Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

On 3/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Tyranogre said:

This reminds me of a Youtuber who made an hour and a half-long video about how the Fire Emblem wiki was wrong, when he could have just edited the wiki to make it right.

Why don’t you just make a Gamepress account and explain to them why the tier list is wrong?

Missed this. I've chatted with a GamePress writer once, about a character with a unique tank statline who they were recommending to run as a standard aggro striker.  You know, in the way that they always recommend the same sets for all units of a certain class regardless of the unit's individual nuances. They were stubborn and didn't really consider what I was saying.

I don't even bother looking at their skill suggestions anymore. Are they still telling us to put Fury on defensive units? I can grind up even the chunkiest Nowis at a triangle disadvantage when an idiot puts Fury on her.

Putting Fury on tanks feels like something that looks great on a damage calculator but is awful in practice. 

Anyway, will almost surely stay parked in T21 this week. I realize I do better when I run my Jugdral units instead of running theory craft sets to counter AR threats. I think it's because I use these units often I have a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses so don't need to think as hard. 

1 hour ago, Ares said:

Putting Fury on tanks feels like something that looks great on a damage calculator but is awful in practice. 

Anyway, will almost surely stay parked in T21 this week. I realize I do better when I run my Jugdral units instead of running theory craft sets to counter AR threats. I think it's because I use these units often I have a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses so don't need to think as hard. 

I've decided I'll be joining you in Tier 21 this week. I trained up my second Eir and finally got through to myself that I'm not going to run out of Light Blessings. Or any Blessings. So now I get +160 lift per battle, and I've come up with a unique defense setup that's already racking up wins.

Instead of focusing my entire team on one strategy, I'm using a bit of everything. A retreating choke point setup in one corner (Eir/Veronica/Niles), a WoM nuke behind them (dancer Micaiah), a melee cav with field debuffing (Selkie, also in the cluster)... and in the other corner, Surtr, in such a position that your nearby teammates won't have anything to hide behind if my other units start moving. Niles in particular is killing everything he doubles (with 40 speed + Darting Blow, and Cancel Affinity). Anyone who saves Surtr for last gets timed out, so you have to free him. Almost nobody reaches the aether reserves.

Maybe I'm going to hell for using Eir/Surtr/Veronica/Micaiah, but I think Selkie, Niles, and the original setup atone for that sin.

26 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

How do you do that? I have a +5 Eir and only then on a Light season and Eir bonus unit week can I get up to +135 lift per battle

He has two Eir. 

Extra lift gained from mythic heroes during light (Astra) season is: 10 x "number of mythic heroes with light (Astra) blessings" x "number of light (Astra) blessed mythic heroes" + "number of merges on light (Astra) mythic hero." 

Having two unmerged Eir is *always* better than one merged Eir. 

Edited by Ares
23 minutes ago, Ares said:

Having two unmerged Eir is *always* better than one merged Eir. 

Which really, really mega sucks for people who have merged their Eirs. I was just holding onto my spare until thinking of a good Mystic Boost inheritor. But she'll be available in another monthly event soon enough, right?

It's the same concept as how the best way to score in Arena isn't by using 1 Legendary + 3 Blessings. It's actually 2 Legendaries + 2 Blessings, so each of those normal units get blessed twice. You go from 3 total blessings (1 x 3) to 4 (2 x 2).

3 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Which really, really mega sucks for people who have merged their Eirs. I was just holding onto my spare until thinking of a good Mystic Boost inheritor. But she'll be available in another monthly event soon enough, right?

It's the same concept as how the best way to score in Arena isn't by using 1 Legendary + 3 Blessings. It's actually 2 Legendaries + 2 Blessings, so each of those normal units get blessed twice. You go from 3 total blessings (1 x 3) to 4 (2 x 2).

Eir returns this month on the Mythic Hero banner. 

I booked my second Eir so whoopsie y;

Spent almost all my orbs trying to get Bruno. Got pity broken 4 times before I pulled him. Twice on non colorless rounds by Palla and Marisa, twice by other colorless units (Sothe, Mikoto) 

At least the rerun of the previous spring banner gave me a bunny Alfonse on my free pull, whom I missed out on last year. 

Edited by Ferry
16 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Wait, where are the 2017 bunnies?

MIA. 

Per datamine, there are slot for two more banners beside spring 2, spring 3, BHB banner, and bonds banner. Spring 1 might rerun at a later date, but if the next VG has two associated banners (it has at least one per calendar), then the earliest spring 1 will rerun be is after the mythic banner. Spring 1 was end of March, so if spring 1 reruns at a time similar to 2017, post mythic banner doesn't seem like an unreasonable possibility. 

My own bet I'd they're not rerunning at all. If that's the case, I'm hoping whatever new mode is associated with Leroy has year 1 seasonals as rewards - - festive grails? 

Edited by Ares
4 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I can't decide whether I should be upset that year 1 seasonals are gone, or relieved that I won't have to worry about two simultaneous Summer banners to draw Tikis from. theydonothing;

I mean, we won't know for sure until the Mythic Hero update next week. We really have no idea how they're going to handle spring 1 seasonals. 

I hate to complain, but it seems they've really left free players out in the rain. I haven't pulled a focus unit since the Radiant Dawn Laguz banner. I keep pulling Henry and Barst. And my dwindling orb supply is kept on a drip feed without Tempest Trials and - as much as I hated it- Tap Battle. Is there any indication the orb drought is going to continue? 

I want Idunn. 

1 hour ago, Laclipsey said:

I hate to complain, but it seems they've really left free players out in the rain. I haven't pulled a focus unit since the Radiant Dawn Laguz banner. I keep pulling Henry and Barst. And my dwindling orb supply is kept on a drip feed without Tempest Trials and - as much as I hated it- Tap Battle. Is there any indication the orb drought is going to continue? 

I want Idunn. 

There really isn't an orb drought. Even though the past month has dipped, we're still getting more orbs than at almost any other point. It's really only gone up. Even moreso if you count free summon tickets as 5 orbs, and free summons in general. Free players are still getting lots of good units even if you aren't lucky enough to get a new focus--we're getting so much more than we ever have.

That said, are you color sniping when you summon? You're also less likely to get the unit you want with a focus of four rather than three. (For all the hate Surtr/Ylgr got, they were the easiest focus units ever released.)

6 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I can't decide whether I should be upset that year 1 seasonals are gone, or relieved that I won't have to worry about two simultaneous Summer banners to draw Tikis from. theydonothing;

I'm kind of the same, I really want more merges for Spring Camilla, but if I don't have to have her compete with this month's Mythic banner (assuming the two chars I think will be on it are) that's good.