Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Not saying I like this new anniversary event but the only thing I can think of as to why they decided the event to be like this is to try and disparage F2P guides or something like that. The randomness would naturally make such guides less reliable and push players who've been reliant on guides to engage the higher end content with their own invested units, if that makes sense. I know that would more likely than anything upset players but I can at least understand the approach even if it's a bit underhanded.

I think a better explanation is they want you to roll in their garbage banner for the character with the orbs you need to pay for since fans of a certain popular (and useful) character get a 25% chance instead of getting it easily.

Not saying the guide block isn't a nice bonus for them, but they've been playing the make you pay route for what you want for a bit now.

Edited by Alice Phantasma

Okay yeah I can see that probably being why. Either way I agree the anniversary events feel a bit underwhelming for one reason for another. I wasn't a big fan of the original A Hero Rises either but I appreciate they at least tried something different for this year.

Yeah, I think by turning it into a normal banner with four desirable units, they're hoping you'll spend orbs and hopefully money. Conveniently, they're giving out less orbs this year. 

Also, since the update is Wednesday, we should get Valentine's silhouettes today and trailer tomorrow (they might do trailer Wednesday even if there's a risk of it being leaked by datamine). Im hoping it's an easy to skip banner since I really want DC for Ares and the Thursday daily banner seems like my best shot. 

Edited by Arvis
1 hour ago, Alice Phantasma said:

I think a better explanation is they want you to roll in their garbage banner for the character with the orbs you need to pay for since fans of a certain popular (and useful) character get a 25% chance instead of getting it easily.

Not saying the guide block isn't a nice bonus for them, but they've been playing the make you pay route for what you want for a bit now.

Yep and it explains the junk draws. Sorry game, I'm never paying a dime for stuff in this game. Not worth it to me. So mainly I've been doing a couple of draws every so often and working on stocking up on Orbs for now.

34 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I just hope the Valentine banner gets either revealed or datamined before the Duma banner ends so I know whether I should dump my orb stash going for a Tiki merge.

Datamine won't happen. Update is Wednesday at ~8pm pdt (realistically, whenever maintenance ends so probably an hour before that) and the Duma banner ends at 11pm tomorrow. 

Trailer is possible. If the silhouette is tonight, the trailer should drop tomorrow around 8pm and that gives you a three hour window from 8 to 11pm tomorrow to summon. Just, if you go that route, get all orbs from quests and such now. If there's no silhouette, don't expect a trailer until Wednesday in which case you're out of luck. 

Edited by Arvis

Between the two I'd go A!Tiki. A!Tiki really needs her B slot for quick riposte or special spiral so having guard in A is nice; especially being a slow af EP unit she'd otherwise let foes charge up their specials. L!Tiki has another option: special fighter, which is premium albeit. It gives her both guard and steady breath, minus the defense boost, and her speed is good enough she can probably live without a fighter skill (darting blow/stance is a seal option for L!Tiki; darting blow isn't until next TT). 

Granted, B!Ephraim is hard to come by but if you're thinking longterm SS4 seems better for A!Tiki. 

That's my thought from a guy who's never used a Tiki y;

Edited by Arvis

I love being able to beat Lunatic/Infernal GHB/BHB maps using characters I like rather than only overpowered/top tier units. Walhart's Infernal GHB was done using my +10 Radiant Dawn team of L!Ike/Soren/Micaiah/Sothe where everyone contributed with at least 2 KOs each.

The speculation on this one is interesting. Seems that could finally be our first Ike alt? Though when I saw the one on the right the hair instantly made me think Saber, there's not as many male characters I'd whale for but I'd go all in for a Saber alt (and then beat myself up for still not having his normal variant). I kind of doubt it's him though because he doesn't seem the popular enough type, but there are some random choices here and there so who knows. 

HnlTDpg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I made the right choice.

After sorting through the trash, I have a +2 Tiki merge, some decent fodder, and enough clones to max out my Nowi and Effie.

One of those Legendary Tikis is +Spd -HP, and the other is +HP -Atk. My current one is +Res -Spd.

Which one should I use as the base?

Edited by Tyranogre

I'd vote +Spd as the base. L!Tiki has an extremely awkward speed stat, but a speed asset boon pushes her into the range where she doesn't need to rely on bold/vengeful fighter to double. This really opens up her options. Vantage, for example, is a nice budget B option that can really shut down some opponents. Special Fighter Tiki, which is really good but requires an Ephraim as a sacrifice, practically needs a speed asset boon. With your merges, I believe L!Tiki will reach 39 speed.

+HP is probably garbage. There isn't a huge practical difference between 46 HP and 49 HP

+Res is okay, and it helps her become more of a mixed wall but it doesn't really play to Tiki's strengths either.