Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Well, this is some anniversary celebration. Though I'm not totally hyped for any of it, really. The two random free seasonals could be top tier units/fodder, or they could be 4000 feathers. I am never, ever excited for summoning. The Find Your Hero event could be promising--so many possibilities but we'll have to see who wins.

I think the new Aether cost formula for raiding makes almost no difference, but at least there will be some days when we don't have to play, now that there's no free battle to miss out on.

The Dragonflower mechanic does not have me hyped. So you can give +1 to each stat, but gen 1/2 infantries get up to +2.

• Gen 1 infantries are still strictly worse than Gen 2
  • Old fliers, cavs, and armors remain left behind
  • This implies that we are about to get Gen 3 units, or at least Gen 3 infantry

Whoops, and it looks like IS had the good sense to omit from the English video an anniversary illustration featuring Elise's ass on full display. I would love for Japan to stop marketing pedophilia in these games.

@Arvis I'd start by switching Finn and Deirdre. Lunge means he's allowed to outrange your other units.

Edited by Destiny Hero
34 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

@Arvis I'd start by switching Finn and Deirdre. Lunge means he's allowed to outrange your other units.

I'll try testing that later to see how it works. 

The major concern is Deirdre might be too easy to bait in Finn's position and Eir can really safely bait her. The rally trap means Finn actually has the same range as Deirdre to the south at the cost of losing one Dance. My other concern is Deirdre can't use Eir's guidance, which makes the left side more vulnerable. 

Edited by Arvis
3 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Whoops, and it looks like IS had the good sense to omit from the English video an anniversary illustration featuring Elise's ass on full display. I would love for Japan to stop marketing pedophilia in these games.

What’s really strange is that the Japanese video is about 3 minutes longer than the English one, but the picture that you’re referring to is only on screen for about 5 seconds.

There’s bound to be other stuff that was omitted from the English version.

So who did everyone get as their free seasonal on the first banner. I would up with the fantastic Summer Leo.... 

It's alright though at least he's a new unit and a character I at least like even if he is mediocre/bad. 

Also had some good luck with getting Loki today and Minerva on the daily free summon, so that was cool. But I pretty much have zero orbs stash now for Valentine's. 

I don't really like the spring weapons that much since the healing effects don't have a lot of handiness usually, but they're still nice for mitigating Fury's recoil damage or completely nullifying the damage you would take from Atk/Spd Push.

Another Spring Camilla. One is enough. She gets to chill out in the 100-strong pile of golds I'll never touch.

2 hours ago, Arvis said:

Winter Lissa.

I'll probably fodder her bold fighter to be honest y;

I got 3 of them way back when we thought Bold Fighter and 175 BST was the worst powercreep we'd face. But of course, now Bold Fighter gets slapped onto every new armor, in the same way that every new healer gets free Razzle Dazzle--what's the point of even getting these older units for fodder then? It's no surprise that powercreep is ramping up even faster when the devs are aggressively devaluing so many characters.

... Anyway, I made her into a mixed phase mixed tank. Way too much competition for her class, but I love her outfit and her lines.

34 minutes ago, Arvis said:

@Destiny Hero

I hope you saved up some divine dew because your boy niles is getting a refine next Wednesday evening.

WLIUFHLAWIUHRFLQAIWKGHLQAISHBFLQAWIUH:JUF

also implying that i am ever not sitting on 600,000 feathers and 1500 coins and stones and now 1000 grails

Edited by Destiny Hero

What costumes do you think the CYL3 winners will get, and what weapons to follow the red, blue, green, colorless theme?

*Red: MaligMaster Camilla with Ginnungagap.

*Blue: DILF Eliwood with Rex Hasta.

*Green: Light Priestess Micaiah with Rexaura.

*Colorless: Dong Armor Alm with Mila’s Bow.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

What costumes do you think the CYL3 winners will get, and what weapons to follow the red, blue, green, colorless theme?

*Green: Light Priestess Micaiah with Rexaura.

I feel like the Light Priestess costume would fit a Legendary Micaiah better than a Brave Micaiah. If anything, the special Light Sage costume she had in FE10 would suit her better for the CYL3 costume.

That or they are gonna give her the weird Dark Mage outfit from the Awakening DLC einherjar

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

I feel like the Light Priestess costume would fit a Legendary Micaiah better than a Brave Micaiah. If anything, the special Light Sage costume she had in FE10 would suit her better for the CYL3 costume.

That or they are gonna give her the weird Dark Mage outfit from the Awakening DLC einherjar

Thanks, man. I'd finally just forgotten about THAT....

The theme of CYL1 was fathers. The theme of CYL2 was... well, two brothers, then Ephraim as king which we'd never seen, and Celica in her original design.

CYL2 showed that the developers aren't going to stick to a pattern. But maybe we'll see CYL3 as monarchs. The games didn't stick around for us to see Alm and Micaiah ascend thrones, then Eliwood could be the marquess we saw in Blazing Blade, and Camilla would be from a hypothetical Birthright timeline where both Xander and Leo died or at least otherwise declined kingship.

Or dong armor.