Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

While attempting to roll a Greil, I ended up pulling a Flying Nino.

Think I should feed Aerobatics to Loli Summer Tiki?

I wouldn't recommend it. The TT trial today gives an acrobatics seal, and SY!Tiki is probably better off using acrobatics in S than B. Like, the only instance where I find acrobatics in B preferable to S is if you need Iote's shield in S

I took two hours today to build what I thought would be the optimal Ike+Soren duo. Took it through the New years/Hot Springs Chain Challenge and got destroyed. Maybe that one's just extra difficult because of the torrent of debuffs. I don't know. I thought this would make me happy, but it only made my day worse.

V-Ike (+Res)

W: Heart's Blade (+res) (also considering Barrier Blade)

A: Swap

S: Radiant Aether

a: Distant Counter

b: Special Fighter

c: Even Speed Wave

s: Armored Boots

V-Soren (+S/-D)

W: Blarblade

A: Draw Back

S: Iceberg

a: Atk/Res Bond

b: Atk/Res Link

c: Spur Def/Res

s: Heavy Blade (not sure what goes here)

Having a red for your tank and a blue for your glass cannon is bad. You want the tank to be the unit who has to duel their own color. Armors and cavs also have no synergy. But I did the best I could. They have to be supported by a green who can handle ranged blues, and a way to get Soren out of range. For me, that was Young Azura with Wings of Mercy. You also need an ally with Def Tactic.

Took forever to finish Soren because his entire kit needs to be replaced no matter what you do with him. Too frail for anything but Blade, but I couldn't reliably get his attack high enough. This was my first time seriously using a Blade tome and... ugh. He was so unreliable. And Ike was getting wrecked even with Def Tactic, Heart's Blade, and ally support getting him up to 46.

It'd be hilarious of Liki wins find and vote because we thought lazura was such a shoo-in nobody actually voted for her. See CYL3 and Marth.

That said, I don't think you could go wrong with either L!Tiki or L!Azura. Hell, at least L!Tiki has bold fighter, so she has something anyone can enjoy. L!Azura doesn't offer much if you already have her.

So uhh, with light blessing support from Eir and quad ploying, my arvis can take an ophelia to the face and live to tell the tale:

unknown.png

Unfortunately, this can't quite happen in practice because of Ophelia's chill res 3. With Arvis' monstrous 47 res with Eir, he'd almost surely be hit and I'm not sure of a way to avoid that. Since chill res 3 is at start of the enemy's turn, I don't think harsh command can work. Is there any way around this?

Edited by Ares
5 hours ago, Ares said:

I wouldn't recommend it. The TT trial today gives an acrobatics seal, and SY!Tiki is probably better off using acrobatics in S than B. Like, the only instance where I find acrobatics in B preferable to S is if you need Iote's shield in S

The thing is that LST doesn't have anything else in her B slot other than Swordbreaker.

And her Seal Slot is occupied by Guidance.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, Destiny Hero said:

The new merge system makes a second Ike worth shooting for if you've got the orbs.

As for Ike Emblem, it does sound more fun than it is.

Whelp, good advice. I decided I would try for him some more and literally got a +Atk/-Res copy with the first summon I did after deciding it could be worth it. Only one red on the session and sure enough, it was Valentine Ike. So now I'm sure that either the mystery banner before the Blazing Blade one or the Spring banner will have a unit I really want and give me a terrible time as I've used up my luck for a bit. 

I was one perfect battle short of reaching tier 20 this week. The shortness didn't help. I guess I should build a dark blessing team for next week. I doubt I'll ever reach tier 21+ so I might as well just get comfortable maintaining 20 so I shouldn't have to put too much effort in. Gotta spend those 300k+ feathers on something!

Edited by Carl321
1 hour ago, Alice Phantasma said:

Or dark blessings lol. Building an anima team for defense isn't a bad idea though.

On paper sure, in practice idk. But at maxed out Duma (two of them with +10 merges) I believe you can shave off 52 lift per fight, and without Duma merges it's 32 lift, and with one Duma it's 20 (+Duma merge count). 

The problem is Duma is an armor, and armors are honestly pretty awful on offense. With Duma, you enemies are facing an effective four person team which will likely be easy for players to manage. Unless you went full whale with Duma, any defense that can reliably kill two or three opponenta is probably comparable with the anima effect. 

Never mind even with zero defense loss, you still need light blessings and Eir to get for T20-->T21 gap so until March at the earliest (really, whenever our first Astra hero exists) Duma is extra useless for defense.

Edited by Ares

Beat the Cherche & Virion BHB on Infernal using an unorthodox team of Legendary Ike, Legendary Azura, Halloween Mia, and Performing Arts Azura. H!Mia was there solely to reset Cherche and Virion's special countdowns, L!Ike was the braun of everything, and the Azura twins were to dance the other two away or closer to combat. PA!Azura (without Triangle Adept 3, which I just realized) had to eat a red tome attack towards the end but just barely survived.

The "Waaahhh!" was strong in this scenario

Edited by Surge135

I'll be able to get a level 4 fortress next week for offense. That'll help a lot since my offense is still pretty terrible atm. 

Tbh, I'm unsure if I'll ever leave T19 because I've been stuck here the past three or four seasons. Part of it is mostly I'm too stubborn to make feather expensive units that'd be good in this mode, like a good Galeforce user. The other part is I make a lot of silly mistakes; I think I need to save screenshot of defenses I come across so I can think what I've done differently. And the last part is that this mode is also fundamentally unbalanced and punishing it's also hard to care but also I need grails for my Arvis. 

Edited by Ares
38 minutes ago, Ares said:

I'll be able to get a level 4 fortress next week for offense. That'll help a lot since my offense is still pretty terrible atm. 

Tbh, I'm unsure if I'll ever leave T19 because I've been stuck here the past three or four seasons. Part of it is mostly I'm too stubborn to make feather expensive units that'd be good in this mode, like a good Galeforce user. The other part is I make a lot of silly mistakes; I think I need to save screenshot of defenses I come across so I can think what I've done differently. And the last part is that this mode is also fundamentally unbalanced and punishing it's also hard to care but also I need grails for my Arvis. 

Niles has single-handedly pulled me through almost every battle, ever. At least, with full +6 buffs, which you can get even without Legendary Azura. One solid unit with near-full investment in their ranged defenses plus good speed, preferably colorless, will probably be easier and more consistent than praying you can get Galeforce shenanigans off. One or two users of Atk Ploy will be a godsend, and Panic Ploy is almost always useful.

I've had a level 4 offensive fortress for a long time now because I haven't gone for the level 4 defensive, and it sure is useful for me.

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I will remain in tier 14 for the rest of eternity because I refuse to fill my 5-slot team with anything but Tiki Emblem.

Are you not tanking your way through the world with a stack of Ward Dragons? At least go for high-scoring teams during Light weeks. It's just the off-season tier 18-19+ weeks where you've got no hope of getting to the next tier.

But also, don't fret at all if you're like me and you're just going to endlessly hoard all of your grails and feathers anyway.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Niles has single-handedly pulled me through almost every battle, ever. At least, with full +6 buffs, which you can get even without Legendary Azura. One solid unit with near-full investment in their ranged defenses plus good speed, preferably colorless, will probably be easier and more consistent than praying you can get Galeforce shenanigans off. One or two users of Atk Ploy will be a godsend, and Panic Ploy is almost always useful.

I've had a level 4 offensive fortress for a long time now because I haven't gone for the level 4 defensive, and it sure is useful for me.

Between Saias, Julia, Julius, and Arvis I have attack ployers aplenty. Attack ploy runs in the family. 

When you say ranged defenses, what are we talking about here? My Julius runs DD9 (Loptous is effectively guard tome 90% of the time) and Saias has blarserpent+. Maybe I should focus on a team that buffs them through the roof, and kill a Garon so Saias can gave DD3 instead of mirror stance on A and run QR3 in B instead of darting stance in S. 

The only question is how to give them buffs. Tactics make the most sense. 

Edited by Ares

Here's my take on Three Houses: The reveal trailer was pure gibberish, a steaming heap of crap that showed a failure to understand some of the most basic rules of even the simplest forms of storytelling. And now, even with this extended second look, there is no plot. There are no stakes, there are no antagonists, there is no story. Three Houses is making Fates look like The Great Gatsby.

And then from a gameplay perspective, it's straying way too far from what made Fire Emblem successful in the first place--its simplicity. You're given units which only grow in one or two directions, so while the strategies are all up to you, you always know what pieces you're dealing with. You're given freedom, but not so much that you feel lost and overwhelmed. With this newest game especially, unit growth looks totally open-ended, at which point you may as well be playing any other game. Three Houses is not going to capture new or wide audiences like previous Fire Emblem games have. I am not excited to crawl through an endless swamp of battle prep sub-menus having no idea of whether I'm moving in the right direction. Those are the parts where I give up on playthroughs.

20 minutes ago, Ares said:

Between Saias, Julia, Julius, and Arvis I have attack ployers aplenty. Attack ploy runs in the family. 

When you say ranged defenses, what are we talking about here? My Julius runs DD9 (Loptous is effectively guard tome 90% of the time) and Saias has blarserpent+. Maybe I should focus on a team that buffs them through the roof, and kill a Garon so Saias can gave DD3 instead of mirror stance on A and run QR3 in B instead of darting stance in S. 

The only question is how to give them buffs. Tactics make the most sense. 

Ability to check Lilina, Ophelia, Lucina, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, and Eir, and not individually either. Doing this with a color will give you a hole that backup dancers will punch right through.

Ranged wall, Galeforce tank, Loki, and Aversa. Those are the only ways I know of for beating AR cancer.