Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

I seem to be the only one on the forum here that is excited for Yune... :v

I'm actually really happy Yune is in the game. Not enough that I'll spend orbs on her, but between her and Duma it seems the mythic heroes are sticking to the mythic theme do seeing characters other than broken lord alt 4 actually makes me really curious about mythic heroes. 

As a testament to how lazy and negligent FEH's voice director(s) is/are, Yune's VA mispronounces both Yune and Ashera's names. And keep in mind that Yune's name is literally shouted in the opening scene of Radiant Dawn.

Add that to Sharena's name being mispronounced, and the fact that nearly every VA mispronounces every Japanese-inspired name (Ho-SHE-do, Be-RUK-a, Sa-KUR-a). Even the experienced VAs like Matt Mercer, who should know better. 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, Surge135 said:

I seem to be the only one on the forum here that is excited for Yune... :v

Delayed response but I'm super happy Yune's in the game. I've just been playing a lot less feh lately.

Its been good for me and I feel like my attitude to Feh's improved because of it. Except when I need to arena assault.

This might be a silly thing to say...

I kind of get a little sad whenever I see posts on reddit like "I just pulled a Lewyn, who should get special spiral?" Idk, it just feels kind of disheartening to see one of my favorite characters seen as nothing more than fodder by the fanbase at large. I get special spiral is an amazing skill and green mage infantry is a saturated class with characters like Nino, but, even if irrational, I do get a little sad.

20 minutes ago, Ares said:

This might be a silly thing to say...

I kind of get a little sad whenever I see posts on reddit like "I just pulled a Lewyn, who should get special spiral?" Idk, it just feels kind of disheartening to see one of my favorite characters seen as nothing more than fodder by the fanbase at large. I get special spiral is an amazing skill and green mage infantry is a saturated class with characters like Nino, but, even if irrational, I do get a little sad.

I made it a point to keep at least one Lewyn to raise up to 40 even though I foddered off my first one because he had a shitty nature.

I got an Eir while trying to summon Yune, so now I'm netting +165 lift on a perfect raid with my team of Devoted Ike, Titania, Legendary Azura, my +5 Eir, and my new second Eir. Should I not have too many offensive raids where I lose a unit or two, I should finally break in to Tier 21

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

I got an Eir while trying to summon Yune, so now I'm netting +165 lift on a perfect raid with my team of Devoted Ike, Titania, Legendary Azura, my +5 Eir, and my new second Eir. Should I not have too many offensive raids where I lose a unit or two, I should finally break in to Tier 21

If you get Yune, you're basically guaranteed. Build a team out of dark blessings and on-season Legends and you save 25 lift on each loss. The maximum (2 Yunes, 4 allies) is -40 lift. Or you can get both of those Yunes to +10 and never lose more than 20 lift per loss.

Wow, so Gen 1's 5* exclusives will no longer appear in summoning events featuring new or seasonal units. That's... not the greatest way to handle this. None of them are being demoted, and many of them are still really valuable (Hector, Takumi, Braves, Nephenee, Saber, etc). Then the Gen 2 4*s get knocked down to the 3-4* level, so they're no longer pitybreakers.

I'm already sick of the new Allegiance Battle mode. Pairing up is a great mechanic, but... fuck bonus kills. Are you reading this, IS? FUCK BONUS KILLS. That change single-handedly killed Arena mode. And now it's back for Allegiance Battle. All of your kills must be on color advantage, and two of them must come from your paired units. Not as brutal as Arena requiring 4 kills with the bonus unit, but still. This mode is already no fun.

If I'm hearing this right, Allegiance Mode gives you a wildcard pair-up with someone on your friends list. But you can get an additional pair by using Legendary Roy, who will also let you use this mechanic in story chapters (but NOT in Chain Challenges, etc). But again, this means all of your Allegiance Battle kills need to come from Roy's pair and your wildcard pair, and you need to hope that your random friend unit for that second pair doesn't overlap with the three colors you already have down, or you can't get max points.

Ugh... If "Intelligent" Systems had a skill, it would be Sabotage Self 4, because that's all they've been doing lately.

Anyway, if anyone needs a good friend unit, my Niles is only +8 so he won't be getting you the highest of scores, but he's the reason why I'm in the top 500 for Aether Raids: 9654016547

The issue with the summoning pull change is intsys is being coy what the problem is. Yes, gen 1 pitybreakers were disappointing more time than not, and mass demotion would fix that. But that was never the main issue; the main issue is the 3/4 pool is stagnant; ffs Reyson has been the only addition to that pool in the last six months. 

Mass demotion would have killed two birds with one stone; they just killed the bird that didn't really need killing. 

The other frustration is we all know how it'll end. Intsys will need to mass demote in order to keep the 3/4 pool fresh and probably split the 3/4 pool to keep it from getting bloated. Like, their bottom line isn't going to be hurt if Luke, Mist, or Lyn enter the 3/4 pool (if anything it'll improve), so they just delayed the inevitable and this move honestly felt like they're going to pretend there isn't a big issue with the 3/4 pool when there is. 

Edited by Ares