Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

So uhh, this Cecilia build

Spoiler

6WgTEyy_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Can do this with Kaden support and occasional ploy boy support:

xEWT99J_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'm not ready to kill off Kliff yet. H Jakob is the only character she has a particularly bad matchup with, but only because of Ignis. And yes, that is a precharged Ophelia doing a measly 4 damage. 

I'll probably give panic ploy to someone else. 

Details of enemy units 

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST 
Ophelia (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Missiletainn 
Special: Blazing Light 
A: Death Blow 4 
B: Chill Res 3 

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Mulagir 
Special: Draconic Aura 
A: Swift Sparrow 2 
B: Sacae's Blessing 
C: Atk Smoke 3 
S: Attack 3 

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Brave Bow+ 
Special: Ignis 
A: Atk Def Solo 3 
B: Bold Fighter 3 
S: Attack 3 

Lewyn (5*) 
Weapon: Forseti 
Special: Moonbow 
A: Life and Death 3 
B: Special Spiral 3 
C: Odd Atk Wave 3 
S: Flashing Blade 3 

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Dire Thunder 
B: Vantage 3 
C: Goad Cavalry 
S: Quickened Pulse 

Nino (SF) (5*+10 +spd) 
Weapon: Giga Excalibur 
A: Swift Sparrow 2 
B: Aerobatics 3 
C: Spd Smoke 3 
S: Atk Spd 2 

Lilina (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Forblaze 
Special: Growing Flame 
C: Spur Atk 3 
Upgrade Path: 1 

Azura (VS) (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Prayer Wheel 
A: Life and Death 3 
B: Aerobatics 3 
C: Atk Tactic 3 
S: Atk Spd 2 

Nino (5*+10 +atk) 
Weapon: Iris's Tome 
A: Fury 4 
B: Desperation 3 
C: Even Spd Wave 3 
S: Flashing Blade 3 
Upgrade Path: 5 

Kaden support. Will probably change assist. 

Spoiler

UvFkpQc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Ares
6 hours ago, Ares said:

No heroes denoted from fates beast. smirk2;

... Oof.

I was up 20 minutes before the reset debating whether I should try putting my 150 orbs into merges for V-Ike, but nah, not worth it for a few possible arena points when armors are bad supporters anyway. So then I thought, what about Keaton? Mine has a superboon for 42 DEF, but it's that ATK stat that's really important. If I got a +ATK Keaton, his damage output with Glimmer would increase by 10. But there's no way I would ever get another Keaton, and get him with the right boon...

... FIrst summoning circle, along with Selkie.

A fitting end to what was a pretty good day.

Although now I wish I'd gone for Kaden as well.

I'm tweaking my AR defense because while my last defense was very solid at getting at least one or two kill (although, it's gotten weaker over time--i think because level 4 offense fortresses are more common), I really really want a defense that only use my Jugdral units.

This is my current rendition of the my AR defense (please ignore Eir, Deirdre, and other units in the bottom). Arvis doesn't serve any purpose other than I think he's cool. Nanna is also my first instance of restore trap shenanigans; if someone isn't careful, she might be able to snipe a unit for free. It's the one time you're glad healers are bloodthirsty killers instead of doing their job.

People are overreacting. Losing the monthly quest for 5 orbs is bad, but not the apocalypse.

Tap Battle didn't lose much and everyone hates it anyway. This Tap Battle event is a rerun, which seems to have a different reward structure.

People hated having to play through Tap Battle for its rewards. Now Tap Battle is going away and we hate that too. It seems the player base is going to scream no matter what IS does, even raising hell for being given three 5* units for free. So I'm gonna take my 700,000 feathers and build up a Klein for the arena because he's cute and I need points.

Like, on one hand, yes it's 19 orbs (14 orbs compared to January's tap battle, 5 orbs compared to previous months' monthly quests), and I don't think many of us are in a situation where we're going to spend additional money an on orb pack to compensate for 19 less f2p orbs. I mean, sure, whales might buy an additional orb pack but likely they'd buy a special $30 orb pack with a free copy of Aversa or something, so it isn't like shaving f2p orbs is the only way to get whalebucks. But like, if we take for granted no one is going to spend additional money for 19 orbs, then what is IntSys hoping to achieve from removing less f2p orbs? It strikes me as more than a little desperate.

For myself, all this will do is make me more stingy with orbs. Where I might have yolo'd on the valentines banner got a vike, or spent some extra orbs to get HS!Sakura so Nanna could be Ares' cheerleader or Fury 4 so Arvis could more fuirous--I'm less likely to do stuff like that now. Because my question is when are they going to stop shaving orbs? What will the f2p economy look like then? And if this moves backfires, which is almost surely will, what happens next? That's where my concern over tap battle and monthly f2p orbs being shaved is coming from.

So, there's a very good chance I can get into T21 tomorrow. I'm 180 lift away from T21 and get two fights tomorrow. Even if I get a full -80 loss, as long as I get two clean fights tomorrow (well, I can lose one unit), I promote.

if not, no biggie. Arvis week is when I was planning to take a jump but if I get it now, great.

If I do get into T21 make a Hall of Fehme imgur post commemorating all my precious heroes who made this possible.

Edited by Ares

So anyway, I want to begin by talking about my relationship with aether raids and why getting tier 21 is a big deal. I want to take this time to simply acknowledge some units who helped me along the way. Is this a silly thing to do? Probably, but I’m a silly person so we’re doing this.

I jumped into Aether Raids early because the main prize—the grails—were the ticket ot +10ing my favorite unit: Arvis. He will one day be +10 ploy boy. The mode has been… a frustrating experience. Trying to do well in this mode without diverting too many resources into units only for AR (e.g. not summoning Lazura) actually proved difficult. So the fact I was able to do this feels… well, it feels relieving.

Before getting to deep, it’s important to remember that I focus almost exclusively on Jugdral units. While I’m fine breaking out the non-Jugdral character for something as bullshitty as AR, in general I only summon and use resources (except feathers and the occasional pitybreaker fodder) for my Jugdral units. This also means that my Jugdral units have a lot of investment, so they tend to be my best units anyway.

My final set of teams for this past week consistent of these units:

Spoiler

G1ltx0nl.jpg?1

ZP3gb8Bl.jpg

dtnVtnRl.jpg

J2X4hL9l.jpg

u2g6twgl.jpg

~The AR Offense Hall of Fehme~

Julius

Spoiler

CIn0p6Ol.jpg

Julius is one of my original core members, although he has since retired. He’s an interesting mages in that his distant def 9 set—remembering that Loptous is functionally a red serpent tome—makes it difficult for any mage to hit him. Sadly, one of the most common units—Ophelia--can murder him so he eventually lost his charm. But having a mage who fears almost no other helped a lot in the early mage-dominaed meta.

Julius was one of my first light blessed heroes. Yes, i know, scion of darkness as a light blessed hero is very funny.

Cecilia

Spoiler

E0wHtxMl.jpg

Cecilia is simply one of the best units. Pardon my awful IV; I 5* Cecilia a long time ago when she was my lone one and haven’t fixed her flaw. But she’s able to handle so much of the AR meta that, until people learned to include a Lilina on a team, she could single-handly destroy aether bases. Like Julius, counters became too common that I eventually retired her but she is fantastic. And she’s still great, just not able to solo entire bases like she once could great. The main reason I retired her is that Deirdre and Julia were able to do a lot of what she was able to do, but provide more interesting utility.

Hoshidan Summer “Dancer” Micaiah

Spoiler

LKDX58Xl.jpg

Are you troubled by strange HP drainage in the corner of a defense? Do you experience a dread staring onto a menace? Have you or your family seen an axe armor, wary and broken? Well, hire the professional Surtr-buster. Micaiah is arguably the single most useful dancer in AR. While L!Azura is functionally a better dancer, higher tiers demand light blessed units so Azura is only usable when water and light season overlap. So, among dancers, Reyson/Leanne are Micaiah's only serious competition. I had a Micaiah (with the perfect flaw/asset too), and she became a very early staple of my teams. Sadly, I’m slowly phasing out Micaiah for Silvia, whose high HP/res offers important ploy utility as Surtr becomes less of an issue.

Jamke:

Spoiler

FOS98rkl.jpg

Jamke is not a unit I expected to be useful. But with the addition of Eir and physical ranged units increasing in popularity, he became an invaluable unit to include on one team. Atk/Def Solo, Guard Bow+, and attack smoke 3 made him very durable (he’d have gotten DD3, but someone else was always using it). I want to eventually give him a close counter-vantage build to solo flier teams, but that’s a future project and requires 20k feathers and sacrificing my 4* critumi.

Eir, my only one:

Spoiler

kHQ71Qhl.jpg

Eir is… Eir. Lyfjaberg and her default A give her swift sparrow 4, and mystic boost 3 synergizes very well with her weapon. As I started to use more infantry, Guidance 2 became a very nice skill to rely on. Her C skill was eventually replaced with attack smoke since sparkling boost interfered with units who prefered to be in low HP range, such as Tailtiu. Smite was added because Smite is an invaluable skill in AR, and since Eir was always on a team per being a defense unit, she was the best smiter.

And yes, I did get into tier 21 with only one Eir. I had second Eir once, was going to use her for mystic boost fodder, I was. So I booked her so I wouldn't fodder off my netural Eir and live to regret it. Ama.

Ethlyn:

Spoiler

x6iseCVl.jpg

Armors are interesting in AR. They are strictly terrible on AR defense, but armor block teams succeed because they are a check on if you have the right units. And a pain+ healer is the unit you need. Ethlyn usually pain’s as many armors are possible while dancers help her dance. Any pain+ healer works, but Ethlyn is the one I developed for this so I decided to use her.

Flylivia:

Spoiler

NeAOG8nl.jpg

Flylivia didn’t see much use. She’s my best dancer generally, and because anti-armor teams functioned well with Ethlyn, she was there to provide a second dancer. In general, if I do use a dancer, I use Micaiah but when I need a second dancer Olivia flies in.

Finn:

Spoiler

QV7yjbrl.jpg

Another unit added for anti-armor offense, but ended up becoming more useful than I realized. Finn is a firesweep lancer. He is far from the best—honestly pretty middling—but because he’s the one invested into already, he’s the one I had. A firesweeper is great for picking up clutch kills, and I even theorycrafted a galeforce set I never got a chance to try out. Later, his chill def and goad cavarly became invaluable tools for another one of my teammmates. Finn didn’t see much action this week, sadly, because he doesn’t have a light blessing so Tailtiu stepped in.

Tailtiu:

Spoiler

tYhIkDBl.jpg

because sometime you’re too cool for Reinhardt. She’s functinally similar to reinhardt but has a resistance stat that isn’t complete toss (especially with Eir's light blessing effect). Once she gets into desperation range beware, this friege girl will treat any enemy she comes across like they’re Hilda in the flesh.

Deirdre/Julia:

Spoiler

ILdNnsYl.jpgceBQKQ8l.jpg

I’m combining these two units because they play similar roles. AR is, for the most part, an enemy phase game. Divine Naga I feel is better for dull ranged, but I never quite found who functioned the best. In either case, they’re high resistance green mages who like to bait other mages and/or dragons. They can also use their effective damage to kill stray dragons, which aren’t terribly common.

Saias:

Spoiler

Eds36cJl.jpg

Saias eventually replaced Julius. Because Ophelia was becoming too much a problem and teams were often better prepared to handle green units like Cecilia, I settled for blue (before theorycrafting a colorless wall). Saias and Julius are functionally the same. He pairs very well with Kaden, especially since his speed isn't completely toss, to become an omega resistance tank.

Half thinking of giving him Mystic Boost 3 from my Eir combat manual.

Edit: I realize saias and kaden aren't on the same team; I tried to limit my non-light blessed units as much as possible. Saias can handle almost anything except maybe Ophelia, so Kaden is a nice bonus. During non-light seasons, they're best buds.

Kaden:

Spoiler

2FGKM5kl.jpg

Kaden is one of the most recent additions in AR and a beautiful and gorgeous buffbot. He can shove Saias, and Saias gets +15 res/spd making Saias much more valuable. Ideally, I’ll give him atk/res link from a V!Titania one day but I don’t have the heart to kill my only remaining valentine’s mom and my grails are otherwise being diverted into Arvis.

Arvis:

Spoiler

YAW72Vbl.jpg

Somewhat ironically, despite being my entire raison d’etre for this mode, Arvis only started seeing use this week. Arvis is a ploy boy: he can hit almost anyone with a debuff. This isn’t as handy as it sounds—rally traps, for example, are how most critical units engage combat and dancing remove buffs. But nevertheless, ploying became useful that I started using him more.

Nanna:

Spoiler

GlkVpQql.jpg

Nanna became my go to healer because she’s the best Jugdral healer. No, seriously, there isn’t much more than that. Although I originally included her for her witchy wand utility (she ate hmia), WW became a little too unreliable and gimmicky and decided to give her grandscratcher. Now this thing is amazing, as it targets Ares, who is the next unit…

Ares:

Spoiler

CnaAeDUl.jpg

If there is one unit I can attribute to getting into tier 21, it’s this guy. Boy howdy. Now Ares has a few counters in AR: Veronica, Blyn, and hardy bearing units (esp. ophelia) to name a few. But clear them out or remove them, simply get him in vantage range and reduce his cooldown to 2, and watch the sparks fly. Vantage range is easy: step on a bolt trap. Getting the cooldown to 2 is hard, since most units in AR are ranged. But grandscratcher gave him a cooldown, so Ares only had to attack one unit (regardless of they could hit back) to get going. And then the fireworks flew.

Since I was actually planning to make the jump to T21 in two weeks with Arvis as a bonus unit, there are still a few feather-intensive but orb/grail-free projects that were in the works that I'd probably finish off. These include W!Cecilia, WT!Olwen, Silivia, and Leif which only require feathers and/or sacred coins to finish their projects.

Edited by Ares