Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

I'm confused. Does this mean Loli Tiki will no longer be a focus unit?

Young Tiki will not appear as on off focus 5* ("pitybreaker") on new seasonal and new heroes banners. 

For characters with x skill, VG, TT, new power, repeat seasonal, bhb, etc. young Tiki can appear as an off focus unit. 

Whether or not y!Tiki appears as a focus unit comes down to what rerun banner Intsys does, but i don't think her chances of appearing in a focus banner are hurt by yesterday's announcement. 

Edited by Ares

Like, on one hand fine, more beasts, yeah.

But also, if we have the same seasonals as last year, we have three new heroes banners until 3H new heroes hell begins (late july/early august/september is my guess) and like... uggh. And idk, so many banners have been get the beasts, new seasonals, or filler like adrift or onsen since November with Binding Blade being the exception and it really shows how late it is. Idk, I feel like this entire year has been one long wait. 

Edited by Ares

I don't care if Haar isn't the best flier in the world. I'm just happy one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters is in. And as a Grand Hero Battle character there's no risk of me losing out. I don't really play this thing competitively anyway. The art looks fantastic, and I'm looking forward to hearing his voice. ...Assuming he doesn't pronounce his name "Hair" or some such nonsense. 

Edited by Laclipsey

One of the most unanimously beloved characters in Fire Emblem history... and he's worse than a 3* launch unit., with no desirable skills to inherit, and a near-exact statline to another free unit who's so unused that I don't think I've ever fought against him. I repeat: the developers want this game to die.

11 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

...Assuming he doesn't pronounce his name "Hair" or some such nonsense. 

Well, considering recent trends...

Also: Base kit Lethe has 53 speed. Caineghis at long-range is 60/27/49/42.

Is there some point to this new style of Legendary Heroes that I'm not getting?

The Pair Up ability might make Allegiance Battles easier when they release in three weeks--but that's just a theory at this point. It brings nothing to the other modes it's usable in. And the "Legendary Effect" for blessed allies is still just HP+3, with no increase in arena scoring. Why bother? What's the point of his Legend status if he has no meaningful interaction with blessings?

8 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Is there some point to this new style of Legendary Heroes that I'm not getting?

The Pair Up ability might make Allegiance Battles easier when they release in three weeks--but that's just a theory at this point. It brings nothing to the other modes it's usable in. And the "Legendary Effect" for blessed allies is still just HP+3, with no increase in arena scoring. Why bother? What's the point of his Legend status if he has no meaningful interaction with blessings?

You score higher in allegiance battles with legendary heroes, since you can run multiple pair up options and theoretically have every color covered which equals more bonus points. The new legendary mechanics is a pay to win mechanic for the new mode, plain and simple. 

While there are questions about allegiance battles, such as how precisely score works, ranking determines how many dragonflowers you get so highly merges roy translates to more DFs.

Edited by Ares

I'm extra angry after realizing that Roy, who is our introduction to the Pair Up mechanic, in addition to being a "Legend" who can't give blessings, is very bad with the Pair Up mechanic. Human Virtue won't be able to power up his ally, and if Roy hides behind his ally for the opponent's turn, again, Human Virtue won't activate at all, nor will he get any other start-of-turn buffs. And Roy without buffs is pointless.

We know that character assets are produced months in advance, but aside from that, there really are not any signs that the developers plan ahead. Roy was not designed to work with Pair Up.

Anyway... Niles will love Distant Defense 4. But does anyone know if the Null Ranged effect ("neutralizes foe's bonuses") erases buffs that have been turned into debuffs by Panic? Because then it would actually be making the opponent stronger...

PS: I just realized that the transform effects for laguz are the same for all units of a movement type. All fliers get movement1. All infantries get crits. All cavalries get reverse Sturdy Blow 2.5. And all armors will be getting Distant Counter.