Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

39 minutes ago, Ferry said:

My free pull gave me nothing, and had to do a second round of orbs because I didn't like the first round. My first paid orb gave me Ryoma. I'm done with this banner now

I'm weak and decided to draw an entire additional round to see what I get. Wanted Hinoka but got Elise and Sakura. Spent 25 orbs total and got three of the four characters. Played the game since it was released and I have never been so lucky on my draws. Weird.. I'll probably need to spend 100's of orbs on the next one now to get even one of the characters. 

There's no point in voting for popular characters in CYL, because they're going to get 6 alts anyway.

Vote for random jank to see what IS will do, like with Veronica and Loki. I'm voting for Amy, Calil's daughter from Radiant Dawn who's just an obscure little girl NPC, because how are they going to turn that into a FEH unit?

Also, I want to build up Narcian. He needs a busted refine.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I really wanted red ninja Elise and Green Bucket to feed her as she'd make a lovely red horse for my team who can destroy dragons. I had initially planned to wait for next week to spend my 78 orbs in case I really liked the mythic unit. Turns out I'm weak and blew it all in one sitting. Nada.

Yeah I've got a feeling I'm gonna regret that.

____

I'm dumping my votes into Frederick, Gatrie, and Astrid. Let's see how this goes!

Edited by Carl321

Finally beat the last abyssal GHB that is part of the rotation, that being Ursala's.

I thought Deirdre or Julia could tank damage but lol nope. Aafter realizing quickened pulse could proc my Ares' blazing wind if a ninja initiates on him; it basically came down to Ares murdering everyone while Siliva and Lene helped him dance so he can murder everyone. I think MIsstletain's thirst was quenched. Jamke joined up to take care of a stray dagger.

For these abyssals, I always restrict myself to Judgral units. Since, sans Arden, all of them are either infantry or horses, and Ursala's map has two effective infantry ninjas and two cavalier effective mages, this map is very difficult. In retrospect, a very strong PP approach made sense. I'll probably start working on the abyssal LHB, but those have reinforcements so ripperoni me.

Edited by Arvis

remember how people were speculating fates royals were in hostile springs to kill their chances for CYL3 lol;

Honestly though, choose your legends 2 (which was my first experience with CYL) honestly affected my game experience in a very particular way. Nothing against the units themselves, but they were significant powercreeps (at least, compared to the units I had before) that I think it was negatively affecting my fun with the game. My game experience became much more positive when I focused on a small set of units from Genealogy (which is probably my favorite FE at this point) and stopped pulling for units because they were strong. As such, I'm watching the top four CYL3 mostly with an eye that it'll make people happy to see their favorites in while also not too personally invested in the outcome because I'll probably skip the banner when it comes around.  For Camilla in particular, I'll mostly enjoy the salt while it happens but also appreciate that a lot of Camilla fans will be happy when she finally releases.

Edited by Arvis
2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Seven Camillas.

I'm convinced that the Camilla voters are almost all either trolls or casuals. Hostile Springs was one of the worst-performing events in FEH, so clearly she isn't attracting whales anymore. Even though the two attached to her chest are still growing.

Can confirm that at least some of her voters are /v/ intentionally voting for her in order to fuck with people.

While we're on the subject of Camilla... 

Look, I'm not her biggest fan. Her appeal is understandably lost on me and I'm not exactly clamoring for a Camilla alt. 

But I'm also wondering if the salt is going too far. Like cool if you want to rally behind Micaiah or F!Robin since you'd rather have them as brave alts. But also, it's starting to feel that anyone expressing interest in Camilla is just greeted with visceral and it's starting to not be cool?

Idk of it's just me, but is the anti-Camilla salt getting out of hand? 

I think most of it has to do with having so many alts despite being quote-unquote "less deserving" of them.

People didn't mind it as much when Lyn and Lucina got so many alts (keyword: "as much") because CYL1 proved that they were indeed the most popular women in the series.

Now let's look at Camilla. By the time CYL2 happened, she already had three alts (vanilla, bunny, and new year). And yet she still placed 3rd in the polls, having just barely been beaten out by Veronica. Over the course of the following year, she got two new alts (summer and adrift; the latter of which wasn't even a seasonal). But Celica (the actual winner of that year's poll) only got one additional alt (Fallen). Brave Celica doesn't count because she was added specifically because she won the poll.

So, when Camilla gets a hot springs alt announced on the day that CYL3 goes live, and then proceeds to win CYL3 anyway, you can see why people might be getting just a little bit sick of her.

Oh don't get me wrong. I get why people are sick of her. 

I'm talking about things like someone saying/showing they voted Camilla on their own Twitter account and suddenly they have people attacking them in the comments. I think I've seen a few instances of that today? It's more of the "where" this is showing up that is bothering me.