Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

33 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

At this point, I have the same problem with this game as I do with Smash.

What was supposed to be a fun crossover title about the characters I love beating the shit out of each other has devolved into a Korean drama where everyone's always like "Oh, I have to learn how to use this character because everyone else is using that character. I can't just use my favorite character because they're low-tier."

Basically, fuck the metagame; I just want to be able to collect waifus in silly outfits. matty;

Each mode is being ruined by only one or two things. Take out Veronica and Dancer exploits and everything's golden.

And with Smash 4, just ban Meta-Knight or ban Bayonetta and everything gets better.

It's so simple, yet I see this happening with so many competitive games. In Yugioh Duel Links, nearly every format has been diverse except for one single brainless Tier 0 deck. The physical game these days has become literally unplayable, as you sit there and just watch your opponent play with himself for twenty minutes until overtime is called--and that's almost entirely because of two cards Konami refuses to ban or errata.

Is this intentional? Who does this benefit? This kind of design choice breeds negativity and drives players away. It's self-sabotage. And yet, it really does seem like game designers just truly are this stupid.

Make Dazzling skills ineffective against other healers. Give the arena theme weeks. Increase Bayonetta's base knockback. Don't put One Turn Kill decks in Duel Links. Errata Firewall Dragon's summon effect to once per turn. There is a simple and obvious solution to all of these problems, yet their developers choose to allow them to fester. I can't understand what they're all doing.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Wrazzle dazzle itself is obnoxious, especially in AR (BST shenanigans precluded all but melee armors at higher tiers in arena, so it's less of a problem there). It's something that needs to be addressed.

Ideally, Intelligent Systems creates a seal that disables the dazzle part of wrazzle dazzle. Being a seal, only one counter exists per team so wrazzle dazzle is still useful as well as everyone having equal access to the counter.

Honestly, I'd love to see a sleuth of anti-meta seals.

Inb4 these anti-meta tier skills require praying to Naga that you summon the tight legendarily/seasonal hero etc.

Edited by Arvis
4 hours ago, Arvis said:

Wrazzle dazzle itself is obnoxious, especially in AR (BST shenanigans precluded all but melee armors at higher tiers in arena, so it's less of a problem there). It's something that needs to be addressed.

Ideally, Intelligent Systems creates a seal that disables the dazzle part of wrazzle dazzle. Being a seal, only one counter exists per team so wrazzle dazzle is still useful as well as everyone having equal access to the counter.

Honestly, I'd love to see a sleuth of anti-meta seals.

Inb4 I these anti-meta tier 4 skills require praying to Naga that you summon the tight legendaey/seasonal hero etc.

The Path of Radiance and Shadows of Valentia heroes were designed to be anti-meta, with skills like Guard, Watersweep, Windsweep, Zanbato, Shield Pulse, Distant Defense, and Cancel Affinity. And all of those skills were locked to 5* in an era when feathers were much more scarce, or exclusive to 5* units which even today remain some of the rarest on the entire roster. They were nothing but an empty gesture, and the trend has continued today--just look at Null Follow-Up on Adrift M-Corrin.

Hardy Bearing and the Deflect series were a one-time fluke to celebrate the seal forge.

I definitely agree that Razzle Dazzle was one of the worst things added to the game. It was annoying even when it was just Elise doing it but Veronica has made it so much worse. I think a simple fix would be giving raventomes a refine that straight up "nullifies abilities that prevent counter attacks." It fits the Raventome theme of being an anti-colorless while providing a decently accessible way to counter razzle-dazzle. I don't think it'd be overpowered because just by choosing a Raventome you're trading a pretty large chunk of power or utility and the mages who run it require at least a fair amount of bulk to get the best use out of it. IS seems intent on not directly nerfing characters but it'd be an easy way to counter the razzle-dazzle meta and may give some of the more bulky mages of the past to have a bit more of a niche. 

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

The Path of Radiance and Shadows of Valentia heroes were designed to be anti-meta, with skills like Guard, Watersweep, Windsweep, Zanbato, Shield Pulse, Distant Defense, and Cancel Affinity. And all of those skills were locked to 5* in an era when feathers were much more scarce, or exclusive to 5* units which even today remain some of the rarest on the entire roster. They were nothing but an empty gesture, and the trend has continued today--just look at Null Follow-Up on Adrift M-Corrin.

Hardy Bearing and the Deflect series were a one-time fluke to celebrate the seal forge.

My expectation is stuff closer to Null Follow-up on AM!Corrin.

also, i want suggestions on my Aether Defense. The aether defense is supposed to reflect the final map of Genealogy of the Holy War. Obv, I'm going for form over function with SF!Nino and S!Tana standing in for two of the mage sisters. First of all, the map:

Spoiler

9MG5pFP.jpg

I also have a tactics room, but not deploying it atm. It's probably better than Bolt Tower, but of all the buildings I had, bolt tower looked the most 'castle-ish.' Also, my fortress defense is level 2 naturally.

Set of characters (Character: Weapon/Assist/Special/A/B/C/S (boon,bane)):

• Julius: Loptous/Swap/Iceberg/Distant Def 3/Quick Riposte 3/Attack Ploy 3/Distant Def 3 (no IVs)
  • S!Tana: Fruit of Idunn/Reposition/Moonbow/Atk Spd Push/Renewel/Spur Atk Def 2/Quickened Pulse (+spd, -hp)
  • Ishtar: Mjolnir/Ardent Sacrifice/Moonbow/Swift Sparrow 3/Desperation 3/Odd Atk Wave 3/Brazan atk res 1 (+attack,-hp )
  • SF!Nino: Giga Excaliber/-/Moonbow/Swift Sparrow 3/Acrobatics/Speed Smoke/Drive Speed 3 (+HP -Spd)

Anyway, I haven't thought everything through. I worked on this map earlier today, so I have no idea how it plays, but I'm curious if there's anything that jumps out (besides the obvious 'everyone is a mage'), that includes both functionally and aesthetically. I'm also wondering if I should replace S!Tana with Aversa, since Aversa might fit the theme better but I lose out on Idunn. However, Idunn, with my current set-up, also allows Julius to leave his corner and Aversa's tome is handy too.

Edit: Also, SS!Camilla (+spd -def) will represent the last mage sister once I get enough aether tokens to unlock the fifth slot (won't be for another two or three weeks). I don't have Morgan-F ever since I foddered her for blarserpent. If I get to tier 19 and can get a sixth slot, I'm mostly open to who can fill the shoes, but I want it to be consistent-ish with the theme.

Edited by Arvis
34 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Sakura with Spellbane Yumi?

Whisper Sothe?

Assassin Matthew?

Another colorless Manakete?

The first three are some crazy stretches.

Daggers and bows go colored now for big releases. The only weapon type still locked to gray is staves. So our likely options are Elincia, Micaiah, and Corrin in their Hoshidan Noble class.

When the developers release a new unit class, the premiere unit is almost always powercrept within a couple of months. So with Halloween Mia considered, a Legendary Elincia is looking good.

Something also: two legendary heroes return in March (Hrid and Ryoma, I think?). March is interesting because there's supposedly three more slots to fill: Dec, Jan, and Feb.

So, what do y'all think March will look like? Will we get another set of legendary heroes? Add in 8 more for light and dark? Have a banner that has all 16 heroes because why not? Or are gonna go full Pokémon where we introduce mythical heroes by going to a GameStop near you?

The last one is a joke, BTW.

Edited by Arvis
On 11/26/2018 at 8:34 PM, Igneous42 said:

I definitely agree that Razzle Dazzle was one of the worst things added to the game. It was annoying even when it was just Elise doing it but Veronica has made it so much worse. I think a simple fix would be giving raventomes a refine that straight up "nullifies abilities that prevent counter attacks." It fits the Raventome theme of being an anti-colorless while providing a decently accessible way to counter razzle-dazzle. I don't think it'd be overpowered because just by choosing a Raventome you're trading a pretty large chunk of power or utility and the mages who run it require at least a fair amount of bulk to get the best use out of it. IS seems intent on not directly nerfing characters but it'd be an easy way to counter the razzle-dazzle meta and may give some of the more bulky mages of the past to have a bit more of a niche. 

It'd make raven tomes actually worth a damn.

Am I lucky because I pulled two +ATK Hrids, or am I unlucky because they're both -DEF?

Similarly, I've now got a +ATK/-HP Brave Hector for merging, who would have 56 ATK and 39 DEF. But I've actually gotten really attached to my -ATK/+DEF Hector, who has 50/43. He scores higher and despite the bane still kills nearly everything when Bonfire activates.

tl;dr asdgodsfguhsgvhsfv

EDIT FORGET ALL OF THAT A LEAKED IMAGE JUST REVEALED THAT WE'RE GETTING LIGHT AND DARK ELEMENTS IN THE 3.0 UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Destiny Hero
2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

tl;dr asdgodsfguhsgvhsfv

i see the first seven letters and thinking you're talking about ASD gods and the last three letters makes me think it's somehow connected to Street Fighter V until I realize it's just gibberish.

Also, Micaiah as a legendary dark hero just seems like a matter of time. If not December, January when we have the Radiant Dawn banner anyway and given F!Robin decided to fly off until February, two colorless legendary heroes isn't that farfetched. Next month, every color except colorless has a legendary hero, although I feel just having no colorless legendary hero next month is likely too.

Edited by Arvis
18 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

How can people tell what seasonal units are going to be in a Legendary banner months from now?

In every notification of each legendary banner, they explicitly list off which legendary units will return and for which month.

So if you keep track of all that, you can plan your summons ahead of time.

39 minutes ago, Chrom said:

In every notification of each legendary banner, they explicitly list off which legendary units will return and for which month.

So if you keep track of all that, you can plan your summons ahead of time.

He actually asked about seasonal, rather than legendary