Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Let us take a moment to mourn the passing of Kliff, whose sudden sacrifice was not in vein, for I hath created the anti-Ophelianator Mach 1.

Because jfc tier 21 is ophelia's everywhere hidingkong;

Spoiler

KBhM9rjl.jpg

I'll give her attack smoke once I get a kaze to kill and a light blessing on Tuesday when we presumably get another one. But she's going to be great.

And yes, during light season she gets 50 visible resistance; 56 with a buff.

Edited by Ares

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b2048j/gamepress_offense_tier_list_march_16th_update_and/

Did you notice? Previously dubbed the Arena Offense Tier List, we've renamed the page to the Offense Tier List. This is to reflect the fact that we've expanded the scope of the list to cover Aether Raids, as well as general play.

-->says tier list is viable for AR

-->places armors near the top

Tier List for reference:

Spoiler

full-size-mar-14.jpg

I'd write something say that arena/AR/PvE have such different needs that using one tier list isn't sufficient (even for AR, offense and defense should be tiered seperately) but I feel they know that, just didn't want to put the effort. And like, their tier list is clearly biased towards arena, but an arena that doesn't actively consider how "extra points from bonus unit kills" favors cheerleading meta. It's just... I don't even know who honestly benefits from this tier list. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Edited by Ares

I'm terrible at guessing these, think the only one I've ever guessed right was Summer Camilla, and that's only because anyone familiar with her Beach Brawl art recognized it was a similar looking glass she was holding. But I saw Micaiah and Zelgius when I first looked at it. I dunno if they'd actually do another Tellius seasonal so soon though. Also why the right one looked like Zelgius to me I couldn't say I guess the hair kind of looks like his? I'm probably way off as normal but we'll see. 

The spring units have always been weird. I'm not a huge fan of the theme but for the last two, there was one character I really wanted from the bunch. It will be interesting to see if that tradition continues or if I will want to skip it this year. Wouldn't mind if I could skip it as the end of this month is gonna be rough for my orbs regardless. Merges for Spring Camilla and possibly Adrift Camilla and Halloween Kagero are going to probably destroy my Orb stash. 

13 hours ago, Ares said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b2048j/gamepress_offense_tier_list_march_16th_update_and/

-->says tier list is viable for AR

-->places armors near the top

Tier List for reference:

Hide contents

full-size-mar-14.jpg

I'd write something say that arena/AR/PvE have such different needs that using one tier list isn't sufficient (even for AR, offense and defense should be tiered seperately) but I feel they know that, just didn't want to put the effort. And like, their tier list is clearly biased towards arena, but an arena that doesn't actively consider how "extra points from bonus unit kills" favors cheerleading meta. It's just... I don't even know who honestly benefits from this tier list. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Niles, probably the single greatest anti-magic non-armor in the game, still tier 6 out of 8. Okay, GamePress. And Corrin, whose weapon refine alone makes him one of the best support units in the game, is also on the same level as Gray and Maria.

And somehow, even after getting triple Brazen, they think Alfonse is even worse than Hinata?

Edited by Destiny Hero
4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Niles, probably the single greatest anti-magic non-armor in the game, still tier 6 out of 8. Okay, GamePress. And Corrin, whose weapon refine alone makes him one of the best support units in the game, is also on the same level as Gray and Maria.

And somehow, even after getting triple Brazen, they think Alfonse is even worse than Hinata?

The bigger issue is that they're looking at 1v1 damage calculations which not only ignores the fact positioning is a huge portion of the game, but cuts away too much gameplay to the point of being meaningless. Like Bladetome Cecilia is better at killing than TA3/Raven Cecilia is, but we all use the latter anyway because it walls the most important units. But GamePress sets trying to optimize number of kills on a damage calculator is business as usual, so not sure what I expected.

I suppose my frustration is a resource that'd be very useful is something like a tier list that was better at guiding new players. GamePress' tier list is what most people will google and rely upon, and the more divorced it is from how the game actually is played the more damage control needs to be done. 

Edited by Ares
1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

This reminds me of a Youtuber who made an hour and a half-long video about how the Fire Emblem wiki was wrong, when he could have just edited the wiki to make it right.

Why don’t you just make a Gamepress account and explain to them why the tier list is wrong?

Err... 

GamePress isn't a wiki. They asked for feedback in the reddit thread I listed but anything worth mentioning has already been said. So... Dunno what I can do y;

Rabbits are here. Pretty easy skip on the banner itself for me (other than maybe wanting Bruno for Dazzling Staff...) but free Loki has me hyped. Especially because's she's a flying archer which is pretty unique. Don't know what happened since Halloween Kagero, apparently IS thought it got enough of my money because since Winter my favorite character on the seasonal banners has been the free one, with valentine's as a bit of an exception because I would have really wanted Ike and Titania but didn't have to worry about trying to pull both, so still kind of counts even though Ike did eat up some of my stash. Still instills the fear in me that there is going to be some banner soon where my favorite will be a banner unit and it'll color share or something and my luck will be brutal.

Spring Bruno... yep, the developers really are just fucking with us at this point.

Conor Kelly is by far the best VA in this game, because she just talks like a normal fuckin person. Not a chipmunk waifu. Not a moaning sex slave. Completely natural. That said, though, this set is a hard pass from me.

Also, Spring Loki's art. If Loki really was a shapeshifter trying to distract me, she's pretty fucking bad at it.

2 hours ago, Alice Phantasma said:

I'm okay with loki's art except for her damaged pose. Its distracting not 'sexy'.

Agreed, I actually like her neutral art specifically pretty well, but the damaged art isn't great. I definitely prefer her original artist/art more but I like the spring ones colors a lot.