Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

So... I'm looking into the fustercluck, and apparently Roy really does give no blessing bonus aside from HP+3. The 175 BST arena thing only applies to Roy himself.

Roy's actual ability will be added in April's update, but the developers aren't telling us what it will be.

So, like, um... WTF? What is the point of this exactly? Guess this proves once and for all that these developers truly do not know what they're doing.

36 minutes ago, Ares said:

I'm horbing. I basically want ~700 orbs for whatever Genealogy banner comes next (or Thracia, but also let's not kid ourselves) and Ayra. 

I'm at 319 with all the tower quests left to do (and 19 I can get whenever); so if I can get through March without spending, I think I'll be close to 700. I

Nice. I'm at 170 so far. Occasionally using some, but working on hording most of them.

I don't get why everyone's screaming about the orbpocalypse. Especially when I see so much whining about Forging Bonds, where the 4 orbs were replaced with 4 summon tickets, quintupling the event's value.

People are still complaining about Tap Battles losing a few coins and stones, as if anyone is seriously dying for more of those at this point. Aside from the dolts who think they need to obtain and upgrade all of those pointless Squad Ace seals.

No, the removal of sacred coins from TB did legitimately annoy me. 

I need a lot of sacred coins since I'm not a day 1 player. There's enough coins to fully upgrade two, sometimes three, seals per month. Two seals per month is fine if you're day one. There's usually three new seals per month and one is usually not worth it; you'll keep pace and have enough for an occasional third seal. But when I started and there's already 30 seals in the game, 3 more every month, and played long enough to upgrade like 14? Yeah, I need a ton more sacred coins. 

Edited by Ares
1 hour ago, Ares said:

No, the removal of sacred coins from TB did legitimately annoy me. 

I need a lot of sacred coins since I'm not a day 1 player. There's enough coins to fully upgrade two, sometimes three, seals per month. Two seals per month is fine if you're day one. There's usually three new seals per month and one is usually not worth it; you'll keep pace and have enough for an occasional third seal. But when I started and there's already 30 seals in the game, 3 more every month, and played long enough to upgrade like 14? Yeah, I need a ton more sacred coins. 

I've upgraded hardly any seals in the past several months. All the stat pluses, Threatens, Seals, Hones, Boosts, Dances... that stuff is all pointless. A lot of the rest is gimmicky, sub-optimal, or usable enough without upgrading.

The last TT had a pointless dance, a flier skill that doesn't need to be upgraded, and Darting Blow which I haven't needed at all. My fast units are already fast, and defensive team support gets more mileage anyway--especially when compared to the Atk+3 and Spd+3 seals that bad players are obsessed with. If you would never put those in anyone's A-slot, then don't put it in their S-slot. It's not a freebie just because you can remove it.

All I'm saying is the coin economy shouldn't be that, given there's now like 80+ seals, a new player can't even keep pace with new seals. Yes, I get there's a lot of trash seals, but even if only half of them are good, do you know how long it'll take to make half the TT seals if you started today, assuming you can upgrade two per month? About a year and a half. Ten months for a third of the seals. I made a more general plot saying how long (y axis) it takes to make a percentage of seals in the game (x axis). There's 72 TT seals, BTW. I really cannot understate how awful the coin economy is unless you're a veteran player and yes, every sacred coin lost hurts. 

The other thing I'll add is if you tend towards powerful units, yes, most seals feel gimmicky. But when I use Jugdral units, some seals become very important. Among recent trials, the fierce stance, darting Blow, atk/def bond, and both brazen skills have been essential to character builds. Among older seals, def ploy and brash assault are useful for Arvis and Eldigan. And yes, evergreen seals like the close/Distant Def and QR3 are nice but they really aren't enough. 

Yup, I also commit to a specific team to play on most maps so upgrading all kinds of different seals means a lot to me personally. It's actually refreshing when a new Tempest Trials comes out and the seals aren't relevant to said team because it means I can save up my coins to catch up on unfinished seals I've already been working towards. It would be nice to get a bigger income for coins because it's not feasible to upgrade every seal I want with how frequent they come out.

Changing the subject, two things on my mind:

1. Legendary Azura is too good. I can't think of many optimal teams that don't use her. Beats all dancers. Beats all support for aggressive strategies. Beats all support for defensive strategies. Packs an entire Tactic team's buffs into one slot.

2. ... so yes, I have been thinking about Bonus Doubler. Gets the most use from units with Distant Counter weapons. It would make Legendary Tiki 62/47/49/41. I can't even think of a teammate she'd need aside from a red who can break high-ATK greens.

1 hour ago, Alice Phantasma said:

I'd love to try out bonus doubler but legendary banners continue to hate my guts.

Fucking dupe gunnthra on a banner I'm trying to fish for red orbs.

so gunnthra is burning your orbs like surtr did to her?

but yeah, legendary banners are rough. Getting atk/spd solo for my Nanna took 300 orbs, and the only pitybreaker I got was S!Tana. I think I got a near 12% pityrate, which for a legendary banner, is absolutely terrifying.

30 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Did the colors also leak?

One of those is obviously red, but the other three could be anything.

We know Lugh is green and we can guess obvious red is red, but not the other two. The only thing that was strictly leaked were their chibi spirits. 

Further confusing is there's a good chance one of these units is TT since it's TT season. If suppose Sue was colorless, that'd put Idunn at blue if neither of them were a TT unit. It's possible a fifth unit exists and hadn't been mined from the website too. 

Edited by Ares

Spent all of my F2P orbs on this legendary banner and have gotten one Hoshidan Festival Micaiah to show for it. At a 9.5% rate with only one day left and likely only 13 orbs after getting easy quest orbs tomorrow to try up to three more red summons gunning for Legendary Roy