Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

10 hours ago, Chrom said:

Literally no one knows about seasonals in advance so I'm answering under the assumption he meant legendaries.

Well, the seasonal units in Legendary events do follow a general chronological order.

Speaking of orders, so we've got Light and Dark elements on the way, and Radiant Dawn units in January. But IS made that handy chart of Legendary units and their types, and that chart won't be finished until February's hero at the earliest. Which means the 3.0 update will likely be bringing us new elements before that chart is finished, and we'll be getting Light and Dark heroes in lieu of whatever spots remain to be filled in.

There's nothing Intelligent Systems loves more than making patterns and then deciding to throw 'em all out one day.

I apparently don't understand a thing about how unit merges work in this game. I had a 4* +2 Lyon I was going to merge onto my 5* +1. I'm aware that merging a lower star unit onto a higher star one yields only SP, so I made sure to promote the 4* one to 5* before performing the merge, only to find it only gave my powerful Lyon +1. 

Similarly, I just had a +4 Kaze revert back to +0 when I promoted him from 3* to 4*. What is going on? As a free player, this is really frustrating for me. 

4 hours ago, Arvis said:

If you increase a unit's rarity, all merges disappear.

My rule of thumb is only merge 5* units I to 5* units.

Wow, that sucks since I merged all of my extra 3 and 4 star units in anticipation of being able to raise their rarity later. That's going to take soooooo many feathers. Which are suddenly in short supply for me. 

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, Arvis. 

17 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

Wow, that sucks since I merged all of my extra 3 and 4 star units in anticipation of being able to raise their rarity later. That's going to take soooooo many feathers. Which are suddenly in short supply for me. 

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, Arvis. 

If it's any consolation, when promoting a merged unit, the cost of promotion is reduced for each merge as if you had traded those merged units for feathers. This also applies if you're sending home that merged unit--a 1+3 will yield as many feathers as 4 1s.

13 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Because he's the only Heroes-original character since Book 1 who isn't Bara.

That's a fair point

tumblr_inline_pha0ytVLHS1qkpnrw_540.gif

Also, has their ever been an extended period in this game where's no new heroes or special heroes banner has been active?

The current new heroes banner ends in just over a week, and I wonder if it's safe to assume Christmas units will be days after.

Just before Book III comes out, how is everyone's Catalog looking? I'm sitting at 303/316, the non-seasonals I'm missing being Young Tiki, Celica, Julia, Lute, and Rhajat and the seasonals being Bridal Caeda, Summer Young Tiki, Valentine Lilina, Winter Chrom, Summer Gaius, Hoshidan Summer Ryoma, Summer Takumi, and Summer Camilla

But since I primarily focus on Judgral units, either there's a Judgral unit I need, a skill I want, or I'm not summoning. Until new Judgral units are added, I don't think that number will go up outside of free units.

Which is fine, since I'm not sure how feasible it is to get all the units without spending money.

Edited by Arvis
11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Because he's the only Heroes-original character since Book 1 who isn't Bara.

... With this new insight, crunching the numbers, we have a total of 10 female characters and 5 males, 3 of whom are almost comically bara-types.

I like Alfonse's academic mind, and the way Hrid manages to be stoic, polite, self-doubting, and lighthearted all at the same time. But honestly, the biggest appeal for both of them is that, unlike so many other characters in this game, they aren't stereotypes. Not in personality or appearance.

Aether Raids are getting to be really bad. I'm stuck at 5000 lift because the 7-turn turn limit is obnoxious to work with when trying to tiptoe around all of the Lancebreaker/Quick Pulse/Moonbow Reinhardt and Razzle Dazzle Brave Veronica, and especially bad when they stick a fifth unit in the corner, stuck behind buildings and traps that take at least two turns to break through to get to them.

I guess tomorrow I'll try my Radiant Dawn team. LIke would be my main guy for anything not the listed trouble units. Soren and Micaiah would both love eating up Reinhardt's Dire Thunder with 33/42 Res respectively. Micaiah would handle Veronica's attacks pretty easily with base 42 Res, Atk/Res Bond, and Atk/Res Link and then nukes her dead twice over. Sothe would do a good job as a pseudo-Veronica with Peshkatz and Windsweep 3 (base 45 Spd + Phantom Spd 3 = 55 Spd to prevent counterattack against Melee). So that's my thoughts on that anyway.

14 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

After blowing all my orbs do they put up a bow lyn banner. THE REGRET.

They put up a Bow Lyn banner with Axe Ike in there and I have pulled nothing but non-focus units going for my boy Ike. Two green Olwen, a female Kanna, a Dorcas, and an Alm on the same summon as one of the Olwen.

Talk about regret

The most noticeable guys I have right now are... Fallen Celica, Seliph, Leif, Legendary Ike, Ryoma, Zelgius, Sigurd, Sword Reinhardt, Brave Roy, Legendary Eirika, Legendary Chrom, Xander, New Year's Camilla, Hrid, Laejarn, +10 4* Marth, Fjorm, Brave Lucina, Hardin, Valentine's Eliwood, Christmas Robin, Quan, Finn, Legendary Ephraim, Brave Ike, Sutr, Legendary Hector, Halloween Dorcas, Brave Ephraim, Valentine's Marth, New Year's Azura,, Legendary Lucina, New Year's Corrin, Fallen Takumi, Brave Lyn, Legendary Hinoka, Ylgr, Halloween Sakura,  Arvis, Lyon, Mage Eirika, Leo, Wedding Caeda, Michaiah, Oliver, Spring Sharena, Dream Azura, Halloween Henry, Gunnthra, Green Tome Olwen, Valentine's Lilina, Mikoto, Ethlyn, Elise, Veronica, Garon, Summer Tiki, Dream Male Corrin, and the Fallen Robins. 

I have more heroes and villains... but they're 4* and below, and I have other five stars, but I'm just going with the pro- and antagonists.

Edited by XLW