Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

10 hours ago, Alice Phantasma said:

Wait. Team Nifl clean sweeped? AHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

This was the greatest and most wholesome thing I have ever woken up to!

Oh, man. NIFL VS MUSPELL VOTING GAUNTLET!!!! Aaaand the very first thing to happen is every single Muspell character getting eliminated. It's Hrid and Ylgr. They've brought so much wholesomeness to this realm of sinners.

Tibarn is a red Beast unit and Nailah is a blue Beast unit. So weapon triangle for Beast units confirmed

Although it would have made more sense for Tibarn to be Blue and Nailah to be Green to play into the Laguz's weaknesses when it comes to magic (Feline Laguz weak to Fire (Red), Bird Laguz weak to Wind (Green), and Dragon Laguz weak to Thunder (Blue)). However, that is just me nitpicking in a moment that is absolutely the best news for me as a Fire Emblem fan, more specifically as a fan of the Tellius games.

Edited by Surge135
5 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

As much as I want to be emotionally invested in what's going on, the Book 3 trailer is EDGE CRINGE CITY

Also, this brings the OC roster to 6 males and 12 females. The pandering sure ain't slowing down.

Neither is the whale bait.

Jrnaz0R.jpg

RIP Aether Raids and fuck you IS for ruining my aether raids team.

@Alice Phantasma Aether Raids had it too good for too long.

FEH is just so weird right now. Maybe it's my burnout. Last week I spent probably two or three cumulative hours thinking about how to distribute blessings after getting Ryoma and Hrid... and ended up doing nothing. So many limited resources. Either you spend them blindly and waste them, or wait until they're not even relevant anymore.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

@Surge135 You gave Special Spiral to Legendary Ike, right? Now that I've got Lewyn I'm thinking of doing the same. How has it been? I've just been running Swordbreaker.

Obviously better if you have a high merged Legendary Ike, but Special Spiral makes him a completely insane Enemy Phase unit when he can proc Radiant Aether after taking a single hit following the first proc. Set him up against a Green unit to begin the map, let him tank a hit and clobber it with a counterattack to get his Special ready, and then just set him up in the middle of everything that isn't blue and watch him decimate.

Honestly the best investment I ever made. If you need to take him on a test run, do a quick Rival Domains and add my LIke to a brigade if we are friends (are we friends in FEH?) so you can get an idea of what you are getting yourself into. I do not think you will be disappointed though.

At this point I feel like the story is too good for the game.

Like, a lot of interesting character dynamics and plot twists are rendered completely pointless due to the mechanics of being a free-to-play gacha game.

Gunnthra just died? Don't worry, you can just summon her again in the next Legendary banner!

Surtr is being evil? You can now summon him and have him on your side!

Eir joined your army but may or may not be secretly plotting to kill you? Just fodder her off or send her home for feathers!

About to face off against the forces of evil? That'll have to wait a month so we can celebrate Christmas and have another voting gauntlet!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the story would be a lot more interesting in an "ordinary" Fire Emblem game, but is wasted on a gacha spinoff.

3 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Obviously better if you have a high merged Legendary Ike, but Special Spiral makes him a completely insane Enemy Phase unit when he can proc Radiant Aether after taking a single hit following the first proc. Set him up against a Green unit to begin the map, let him tank a hit and clobber it with a counterattack to get his Special ready, and then just set him up in the middle of everything that isn't blue and watch him decimate.

Honestly the best investment I ever made. If you need to take him on a test run, do a quick Rival Domains and add my LIke to a brigade if we are friends (are we friends in FEH?) so you can get an idea of what you are getting yourself into. I do not think you will be disappointed though.

I don't have any NSiderers on my friends list, but I'll go for it. Well, just as soon as I figure out whether a ranged tank would want Special Spiral or Mystic Boost, just after I figure out who should take my Light Blessing, just after I figure out who would want these Wind and Water Blessings, just after I figure out...

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

At this point I feel like the story is too good for the game.

Like, a lot of interesting character dynamics and plot twists are rendered completely pointless due to the mechanics of being a free-to-play gacha game.

Gunnthra just died? Don't worry, you can just summon her again in the next Legendary banner!

Surtr is being evil? You can now summon him and have him on your side!

Eir joined your army but may or may not be secretly plotting to kill you? Just fodder her off or send her home for feathers!

About to face off against the forces of evil? That'll have to wait a month so we can celebrate Christmas and have another voting gauntlet!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the story would be a lot more interesting in an "ordinary" Fire Emblem game, but is wasted on a gacha spinoff.

The writers literally started Book 3 by giving away its two biggest twists. Before it even begins, we've already seen from the trailers that Sharena will die. Before we even get Eir, we've been told that her mission is to eventually betray us. It's like these writers finally came up with something interesting, and couldn't help but tell everyone about every detail. Another clear sign that whoever's writing this game has yet to learn so many of the simplest rules of writing a story.