Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Why, oh why are Mist and Greil the same color? Still, I got Mist, and I finally got me Hot Springs Ryoma. Hopefully, they'll have another Greil that is legendary. ... Or just "normal". 

And gosh darn, I'd have to choose one of Duma, Spooky Myrrh, or Vallite Azura for a free pick. Well, I'm one of those few people who really liked Sacred Stones, so...  

Hopefully, the first batch of orbs are their colors, because I want who I want. 

2 hours ago, XLW said:

And gosh darn, I'd have to choose one of Duma, Spooky Myrrh, or Vallite Azura for a free pick. Well, I'm one of those few people who really liked Sacred Stones, so... 

you don't get to choose, it's random.

SO last night I did a yolo summon on the greil's merc banner. I got V!Ike.

It went from 'awesome I got V!ike" to "I'll probably just wait until march to give Arden DC and Special Fighter 3." SF3 isn't useful on Arden because he's, well, uhh, puts too much emphasis on being strong and tough. However, if he needs to create a choke point it's basically guard but better so it's not completely useless. DC is the main fodder though.

It mostly came down to me realizing that while I like V!Ike and I'm really really happy both Ike and Soren appeared together on the Vanentine's event of all banners, I just don't know how I'd actually use V!Ike. I might break him out for AA or blessed gardens, and certainly use him in arena next week, but he'll just be a benchwarmer. Arden, on the other hand, sees the most use of any of my armors--his unfortunate weakness to magic and dragons makes him difficult to use though.

Edited by Ares
1 hour ago, Ares said:

you don't get to choose, it's random.

SO last night I did a yolo summon on the greil's merc banner. I got V!Ike.

It went from 'awesome I got V!ike" to "I'll probably just wait until march to give Arden DC and Special Fighter 3." SF3 isn't useful on Arden because he's, well, uhh, puts too much emphasis on being strong and tough. However, if he needs to create a choke point it's basically guard but better so it's not completely useless. DC is the main fodder though.

It mostly came down to me realizing that while I like V!Ike and I'm really really happy both Ike and Soren appeared together on the Vanentine's event of all banners, I just don't know how I'd actually use V!Ike. I might break him out for AA or blessed gardens, and certainly use him in arena next week, but he'll just be a benchwarmer. Arden, on the other hand, sees the most use of any of my armors--his unfortunate weakness to magic and dragons makes him difficult to use though.

If you feed your V-Ike to a chonker like Arden, then you need to turn in your queer card. It's written here in the 2019 1st quarter edition of the gay agenda, section Husbandos, subsection JPEG Twunks.

Since I got lucky with Ike I decided I'd invest my orbs into getting HS!Hinoka for her bucket. Got one the other day and now Camilla Emblem has a dedicated (and colorless) Dragon Killer. Working good so far, it's something Camilla Emblem was sort of missing (mostly because of H!Myyrh). I've gotten two AR defense wins since giving HS!Camilla the bucket that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Also gives her a niche/something to make her feel different than Spring Kagero and Eir. 

dat ass

48 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

@Ares IntSys demands tribute.

Also playboy bunny GHB.

Yeah, I'll want to get Kaden eventually. I don't even like furries but he has a heart of pure gold and it's my weak spot no judging okay.

To add a bit more, it's really unclear who the "obvious" demote is; velouria or kaden. They're both honestly underwhelming with their basekits but have great cheerleading prfs. Because of this, I'll wait until either kaden drops (which isn't a guarantee) or he shows up on a three person banner before trying to get him. I like Kaden, I really do, but I find the risk-vs-reward too great on this banner.

Edited by Ares

I wonder if there even will be a demote TBH. They've done it before so I wouldn't put it past them to not have a demote this banner.  Keaton was one of my favorite and most useful characters in Conquest so he's definitely the one I want most. I think I'm gonna go pretty hard for both Keaton and Velouria though. I'm not joking in that I really want to run a "wolf beast" team. I kinda wish I saved more orbs but I just figured the theoretical "fallen heroes 2" that people were theorizing would be this banner. I got bamboozled I guess. Even so, I don't regret Splashy Bucket+ for HS!Camilla. I just hope I can get lucky on this banner too..... 

Edited by Igneous42

The Ruler of Laguz banner got a demote, i see no reason why this one wouldn't.

Like, much of the panic around no demotes, after the lack of demotes from OC banners/Adrift/farfetched heroes, doesn't acknowledge, while those banners were technically New Heroes banners, they were clearly a different kind of new heroes banner. Like, unless it's OCs, involves a theme that isn't just "characters from this video game", or is related to CYL, I think it's still safe to assume we're getting a demote.

Edited by Ares

Daddy stop. My orb count can only go so high.

Can't wait to see how long many lines of text Selkie's Foxkit Fang takes up. In Spanish, Nailah and Naesala's weapon descriptions are 13 lines long. It's very odd that only one of these units comes with a full kit--for a long time, the only unfinished kit was the one demote. But there's no way Close Defense and Special Special are going 4*. The only demote will be Kaden. NOBODY wants Spd/Res Link.

Also: According to the rumor mill, Rena Strober has recorded lines for a Fallen Azura, which likely would have been releasing tomorrow. And that would mean three back-to-back Azura alts. I think the developers saw the reaction to the Oops! All Camillas! fiasco and pulled an emergency kill switch on Fallen Heroes 2, which is why we're getting another round of beast units so soon. Just like how it's been theorized that Hostile Springs was itself displaced from an earlier time due to its terrible Part I-style paralogue and using pegasi over kinshi.

The real powercreep here is Keaton's art. Is this the first time we'll ever get a picture with a guy drawn with his ass to the camera, compared to almost every chick pulling the T&A pose like it's her job?

I think Fates beasts were planned well in advance. It always struck me as odd that Tellius beasts learned heavily into fliers. But if Fates would add non-fliers, it makes a lot more sense. 

Whatever banner has a crazy Azura can still come. It might even be the 3/7 banner with Binding Blade saved for late March. But I don't think IntSys would kill a banner; if Azura would cause that much backlash they could just remove her. And even then, Camilla won CYL3 despite having six alts; I don't think alt salt really hurts their bottom line. 

Edited by Ares
2 hours ago, Ares said:

I think Fates beasts were planned well in advance. It always struck me as odd that Tellius beasts learned heavily into fliers. But if Fates would add non-fliers, it makes a lot more sense. 

Whatever banner has a crazy Azura can still come. It might even be the 3/7 banner with Binding Blade saved for late March. But I don't think IntSys would kill a banner; if Azura would cause that much backlash they could just remove her. And even then, Camilla won CYL3 despite having six alts; I don't think alt salt really hurts their bottom line. 

Nah, if they could write a character out then we wouldn't have gotten Hot Springs Camilla. Too wasteful when all the assets have already been commissioned, even though alt salt resulted in terrible sales for that event. Releasing more beast units so soon doesn't match IS's usual strategy of introducing a new type of unit, and then waiting a couple of months to make them more mainstream. I still think it's very likely that a Fallen Heroes 2 has been postponed.

As for CYL, let's not pretend that Camilla didn't owe a large part of her votes to trolls.

Edited by Destiny Hero
4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Nah, if they could write a character out then we wouldn't have gotten Hot Springs Camilla. Too wasteful when all the assets have already been commissioned, even though alt salt resulted in terrible sales for that event. Releasing more beast units so soon doesn't match IS's usual strategy of introducing a new type of unit, and then waiting a couple of months to make them more mainstream. I still think it's very likely that a Fallen Heroes 2 has been postponed.

As for CYL, let's not pretend that Camilla didn't owe a large part of her votes to trolls.

Let's also not pretendthat made a difference whatsoever.  If anything they just counteracted Camilla spite votes.  The bullshit people try to spin just to hate on Camilla is unbelievable. 

Edited by Igneous42

Real talk:

Camilla is actually an interesting and fairly well-rounded character with a tragic backstory. The only problem is that her stripperific design and innuendo-laden dialogue means that nobody takes her seriously. Of course, it certainly doesn't help that Fates in general had terrible writing, but that's not Camilla's fault.

It's been quite some time since we had a full Light week. At +140 lift per victory, I'm projected to reach the top tier by over 200 points even if I continue losing 80 on defenses every day. As long as I don't mess up too badly, anyway. Upgrade those Escape Ladders, y'all.

Most of my battles are won by buffing Niles and sending him up. The opponents usually lose their buffs to my Panic Manor (upgrade yours at least once!), and with Atk Smoke they're double debuffed to -13. I also keep Eir down low with Atk Ploy on their biggest threat. Niles is always fine even with a melee enemy in the mix, thanks to the debuffs and using his Atk as the dump stat rather than his Def.

Also worth pointing out in two weeks we get another light season with Eir as a bonus unit. 

I goofed a little today because I spent my stones on nothing of import to have heveanly dew to make a level 4 offense fortress. I then realized I never made the bonus structure. Oops. I'll play just enough to not waste aether, but on Friday I should be able to get the infantry school of offense. 

Also, panic manor can also trigger restore traps; that's the big risk to using one. I'd say that debuffing is probably more worthwhile since restore traps are rare, but using someone like Aversa might not be a bad idea so you can swap to a different team if there is a restore trap. 

Edited by Ares
13 minutes ago, Ares said:

Also worth pointing out in two weeks we get another light season with Eir as a bonus unit. 

I goofed a little today because I spent my stones on nothing of import to have heveanly dew to make a level 4 offense fortress. I then realized I never made the bonus structure. Oops. I'll play just enough to not waste aether, but on Friday I should be able to get the infantry school of offense. 

Also, panic manor can also trigger restore traps; that's the big risk to using one. I'd say that debuffing is probably more worthwhile since restore traps are rare, but using someone like Aversa might not be a bad idea so you can swap to a different team if there is a restore trap. 

Ooh, bonus Eir! I'm grateful that Fjorm is a bonus right now during water season, so she counts as having a Light blessing. I don't think many other Legendaries are useful in Aether Raids.

I haven't had any problems with Restore traps--I really don't find them threatening, because then you don't even have to bait at choke points to break up the enemy's formation. They just rush out alone. And besides, buffs are FAR more common, and I don't use Aversa.

24 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

Restore traps?

It's an AR defense technique.

Normally, you need to get in range of an enemy before enemies move. However, restore healers will always move to restore status of allies, and under certain conditions the restore healer may move to attacking range of your units. If this happens, the 'attacking' phase of an AR matchup may start before the player realizes what happened.