2p units not only focuses on units to cut down on indecision, but using f2p units seriously sounds fun. It has the added perk of making every banner innately more exciting since as long as the free unit brings something unique to the f2p pool, I'll have something to get excited about. 

Blessed gardens ending is the final nail in the coffin, since I no longer have a pressing need to keep 48+ units. 

You'll gain nothing by trashing your barracks.

If you want only a few units showing up in your list, you should favorite them and set the ordering to show those units first.

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

You'll gain nothing by trashing your barracks.

If you want only a few units showing up in your list, you should favorite them and set the ordering to show those units first.

The issue isn't the list is too long. Focusing on jugdral Emblem and making them as strong as possible and using them wherever possible (which, is not everywhere) has been my main goal in FEH. This has always put my non-jugdral 5* exclusives in an awkward spot: do I invest in them or use them for fodder?

Take S!Camilla for example. She's an amazing flier; I even have a very good IV (+spd -def) to make use of her. But when do I actually use her? I'll maybe bring her out occasionally for an arena assault when a blue tome flier is useful (which isn't often); she doesn't even really get to use her weapon's built in desperation. A very legitimate question is do I get more form S!Camilla by using her this way, or will I get more mileage by giving Ishtar a juice wave+/Escape Route set. Honestly? I feel I get more out of foddering S!Camilla to Ishtar than I do from just keeping S!Camilla, and this sort of situation appears time and time again. Like, the only units who I don't see any point in foddering are units like Sanaki, whose fodder can be found in 3/4 pool (but these units also have no reason to invest in them).

But I still need to invest in *something*. I'll always need decent armors and fliers for, say, bhb quests (Jugdral has plenty of horses and infantry). F2P units just seem like the perfect solution: they have almost no opportunity cost (want their fodder? just spend some grails), two of them are always AR bonuses and one of them (i.e. the newest one) is always an arena bonus, and figuring out how to make F2P units work without any premium (i.e. 5* unit exclusive) resources sounds fun. That's been the greatest joy of my Jugdral project: looking at units who really weren't made with prowess in mind and making something of them. It's satisfying putting thought into someone like Jamke and see his guard bow set works; by comparison, using someone broken like B!Hector is just... boring.

Edited by Ares
7 hours ago, Ares said:

• Jugdral units

I say if it makes you happy to do it go ahead. At this point I'm getting to the point where I don't want to launch the game anymore.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:52 AM, Alice Phantasma said:

I say if it makes you happy to do it go ahead. At this point I'm getting to the point where I don't want to launch the game anymore.

I've stopped doing grind quests, and it's made the game much more bearable.

These gacha games are designed to put hard limits on your progress and resources, based on how many days you've been playing for. If you don't finish your daily chores, that's progress that you'll lose forever as other players chug on ahead of you. That's the powerful psychological effect that gets you to complete these chores compulsively even when the rewards are minimal and inconsequential.

The healthy mindset is to be self-aware of this, and to convince yourself that you truly aren't missing out on anything meaningful. Collecting the 15 free daily feathers is a chore that sucks a little bit of fun and momentum out of the game, and it'd take you almost 4 years to get a single promotion out of it. So instead, I imagine it as killing off a 5* I wasn't going to use anyway, and in exchange I never have to worry about that chore again. Same with the Tenth Stratum quests--doing those would take around an hour or more, just for one Bartre. Or alternatively, would you release a Bartre to gain an hour back?

A lot of these tasks are designed to make you think about the game as much as possible, while giving you as little as possible in return. What's the lowest reward they can give you while still getting you to spend time with their product? It's typical predatory behavior for this genre.

tl;dr: Ignore tasks with lousy rewards. Make your life better.

I gave my Finn shell lance+ today. I have made summer Finn :3

But I'm actually wondering if shell lance+/fury/desperation is worth using firesweep/life and death/chill def. I'm trying out the shell lance+ to see how that works. As Finn gets more merges (and he is my next grail project, after Arvis who I'll finish sometime this week), he gets greater and greater flexibility with sets. Shell Lance+ seems like a good lance for him to use, since +2 stats on initiation is helpful.

So, it seems like the shortlist of the units I won't be foddering this month is as follows:

Spoiler

L!Azura

OG!Ceclia

F!Kana

SY!Tiki

S!Tana

S!Innes

L!Marth

Nephenee

B!Hector

B!Ephraim

Grima

B!Lyn

It mostly is an issue of weak fodder (e.g. Celica, S!Tana), important to AR atm (L!Azura and kaden), or no great recipient of fodder (E.g. the armors).

As for who's being thanosed this month (strikethrough indicates they've been foddered, asterisk means they've been turned into a combat manual):

Spoiler

W!Robin

S!Cordelia

B!Veronica

Gunnthra

B!celica

Karla

Sanaki

Hardin

W!Chrom

Rhajat

Innes

OG!Ike

YT!Olivia

S!Camilla

B!ike

Myrrh

SF!Nino

Zeligus

SM!Eirika

Tana

LA!Lyn

V!Roy

V!Ike*

Lugh*

Grey*

W!Lissa*

Ameila*

yes, i am turning Sanaki into feathers because I literally cannot imagine a better use for her.